Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:32 PM
Punish them? I love the Ottomas clan, so I don't punish them. I just plunk them down in every 'hood I play (almost) and breed them with the locals. Them and the Newsons.

And they're not ugly. They have character. No bland, boring face-ones in this family!

ETA: Oh, and usually I build them a house, but in Pleasantview they live in 130 Sim Lane. It works out pretty well, although they don't have room for much of anything besides bedrooms.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:12 PM
I once went full term with her pregnancy, but this was back when I was a noob and didn't know the whole family was corrupted and glitchy.
My most recent playing with the Ottomans has including moving them into 170 Sim Lane in Pleasantville, drowning poor Samantha and then Peter(?) fell in love with Brandi Broke. Mwahahaha. They shall soon have the most ridiculous sized family ever!! I may move them all into a squalor of a home to highlight their having 'more mouths than they can afford to feed'. I'm slightly evil
Mad Poster
#253 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:22 PM
You are also misinformed if you think the whole family is glitchy. ONLY the pregnancy is broken, and ONLY if you weren't patched when they first loaded.

I sound like a broken record, but I will repeat this as often as necessary until the word gets out. I dream of a better tomorrow, when sims are not judged on what happened years ago before the patch came out, but on what they really do and are.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#254 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM
And I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road, but I also tire of threads like this where a sim family or an age range (don't get me started on toddlers!) gets a whole lot of hate. Peni I can feel an "I love the Ottomas family" thread coming on and you should post it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#255 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:06 AM
The family is ok I guess, but I find them a little boring to be honest. I usually play them for a day or two and then play with other families that are more interesting. It's probably just cause once the twins are born I get pissed off (especially when they're toddlers). I suppose they're not the worst looking sims in the world, but them not looking like supermodels doesn't necessarily make them engaging, since looks get old fast and they need something else other than genetics to make them worthwhile. Especially since big families are a bit of a pain in the ass

I am burdened with glorious purpose.
Forum Resident
#256 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:31 PM
I love them and their hideous twins.
Field Researcher
#258 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:25 PM
The Ottomas family has never been a favourite of mine but I don't hate them. It's not because of the pregnancy glitch or because they're a large family but I suppose they just aren't really my cup of tea. I quite like the way they look though, it's unique and interesting instead of regular CAS -faces.
Test Subject
#259 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:38 PM
So many people hate the ottomas or think their ugly the mum is pretty and so is the toddler boy. He's my favorite while the twins won't be super models they're not ugly just unique. Besides liking the way they look their so fun to play. And how I "punish" them is I make them pop out as many kids as they can like the duggars. The dad reminds me of Jim bob lol
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paulinajean
they're not ugly just unique.

I agree. I love the family. They're one of the main families in my Pleasantview. The twins in my game were boy/girl and I think the girl is actually quite a beauty.
Natalie Ottomas: http://www.familyecho.com/ap/ap_ima...lj&r=899644053&

I guess the way they were "punished" in my game was that Samantha only lived long enough to see three grandchildren (as a family sim she woulda loved to see them grow up!). David also suffered death by satellite shortly after the birth of his twin daughters.

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Test Subject
#261 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:00 AM
They are my favourite family besides the Goths
I made them into a self-sufficient (no jobs, no buying groceries) farming and fishing family which is perfect because there's so many of them. I had two girls after the twins. There's 4 grandchildren so far between them and I've started another farm. I seriously love them
Don't know what everyone's problem is
They're not the most beautiful but like - its sims, seriously who cares?
I had some glitches with Jessie - as a kid he was a stretched out baby but I didn't mind, and as an adult he had a blue faceless head. Once he turned into a plantsim it went away though.
You people are really weird. And messed up. Seriously I hope you don't view "ugly" people as so worthless
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#262 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:11 AM
If you read over the thread you will see posts by those of us who like the Ottomas family as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#263 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 4:53 PM
I have only recently just begun playing Riverblossom Hills and the Ottomas family in it, for the first time ever. I'm pretty sure I was I patched pre-loading it up (I am now at any rate) but just in case I aborted Samantha's pregnancy with InSim then got her preggo with twins again. I've only played 1 rotation which for me is a Sim week. She had her twins, Faith and Bryan, girl and boy twins.

