Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Working Futon

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 906 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 110,365 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:56 PM
Updated: 20th May 2015 at 11:14 AM - New Version
Updates
20th May 2015
- now the futon is recognized as a bed by story progression for immigration purposes (tested with EA's, NRaas' and AwesomeMod's SP)
- futons' ownership is now claimable (note: I didn't change the interaction's name in case you sleep in a futon owned by another Sim)
- added a second package with a smaller version of the futon, see new screenshot
--- this package needs the main one to work
--- the smaller version uses a different RGB mask, so you can CAST the pillow with a different color than the quilt
--- I couldn't get the sun shadows right so I "disabled" them (MLODs are still in the package, if someone wants to help me)
--- there's some clipping between futon and Sim during animations, I miscalculated the distance, but it's not too horrible
--- the footprint (the green outline when you place/move it) looks awkward, like the normal sized one, but works

Mod Description
This mod was realized in collaboration with NoirAndDarkSims.

Developed and tested with game version 1.67.

The title is pretty much self explanatory: it's a futon that (kinda) works. It's very
similar to the sleeping bag from Generations EP (it doesn't require it) but with
some differences, the main one is probably that can't be picked by sims.

Object details: 1889 vertices, 3462 polygons, 3 recolorable channels,
price 150, you can find it in the Buy Catalog between the regular beds.

It's very cheap but lets recover energy like an average quality bed, so maybe
it's a bit unbalanced from that point of view. On the other hand it doesn't allow
to claim its ownership, relax or do all the other interactions of a double bed.

As any other of my mods, anyone is free to use/modify it with my blessing.
I don't care about being credited but since this is a collaboration if you use
the meshes please give credit to my modding partner.

Technical info and room for improvement

Additional Credits:
All authors and contributors of the tools and tutorials for modding TS3.
MTS and all the modders that made the game much more enjoyable.