Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is there a way to organize CC in build/buy mode?
I feel like I've been asking a lot of questions on here lately. I apologize. I've just recently gotten back into the Sims after not playing for years so I'm running into a lot of questions none of which I can find answers to anywhere.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to organize your custom content within each category during build/buy mode. For example, I have TONS of custom decor under both the sculpture and miscellaneous sections and often when I'm looking for a specific item it takes a really long time to find it if I ever do at all because I don't always know which category it's under. Also, there is just SO many things in there that came with lots. And sometimes objects in there show up under both sculptures and misc.
It'd be really nice to be able to sort all of that into subfolders within the category based off the types of things the objects are. Is my only solution to put things that I use frequently into individual collections? Or is there some type of mod or cheat that can do this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:01 PM
I assume your problem with collections is the incredibly tedious task of assigning items one by one in build/buy mode?

I use CC Magic where I sort my items into sets and then assign these sets to collections.
Much faster once you've learned how to use it. Otherwise, I can't think of a method that doesn't involve collections.

Nona has a tutorial for beginners.
Theorist
#3 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:03 PM
Open up your cc with S3PE and change the price and / or category

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2016 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I assume your problem with collections is the incredibly tedious task of assigning items one by one in build/buy mode?

I use CC Magic where I sort my items into sets and then assign these sets to collections.
Much faster once you've learned how to use it. Otherwise, I can't think of a method that doesn't involve collections.

Nona has a tutorial for beginners.

I'm kind of scared of CC Magic now because the last time I used it a ton of my CC randomly got deleted and I've heard CC Magic sometimes does stuff like that.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th May 2016 at 2:06 AM
I never had a problem like that. I can't even imagine how that would happen. Maybe try it with a small amount of CC first? Maybe all the CC that you want to put in one category, then make a set with it (the only one) and go from there?

Of course, always have a backup of your CC somewhere else. It's just good policy.

Best of luck!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2016 at 12:15 PM
I never had a problem like that. I can't even imagine how that would happen. Maybe try it with a small amount of CC first? Maybe all the CC that you want to put in one category, then make a set with it (the only one) and go from there?

Of course, always have a backup of your CC somewhere else. It's just good policy.

Best of luck!

Knowing me I probably just accidentally deleted it myself and somehow didn't notice. It was a ton of CC missing though and I swear I was being careful and only deleting patterns when it happened.
Also, Sims3dashboard has disabled a lot of CC without me noticing right away.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th May 2016 at 4:42 PM
Dashboard really doesn't do that unless you click on the button. And that's supposed to be a good thing, since it disable conflicting mods. Regular CC only unless it's corrupt. As I said, start small, keep backups, and don't click on buttons before you know why!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:38 PM
Dashboard really doesn't do that unless you click on the button. And that's supposed to be a good thing, since it disable conflicting mods. Regular CC only unless it's corrupt. As I said, start small, keep backups, and don't click on buttons before you know why!

Well, I mean it happens when I click fix all errors. Then it will say that it disabled however many if it did at all. I always look to see how many it disabled but there was once where I must not have noticed. And I notice that Dashboard has actually disabled stuff that worked fine. I've gone back and re-enabled some of the files that it disabled and they continued to work just fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eringobragh22
Well, I mean it happens when I click fix all errors. Then it will say that it disabled however many if it did at all. I always look to see how many it disabled but there was once where I must not have noticed. And I notice that Dashboard has actually disabled stuff that worked fine. I've gone back and re-enabled some of the files that it disabled and they continued to work just fine.

Just in case you might not be aware: If you are running all folders through the Dashboard you are bound to see what looks like conflicts. And clicking Fix all errors will remove files not meant to be removed. It is best to run only the Mods/Packages folder through the Dashboard.

Nona has a good tutorial for Understanding Mod Conflicts and Delphy's Dashboard
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th May 2016 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Just in case you might not be aware: If you are running all folders through the Dashboard you are bound to see what looks like conflicts. And clicking Fix all errors will remove files not meant to be removed. It is best to run only the Mods/Packages folder through the Dashboard.

Nona has a good tutorial for Understanding Mod Conflicts and Delphy's Dashboard

Nah, I usually run only the folders with packages in them. And I always put new CC into a test folder and run it through Dashboard before I put it in my game.