They certainly aren't the most attractive Sims but so what? They will be a hard family though with so many of them and not doing so well with the $ right now. I did recently get the trips and quads mod...and Samantha is pregnant again...I will have them have a few more kids. And with limited space and $ that will not be easy. But I do like a challenge.

I have no idea where I will take this family. Just gotta wait and see. David did go off to Uni, completed Uni and is now in a small apt.

Edit: I did also get the mod that allows me to have more than 8 Sims living on a lot at once.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#265 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 4:34 AM
I kept breeding them.
Most of them didn't end up too bad, Tommy actually ended up the best looking of the bunch and is actually quite a decent looking fella.

Their youngest though... I think he might be the ugliest sim child I've ever seen, and I breed Landgraabs on the regular.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#266 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 4:47 AM
I have far uglier sims in my prettacy than that.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#267 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 5:29 AM
Spallard is obviously not familiar with my sims, if that's the ugliest one she's ever seen.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#268 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
FranH, you REALLY shouldn't do that. Apparently deleting sims directly from the sim bin using the trashcan seriously messes up your game, and is supposedly just as bad as moving occupied lots from neighborhood to neighborhood. I just found out about this myself, and have had my own game become so wrecked by this (and a few other things as well, in all fairness) that I had to do the whole re-install thing. (Even after nearly two weeks I STILL haven't finished getting back all the CC I lost, to say nothing of rebuilding all of the houses and sims.... )

Wha-wha-what?

I delete there all the time!
Test Subject
#269 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 8:01 AM
To clarify, I mean the non game-error looking ugly. :P
I've had the no-eyes thing and eyes sticking off of the head, terrible cheekbone errors with the teeth sticking through, things like that, but the creepy thing about that child is how NORMAL the ugly is.

You could easily see an ugly child like that in real life, I guess. That's what I find frightening!

Oh and Peni (I don't know if it's possible to tag you, I'm not used to this forum just yet) I've actually been a big fan for your simblr for ages I was still following it up until I deleted my tumblr account a while ago.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#270 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 8:03 AM
@Alphal you really need to read over the game corruption page again. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption

The in game tools of deleting sims, deleting graves, moving an occupied house into the house bin, moving a sim between hoods all cuase instant corruption at hood level. Things may or may not blow up quickly. When you delete a sim with that tool it doesn't really delete the data it simply shreds it and bits of that sim can attach to other sims or cause other immediate havoc, but other times people get lucky probably because the shredded data either floats around or attaches somewhere more benign. But whatever it does cause instant corruption. Make backups, extract any important sims and make sure you have sim free copies of lots you want to keep.
Also run the Hood Checker and use the batbox to delete all gossip.

In sims 3 you can delete sims but not in sims 2 not unless you do it via a special process with the bat box and SimPE but even than it's easier and safer simply to kill off sims you don't want and make a graveyard someplace for the tombs.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#271 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 12:40 PM
Never even heard of that thread before today. In fact, after reading all of that and what Mootilda had wrote, I don't think I'm going to even touch the Sims in the family bin or even mess with them somewhere else because of this. I'm just going to let the pre-made sims in the family bin (and the ones I have made) stay where they began. In a deep, dark and scary hole/black hole/evil and ugly chest. When it gets too full, I will follow the tutorial. That's a future-Alpal problem.
Forum Resident
#272 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:33 AM
"Dora's genetics and facial structure are the result of the genetic combination of Peter and Samantha."
From The Sims wiki,
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#273 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:45 AM
So long as you are patched, specifically the Season patch, both the Ottomas and Critter families are fine. If you are not patched then they will corrupt your hood even from the bin.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#274 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:51 AM
The UC comes with all patches, right?
Mad Poster
#275 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:37 AM
I don't think the unpatched twins corrupt unless they're born, Jo. Even in an unpatched game, if you terminate the pregnancies, they're fine.

To the best of my knowledge, the UC is completely patched. If you're worried about it, try to patch it! It doesn't hurt or take very long to do, and the little notice that says it can't install the patch because it's already patched will relieve your mind wonderfully.

Page 11 of 15