Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 5:22 AM
Default Towel after shower?
How would you make a mod that would make a sim change into a towel after taking a towel rather than their every day outfit?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 9:45 AM
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Shower+TakeShower.Run() runs the take shower interaction. Inside there is the following line:
Code:
this.mSwitchOutfitHelper = new Sim.SwitchOutfitHelper(base.Actor, Sim.ClothesChangeReason.GettingOutOfBath);
which in the initialization calls:
Code:
Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim.GetOutfitForClothingChange(ClothesChangeReason reason, out OutfitCategories category)
This is where the game determines which clothes the sim should wear.

To change that behavior, I believe you could write a script mod to remove the TakeShower interaction from all showers and replace it with your own, where you could then control the SwitchOutfitHelper.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 6:48 PM
I'm rather new to modding and I don't know where I would find these files or how I would write this mod.
Inventor
#4 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM
This is probably not a modding project for a beginner, unless you have some prior programming experience. If you want to give it a try at some point, Buzzler's Pure Scripting Modding Tutorial is a good introduction into script modding.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 7:58 PM
Or simply find a nice towel for everyday, etc. and place that instead.

Of course, that's with my rudimentary knowledge of mods.