Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#501 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:01 PM
I am currently experiencing a completely non-working mod. It has worked for me in the past, but recently it has stopped. I downloaded the stable version, along with the toddler patch, yet I am unable to change the heights of my sims. I enter the proper commands, but nothing seems to change.
Am I perhaps missing an important step?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#502 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maniakos
I am currently experiencing a completely non-working mod. It has worked for me in the past, but recently it has stopped. I downloaded the stable version, along with the toddler patch, yet I am unable to change the heights of my sims. I enter the proper commands, but nothing seems to change.
Am I perhaps missing an important step?

And have you also got the updated slider script fix file from Ash77 in post #392 (page 16 i think). My apologies if you have. I only use the short and tall toddler fix sliders and the slider script fix and its working fine for me.
Test Subject
#503 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:21 PM
Hi! Everything seems to be working, but just curious if theres a way to fix the clipped heads of shorter and taller sims in their little headshot icons in the bottom left corner? This is just an aesthetic complain haha so if theres nothing to do theres no biggie.
Mad Poster
#504 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:54 PM
Nobody knows how to change the portrait pictures yet. Or even if it's possible. The cameras are set at a fixed height for them.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#505 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:36 PM
Hello, guys.
I found, that this mod was stopped working.
Who wants it reworked?
I can rework it, if you want.
Test Subject
#506 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 11:08 PM
Is there a height mod for teens - elders that works without the kiss/hug, carring toddlers and so on bugs?
If there is please link to what I need 😬
Forum Resident
#507 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:40 AM
I use the combination given in post 490. It works perfectly and you can adjust by pulling their feet and in CAS. You need to follow the instructions in post 317 carefully.
Test Subject
#508 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:43 AM
This mod was just working a week ago and now its gone again Why does this keep happening. Someone please fix this.
Test Subject
#509 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtUrlWWW
Hello, guys.
I found, that this mod was stopped working.
Who wants it reworked?
I can rework it, if you want.

Yes please :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#510 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 11:05 AM
It's still working in my game. I know because I was only using it yesterday.
The files in the first post haven't worked for a long time but there have been several updates by other members throughout the replies.

Lab Assistant
#511 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
The files in the first post haven't worked for a long time but there have been several updates by other members throughout the replies.

Can I ask you to repost them?
Scholar
#512 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Morphar : 28th Jul 2017 at 3:28 PM.
Can I ask you to repost them?

Post #317 is the key. Start there.

Remember that this is the original mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329
It is the only fully working mod. The animation could probably be a little smother but can, if changed, result in strange toddler handling. Short sims get stiff legs.
Some people don't like to use the foot slider as a height slider in CAS. Others don't like to set the height in the cheat console.

Original source code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8KXkA0MW12hjkJiY_T6hHUV3KS

Here is an attempt to just improve animation but resulted later in toddler handling issue.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

Post #490 have a summary of one alternative setup.

My personal priority is:
Shorter teens than adults.
Nicer animations of short sims.
Set heights survive aging.
Realistic genetics.
Height setting in CAS
Height setting in cheat console.
Test Subject
#513 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

This is what is happening since the latest update. I did not get a pic of the children, they were all walking with bent knees. I just removed the sliders for now. I do have the updated script and verto's updates for the slider. I really like the sliders and they were working just fine until the update.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#514 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairjuno
This is what is happening since the latest update. I did not get a pic of the children, they were all walking with bent knees. I just removed the sliders for now. I do have the updated script and verto's updates for the slider. I really like the sliders and they were working just fine until the update.

And, I see changes in Python code of the game API.
Console version is not working for all, right? I am saying about file A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip.
Mad Poster
#515 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:22 PM
I forget which version of everything I am using now but I am using the CAS feet slider version made by CmarNYC to actually alter heights.

Lab Assistant
#516 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 12:27 AM
I've made fixed version of the mod, so you can enjoy it with console commands - http://arturlwww.tumblr.com/post/16...-gradual-height
Instructor
#517 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 3:43 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 29th Jul 2017 at 4:02 AM.
The Updated Height from vectorplexus and the Updated Script File from Ash77 along with CmarNYC's Height Slider are working for me still.
Test Subject
#518 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I use the combination given in post 490. It works perfectly and you can adjust by pulling their feet and in CAS. You need to follow the instructions in post 317 carefully.

Is it working without the bugs?
Scholar
#519 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 2:13 AM Last edited by Morphar : 30th Jul 2017 at 2:27 AM.
I've made fixed version of the mod, so you can enjoy it with console commands - http://arturlwww.tumblr.com/post/16...-gradual-height

But what did you fix? To my knowledge there are no problems with the console commands. Did you fix the same problems as Ash77 already fixed in post #392?

Here are the latest findings that vectorplexus found before he took a pause:

Quote:
Ok here's a small update, on what is happening and how it can be fixed...

