Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 11:04 PM
Default Retrieving and Changing Eye Colors
It may be too late to get any help on this, but this is my last ditch attempt for a solution.

I would like to get a sim's eye color and be able to change it. I tried to look up how the game handles eye inheritance but as far as I can tell, it just copies the chosen parent or grandparent's SimDescription. As far as I can tell, it seems to fall back on some kind of preset with mutations, which means I have no idea what it's doing being the scenes.

Any help or point in the direction of help would be so appreciated!!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 6:54 AM
From Vampire Tweaker V4
Quote:
-Add it automatically red eyes when the vampires are thirsty. They disappear when they satisfy

Maybe that can help. Try studying that mod.
Its author sometimes writes here too,
so maybe he'll help you directly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM
At first, I didn't have high hopes because it was for vampires, and I figured it was an overlay like alien eyes or something. But then I read this little tidbit:
Quote:
As you can see, when the script add the red eyea, the original color of the eyes are deleted and when the vampire is satisfied, the color of the eyes is like this:
and now and completely excited. I'm off to peek into that mod and see how they did it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
At first, I didn't have high hopes because it was for vampires, and I figured it was an overlay like alien eyes or something. But then I read this little tidbit:
and now and completely excited. I'm off to peek into that mod and see how they did it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I finally help you by a private message. I think you finally understand my code.

So, i really interested when somebody ask me something how the finish, so i do the same with you.

What are you interested to do? And how finally you use that?

So, i want to see your package uploded here!

Greetings!
Inventor
#5 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Arsil : 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:50 PM.
Why use a private message? I was interested in that too
and other readers could learn something.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I took a look at your mod.
It doesn't really change/restore the eyes' color,
it adds/removes a CAS accessory/makeup, right?
Not want the OP wanted, I'm afraid.

I was interested because I wanted to make a rug with an interaction
to remove the sims' shoes, but then I discovered that you have to
permanently modify the current outfit or create a new one (and also
assign the bare feet mesh/CASpart/bodyPart/whateverIsCalled to
the outfit or they'll have invisible feet). Not worth the effort for me,
I hoped it could be done much more easily and modifying only
temporarily the outfit.

PS
Since we both have some difficulties with the language, I wanted to let
you know that I didn't mean to use a harsh or critical tone in this post.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:37 PM Last edited by Blackcatluna : 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:55 PM.
The eye color data is actually stored in the SIMO files along with the sims' outfit data, so it would be possible to make a method that creates a new outfit with a new eye color that changes under some circumstances through a script, like when a vampire is thirsty for example.

I also noticed that real non default eyes, scalp or faces may even be possible if we clone the default ones! However, we probably wouldn't be able to give them to sims through cas and because of that, we would surely need to either create a mod or edit SIMO files if we would want someone to have them. Not very practical but imagine the possibilities if it actually works!