Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:46 PM
Oh sorry.i wasnt aware of your reply.look!ccs i ve used are decor buildings(skyscrapers and buildings) and they ve small size.you re mistaken.i believe most of people can play this world.why do i think so that?because bridgeport city from latenight and shorelights from showtime can open at my computer in 15 minutes as well.but my city could open in 2 or 3 minutes.mostly 4 minutes considering that placing a lot of lots and sims.how could i succeed this?beacuse i ve eke out using terrain paints.please help if you can.here are some screenshots.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 3:35 PM
Thank you @daisylee ! Sometimes the blue line is hidden beneath the water, although I can't see any road routing in your first image.

@tolga_oz I can see from your pictures and Daisylee's that you have roads running beneath your bridge. You should be aware that this will never work quite correctly; sims will 'leap' from one level to the other, and at times I've even seen sims get out of vehicles and run for a while where routes cross. Worst case scenario is that neither the roads or the bridge will be routable. You'll just have to experiment with that!

For your bridge routing problem I suspect that the problem is with the concrete retaining walls. The bounding boxes of those objects intersect your bridge route (you can see this most clearly in your first picture, where the blue line under the bridge is intersected by a red line which is a bounding box).

I think you'll have to play around with the retaining walls and the bridge levels a little to get this to work. You could try making the river bed shallower or deeper.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:40 AM Last edited by daisylee : 20th Jun 2018 at 8:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tolga_oz
Oh sorry.i wasnt aware of your reply.look!ccs i ve used are decor buildings(skyscrapers and buildings) and they ve small size.you re mistaken.i believe most of people can play this world.why do i think so that?because bridgeport city from latenight and shorelights from showtime can open at my computer in 15 minutes as well.but my city could open in 2 or 3 minutes.mostly 4 minutes considering that placing a lot of lots and sims.how could i succeed this?beacuse i ve eke out using terrain paints.please help if you can.here are some screenshots.

You may have done a lot more since the CAW version I have, but the one I have you were in a fairly early CAW stage and other than the LN building shells I do not think many of the lots were built? When CAW is done and the world is built out the file size on this will be huge. I am not trying to be a negative Nellie as I know you have done so much work on this, but.....

I just put Bridgeport in my game just to check, and it took 4 minutes to install it. I saved and then went back to the main menu and was able to open it in less than a minute. If it takes you 15 minutes to open Bridgeport, I dare not think how long this world will take. I think it is just too ambitious, but that is solely my opinion.

Others can weigh in on this, but that is my worry.
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:09 PM
Actually,there isnt any road passing beneath the bridge,i ve just painted as if a road exist under the bridge.i know or else cars and sims may leap one level from another.
And i dont suppose the problem occurs from retaining walls.beacuse i had tried bridge in another world without any objects.im about to restoring my city.my intent is to make my city perfect.i will supress these shell buildings while replacing with lots.i dont believe opening time would last long time.(or else i ll replace them with decor buildings)we will see.
Here.i dont know if you want to see my city with skyscrapers but this is the link. http://www.mediafire.com/file/exqn3zcbw1cqrbr
Ä°n addition there is another bridge as named old pier.but sims can walk over it without encountering any problem.why this occurs on the suspension bridge,im not sure.maybe suspension bridge is broken.
Look at my world pictures these are so beautifull
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
And i dont suppose the problem occurs from retaining walls.beacuse i had tried bridge in another world without any objects. why this occurs on the suspension bridge,im not sure.maybe suspension bridge is broken.

No, there is no problem with the bridge- it works fine in Bridgeport and also in many custom worlds that have been created. It is the way you have it positioned; any bounding boxes intersecting the spline will cause problems, as will an unsuitable terrain gradient.

The pictures may be pretty, but it's not going to be viable to play if it has routing issues.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No, there is no problem with the bridge- it works fine in Bridgeport and also in many custom worlds that have been created. It is the way you have it positioned; any bounding boxes intersecting the spline will cause problems, as will an unsuitable terrain gradient.

The pictures may be pretty, but it's not going to be viable to play if it has routing issues.

Omg omg...i have coped out my problem.now sims can walk over the suspension bridge without encountering any problem. im so happy now.
Ä°m restoring my city .i think you re admin of modthesims.if i complete my city,i want to publish my city on the modthesims.but i dont figure out how to upload my city to modthesims.when i finish my world,can you help me to share
on the mosthesims by any chance please?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:29 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:47 PM
Omg omg...i have coped out my problem.now sims can walk over the suspension bridge without encountering any problem. when i finish my world,can you help me to share on the mosthesims by any chance please?

Hey @tolga_oz
Wjat did you do to fix it? Well done!

Follow the link that daisylee gave above for the MTS Creator Guidelines for worlds.
When you are happy with your world, you could ask others to test it for you, and get some advice about uploading, by posting it here:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612
Once you have your world ready for upload, you can submit it by clicking 'Create>Upload Items' at the top of the page.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hey @tolga_oz
Wjat did you do to fix it? Well done!

Follow the link that daisylee gave above for the MTS Creator Guidelines for worlds.
When you are happy with your world, you could ask others to test it for you, and get some advice about uploading, by posting it here:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612
Once you have your world ready for upload, you can submit it by clicking 'Create>Upload Items' at the top of the page.

Oh okay thanks.i will be examining this tutorial when completed my world.
Firstly,i cleared all objects beneath the world.and tested but problem still existed.then i opened caw again and deleted all things i saw near the bridge.and opened my world in game.my sim couldnt still pass the bridge from terrain but i teleported my sim on bridge.and i saw my sim could walk over the bridge no stuck.this was enough for me but then i changed y axis number with small changes.now sims can pass the bridge without encountering any problem.i have even located the retaining walls and other objects beneath the bridge again.but any problem didnt occur.sims are still able to pass the bridge within retaining walls .i think we need to first locate suspension bridge and then may locate other objects near or beneath the bridge.there would be no problem.thank you again.i appreciate both of you for your care thankss babiesss :lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:54 PM
i think we need to first locate suspension bridge and then may locate other objects near or beneath the bridge.there would be no problem.

Good tip, thank you.
Page 2 of 2