Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 1:45 PM Last edited by mistydoggoxo : 16th Jun 2017 at 4:17 PM.
Default My Game is Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware, even after reinstall
I reinstalled my game after i was told that Application TS3.exe was blocked from graphics hardware, and I played the game after my reinstall via Origin. I played the game and it was all good. I then exited the game to get my old save family and download some store content, but then my game would not start again. I got the same notification: 'Application TS3.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware'. Someone please help me. I NEED A HEROE, get it? Yes, this is a re-post, my first one was a hot boo boo mess. #latriceroyale

SOLVED: I deleted my save game, it fixed the problem. R.I.P The Alto/Smith Family
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistydoggoxo
I reinstalled my game after i was told that Application TS3.exe was blocked from graphics hardware, and I played the game after my reinstall via Origin. I played the game and it was all good. I then exited the game to get my old save family and download some store content, but then my game would not start again. I got the same notification: 'Application TS3.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware'.

I assumed your TS3 is 1.69 as you reinstalled them via Origin, but although I don’t have 1.69, it shouldn’t be different from 1.67 since after all you managed to get your TS3 running normally, the problem is only started when you load your old saved game and with some store contents or maybe CCs or Mods, that’s certainly not graphic hardware related issues, it’s more to your old saved game and/or store contents or CCs or Mods that triggers the problem, and for 1.69 with store contents or CCs or Mods, we better page @igazor for help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I assumed your TS3 is 1.69 as you reinstalled them via Origin, but although I don’t have 1.69, it shouldn’t be different from 1.67 since after all you managed to get your TS3 running normally, the problem is only started when you load your old saved game and with some store contents or maybe CCs or Mods, that’s certainly not graphic hardware related issues, it’s more to your old saved game and/or store contents or CCs or Mods that triggers the problem, and for 1.69 with store contents or CCs or Mods, we better page @igazor for help

Would I have to give up my save game......
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:42 PM
Would I have to give up my save game......

For quick fix, I would say yes if you just want to play the game, but if you want to save your old game or some items or your sims from it and transfer them to new game, you have to describes what store contents, CCs or Mods you may have, so someone with better experience and knowledge in dealing with them (and 1.69 in particular) can pin point where the root of the problem coming from, I can only help you to analyze that that wasn't because of graphical hardware issue based on my experience and knowledge.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:06 PM
The (application name) Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware message usually points to a "bad" Windows update and/or graphics drivers no longer up to date. Or some combination like that not working well together. It can also be a symptom of Windows not being authenticated. It can happen with any application, even Word and Excel. Has this been covered already?

Some have gotten relief by going to Device Manager, deactivating the graphics card, and activating it again (not sure how reliable these sources are). Others find they have to try Windows Update again, Win 10 seems to make this more confusing than in the past, to see if a prior released bad patch has been fixed and look for updated graphics card drivers as well.

Not really understanding what any of this has to do with Patch levels, 1.69, content, or saved vs. new games. It's a hardware/driver and operating system inconsistency error that could show up anywhere. But maybe I'm missing something?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The (application name) Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware message usually points to a "bad" Windows update and/or graphics drivers no longer up to date. Or some combination like that not working well together. It can also be a symptom of Windows not being authenticated. It can happen with any application, even Word and Excel. Has this been covered already?

Some have gotten relief by going to Device Manager, deactivating the graphics card, and activating it again (not sure how reliable these sources are). Others find they have to try Windows Update again, Win 10 seems to make this more confusing than in the past, to see if a prior released bad patch has been fixed and look for updated graphics card drivers as well.

Not really understanding what any of this has to do with Patch levels, 1.69, content, or saved vs. new games. It's a hardware/driver and operating system inconsistency error that could show up anywhere. But maybe I'm missing something?

I hate to bug you, but how do I deactivate my graphics card and then activate it? I am a technology noob
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
For quick fix, I would say yes if you just want to play the game, but if you want to save your old game or some items or your sims from it and transfer them to new game, you have to describes what store contents, CCs or Mods you may have, so someone with better experience and knowledge in dealing with them (and 1.69 in particular) can pin point where the root of the problem coming from, I can only help you to analyze that that wasn't because of graphical hardware issue based on my experience and knowledge.

So would deleting my family fix the game? At this stage I'm willing to do anything.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

In general (and that might include from OS side of view).., it may have anything to do with hardware/driver and OS inconsistency, but in OP's case, the blocking to access graphic hardware was specified to TS3 only and when the old save being load/run, so I'd assumed (1) the OP managed to run TS3 up to TS3 main menu, at this point I assumed that the TS3 game engine is still running, but when the old save being load/run, TS3 was blocked, (2) it also possible that TS3 was being blocked altogether from the start so even the intro wouldn't start, but that only happened when the OP placed his/hers old save game to TS3 Docs folder as I understand it as the OP described above, and based on those possibilities, in my opinion, it's not graphical issue (tho I could be wrong).

And as for what any of this has anything to do with patch level, 1.69 in particular, I've read somewhere (I forgot where) that AwesomeMod Core mod may not be compatible with 1.69 because I heard that it didn't have the updated version for 1.69, and we don't know what's in the OP old save, so in my understanding.. may be the old save is dependent to some certain CCs or Mods and maybe awesomemod core mod it's also in the old save game, I personally has been using both AwesomMod and NRASS MC side by side with no problem, but that's from my point of view as my TS3 is 1.67, the only problem I had in the past with AwesomeMod was before patch 1.67 introduced, and AwesomeMod requires to be update in each level of patch before the 1.67 otherwise my game won't run, and that's why I paged you because I assumed the OP's TS3 is 1.69
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:16 PM
I fell a little behind on that last point myself for a while there, but another player corrected me. The Grumpy Grand Poobah (wait, that's not right -- what's his self-appointed title again?) updated AwesomeMod for 1.69 a few months ago. The current version accepts either patch level on startup now.

I'm kind of reluctant to give precise instructions on GPU reactivation and driver/Win Update procedures since I don't have access to Win 10 and am kind of flying blind here anyway, so was hoping someone else would have a better solution or more exact steps to take in this instance.
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:37 PM
So would deleting my family fix the game? At this stage I'm willing to do anything.

Well as you said above "I played the game and it was all good. I then exited the game to get my old save family and download some store content, but then my game would not start again.", so I think the problem is either when you put your old save back or some store content or both.

I don't know if deleting your family would fix the game, but in my opinion, your game will run back normally if you removed your TS3 Docs folder altogether to somewhere else temporary, run the game up to TS3 main menu and then just exit so TS3 would regenerate a new TS3 Docs folder for you, then go back to your old TS3 Docs folder, copy its Options.ini to your new TS3 Docs folder (so you won't have to readjust your TS3 graphics anymore), and run the game back, this would clean up everything except your TS3 graphics settings.

As for deactivate and reactivate your gpu, I think that won't be necessary, but if you want us to check your TS3 graphics settings, open your TS3 DeviceConfig.log located in your TS3 Docs folder with Notepad, and post the screenshot here so we can take a look and see if that might also be a problem.