Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:11 AM
Default Transferring Hoods
Okay, so I have this realllly big family...The Evans. The live in a Custom hood of mine. Im thinking of moving them to Riverblossom Hills (the new hood that comes with the pack). The problem is though, they're is about 3 lots containing them. Thankfully, the all add up to 8 People. But can anyone tell me if this will work, I plan on combining all the Sims into one big lot (goodbye pets ) And then move all of their personal home lots into Riverblossom Hills...anyone?

Sorry if its confusing, just ask me to explain it in greater detail if your lost :smash:
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:15 AM
You can save the house (with sims) to the lot bin and then just replant them down there in the new hood from the lot bin.

It breaks connections with neighbors etc but that won't matter since it's a different hood
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:29 AM
Thanks, but what about them being all family? I tried and expermineted it with Jill Smith and Johnny Smith (the alien family in Strangetown) and they lost family ties. In the new hood the had a memory of "Jill grew up Well." then "Moved in" then "Met Jill Smith!"

So I'm still unsure what I should do...Ill try what you said though, thanks so much
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:37 AM
You have to pick one lot with at least one member of the family on it. Then have that person call and invite over a relative that you want to include. When that relative gets there, make sure their relationship is good and then ask them to move in. When you get the panel of who all to move, select all the members of that household and move 'em in. Continue this with the other lot of sims. Then you can move that lot with all your simmies into the house bin. If you are attached to their houses, move the empty ones into the lot bin, too, then in the new Neighborhood, you can put their old houses down and eventually move the appropriate members into them.

I suggest using the Insim to help you out with this too. You can use it to 'summon' those family members, then use the 'family tree adjustor' (I think it's that one) to add that person to the lot.

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 1:16 AM
Thanks enchantedw0lf, I'll end up doing that... and I'll just put all there pets up for adoption, then adopt them in the new hood...sounds pretty good to me. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 10:20 AM
But why get rid of the pets? You can have up to eight sims and 6 pets, no?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:34 AM
You can use one of various hacks to get the families moved in together, then you won't be constrained by household size.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#8 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:54 PM
You can just move all three households over individually and use something like SimPE or insimenator to add family ties. I doubt they will retain their memories though.
#9 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:10 AM
Don't mention wanting to do this on MATY - it's extremely un-recommended.

It adds unnecessary character files to the neighbourhood - those of every person each sim has ever met, so your neighbourhood gets full a lot faster..
#10 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:17 PM
I'll probably do opposite.. Merge new Riverblossom with my existing hoods. Otherwise will never play with new families in it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThePolygotNerd
It adds unnecessary character files to the neighbourhood - those of every person each sim has ever met, so your neighbourhood gets full a lot faster..

I moved a bunch of sims to a new hood once and completely corrupted it because of all the extra memories It thought one of my custom made sims was an NPC and there was 4 of him
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 11:33 PM
Yep, that's what happens with memories and shredded charector files. Moving Sims between neighborhoods is a VBT (very bad thing) and can result in a BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space tm JM Pescado).

It can be done with painstaking editing via SimPE. But, Oh Lord, would that be a PITA.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.