The problem is that the torso and legs ratio, in children and toddlers is different from Teens/YA/Adults and Elders. So if I fix the children/toddler I will break all other age's heights, and vice-versa. There is a way to fix this ofc, but it requires scripting (Python) and because I barely ever did anything in Python and because I'm not familiar with Sims 4 specific coding, its harder for me to try to code... I usually compare the way I'm coding in an unfamiliar language, to the Infinite monkey theorem, so I'm not even sure when and if I'll be able to pull this one out. I already looked at the scripts in more detail, and I have a general idea how I could fix it, to be able to have 2 sets of sliders (normal height and height for children/toddlers) but I'll make no promises, nor can I commit to a fast update, since I have no idea how much "face-rolling" will I need to do on my keyboard to have a functional script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
It's great to see somebody has taken up this monumental mod.
I will add though that I am finding my teen Sims bend their knees when they are shortened. Okay, so actually I've only tried the mod on one Sim because ALL I want is for teen Sims to be at a slightly shorter height by default, and his knees always seem to be slightly bent now.

That shouldn't be really happening on teens, but I'll check it out. Are Teens able to pick up Toddlers? I assume so, but I'm unsure

As you can see the animation part of the mod need a python to be fixed. But also the aging problem need a python to be fixed. Are you that python?

Edit:
Sorry, I now saw that you updated the version v0.06.1 and not the version v0.04.1 that almost all use.
So maybee some other issues are already solved in that version. I will make a test.
Forum Resident
#520 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cx1
Is it working without the bugs?

It works for adults and teens. I don't use it for younger age groups.
Scholar
#521 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:18 AM

I have tested a bit and it seems short sims of all ages get better looking legs than in the original mod. The toddler issue is not solved though and I didn't expect that either.
The toddler fix by vectorplexus may solve that issue. The Ash77 fix seems not necessary with Arturlwww version as they probably solved the same bug.

Hopefully aging or genetics vill work if we base the mod on version.v0.06.1 instead of v0.04.1. Simmythesims says someware that he thought he had it working but it was destroid by an EA patch.

@Arturlwww: Please change the .zip extension of the file containing the scripts to .ts4script that is standard extension for script files in TS4.
You will have a huge number of installation questions from noobs that will unzip that file.

@Noobs: Just unzip ArtUrlWWW_Sliders v. 006.2.zip.
Test Subject
#522 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 3:27 PM

Its working thank you! Guys you have to put the zip file directly into the mods folder!
Scholar
#523 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cloroxbleachh
Its working thank you! Guys you have to put the zip file directly into the mods folder!

No, you don't have to. You can have it in a subfolder in Mods folder but not deeper. In 7-zip just extract to the suggested folder ArtUrlWWW_Sliders v. 006.2

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\mods\ArtUrlWWW_Sliders v. 006.2

ArtUrlWWW_Sliders_Script.zip
Bulge Slider.package
Hand Slider.package
Height Slider Growth.package
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Tall.package
Neck Slider.package
Test Subject
#524 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:29 PM
I'm finding with the gradual growth mod that the children are random heights that don't seem to be related to their age. Is it because I used Command Center to make custom lifespans maybe?
Scholar
#525 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiegr1982
I'm finding with the gradual growth mod that the children are random heights that don't seem to be related to their age. Is it because I used Command Center to make custom lifespans maybe?

I think all sims in game, including children, are first set to a random height and start growing gradually from there.

As you maybe can see in the code below an age check is made and if child it sets the height slider to 15.36 * sim_age + simHeightStat - 100
So it is not only the age multplied by a value but also adding simHeightStat - 100.
The simHeightStat comes from simHeightStat = stat_commodity.get_value()

What value is that? Anyone that can comment the code?

Quote:
def SimGrowthOneSim(sim_info=None):
ageSpeed = services.get_age_service().aging_speed
pop = 0
if not services.get_age_service()._unplayed_aging_enabled:
ageSpeed = None
if sim_info is not None:
pop = pop + 1
# ScumLog.log('1')
sim_age = sim_info._days_until_ready_to_age()
SimAge = sim_info.age
randomizeHeightIfDefault(sim_info)
manager = services.get_instance_manager(Types.STATISTIC)
stat_file = manager.get(18157023230166068511)
stat_commodity = sim_info.get_statistic(stat_file)
simHeightStat = stat_commodity.get_value()
if SimAge == Age.CHILD:
childHeightSlider = 15.36 * sim_age + simHeightStat - 100

teenHeightSlider = 0
elif SimAge == Age.TEEN:
teenHeightSlider = 7.68 * sim_age
childHeightSlider = 0
else:
if SimAge == Age.YOUNGADULT or SimAge == Age.ADULT or SimAge == Age.ELDER:
teenHeightSlider = 0
childHeightSlider = 0
if childHeightSlider is not None:
AddSimSlider.setModifierWithSimInfo('chs', childHeightSlider, sim_info)
if teenHeightSlider is not None:
AddSimSlider.setModifierWithSimInfo('ths', teenHeightSlider, sim_info)
return
Page 21 of 44