Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Issues with Creating A Kitchen Island with stove...
Okay, I keep trying to make kitchen islands with stoves in them... I put 5 counters, 3 on one side, then 2 on the other side. In between the two, I put a stove. The counters create rounded corners when they 'snap' to each other. Here's my issue: To the left of the stove, the counter works perfectly. To the right of the stove, it refuses to snap to the stove... If I move the stove and put another counter there, it works perfectly. If I put the stove back, the counter pops back into sticking out... So there are three rounded corners instead of four... Also, when I put four counters on one side, and three on the other with the stove, all corners work fine. Just for some reason it won't snap to the right side of the stove...

It's not the stove, I've tried several. The stove I like is Maxis, and my favorite counters are Maxis... I've tried Moveobjects on, etc with no luck. I found another similar thread (they wanted corners in the regular counters, not the islands), who said try "disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on" and push the Alt key while placing, but when I press Alt key, it just makes it so my camera moves. It doesn't even show the counter I'm holding, it's just four little arrows...

Does anyone know of a trick for this? Or anything I could try?

At the bottom of this thread they said they might make something to trick the game into thinking there's a counter there, but there's no sign of a download with that creator. Does anything like this exist? http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...rounded+corners
I realize this isn't the WCIF thread, but since my main question is how can I get around the 'glitch' or whatever it is, and the download is a last resort or just in case someone knows, I thought I'd mention it... And also, it could be said my question is almost the same as theirs...

Thanks for any help!

When a man kills a tiger, it is called a game.
When a Tiger kills a man, then it is called savagery...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:59 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:49 PM
Hooray! That fixes that problem! Thanks a lot! You know, I checked your page, and I didn't see it. Passed right over it. *Facepalms* And that's the third time I've checked your page, because I have almost all your other stuff! Lol!

But I'm still curious. Is that a common problem, or is it just me/my game...?

When a man kills a tiger, it is called a game.
When a Tiger kills a man, then it is called savagery...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:21 PM
No, it's common enough. Sometimes the game doesn't like to play logically and the counters can be a pain.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc