Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:03 AM
Default A- Z Heartbreaker Generation Challenge
I've kind of been sitting on this one for a while, contemplating whether or not to post it. This is my first time posting, so please, be easy! :P

First things first - create a female sim in CAS. Yes, she MUST be female! She can have whatever traits you prefer, as long as you can get the LTW of Heartbreaker. I recommend having at least flirty, commitment issues, and great kisser, but it's not imperative.

Put your sim wherever you want. I used money cheats, since your sim cannot get a job. There's a nice three bedroom, three bathroom house in Sunset Valley that I used, which I turned into a four bedroom, four bathroom house.

Now, to begin. For each boyfriend your sim has, she must have one child with him. You may let her have girlfriends as well, but your sim must have ten different children with ten different men. Twins and triplets are fine, but they add stress to your sim (trust me). Each child must have a name that begins with the same letter of the alphabet as their brothers and sister. You will begin with A, and work your way down through the alphabet with each generation.

Your sim may have as many boys as you wish, but your last child MUST be a girl. This girl carries on the family "business", becoming a heartbreaker herself.

Do not age up your children early unless you need to. For example, my toddler was starving to death when the mother went into labor, so I made my oldest child age into a teenager (he was a day away) so he could take care of the toddler.

If you don't like the idea of having so many generations, then here is another idea for you:
Go down the alphabet (like in the A-Z children challenge) beginning with A for your first child. You may end with J (the tenth letter of the alphabet) for the first generation, or you may continue on to M (the thirteenth letter). If you end with J, you will need a third generation. If you end with M, the challenge ends with the second generation.

None of the heartbreakers may ever get married, move anyone in, or ever get a job. If you're flat broke, feel free to use the money cheats. Don't be afraid to make life easy for your family, because the mothers will have a hard enough time as it is. Do not move anyone out of the house until they are young adults. Once they reach the young adult stage, you must move them out within one day.

Scoring:
+5 for every boyfriend
+5 for every boy born
+10 if there's only one girl born
+5 if you get to choose one infant trait
+10 if you get to choose two infant traits
+20 for every ex that is now a friend
+5 for toddler learning to walk
+5 for toddler learning to talk
+5 for toddler being potty trained
+5 for every sim that ages well
+5 for every teenager that has a part time job
+20 for a maxed skill
+50 for every LTW that is accomplished before a teenager grows up

Have fun!

If there is anything I've forgotten, please let me know
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 12:08 AM
This looks interesting. Well thought out and difficulty are great atributes. Wish I could do this, but I cant play sims unless im with my dad (not often)
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 5:03 PM
This seems like a great idea for a challenge. I just don't understand the bit about naming the children.

AmyJS
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyJS
This seems like a great idea for a challenge. I just don't understand the bit about naming the children.

AmyJS

The reason for naming the children is simply to lengthen the challenge. Also, it let's us see how creative people can get when they need to come up with names for uncommon letters, or ten names for the same letter

It's not necessary, it's just fun
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:34 AM
Just started this challenge myself! I'm naming the children after spices, and the mother's name is Anise Spice. Her first son is Almond! :3

no i don't wish it was the fucking sixties. levis jeans wish it was the sixties. i certainly fucking don't.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 6:19 PM Last edited by picass0blue : 5th Mar 2010 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Didn't want to double-post.
I'm going to try and name all mine for unusual colours. The mother's name is going to be Xsara Picasso like the car. I sure hope I'll get a bit more imaginative...

edit: 05/03
So far she's had a first boy (Aeneous) with Xander Clavell, and twin boys (Albicant and Argent) with Beau Andrews. This is so fascinating, thanks for the challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 5:27 PM
I'm so glad you like it! I was worried it would be too boring =S Feel free to leave pictures!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:57 PM
I spent about three days straight on this. That first game I mentioned I had forgotten to save the twins before it crashed - so when I redid it I got triplets! The fertility treatment is pretty much a deathwish if you want to have enough space in your house for consecutive births without a wait. I wave my white flag the day before Xsara becomes elder, having just given birth to a final son.

I think the chart would explain better than me.

+5 for every boyfriend = 35.
+5 for every male baby = 30.
+10 for two traits at birth = 50.
+20 for an ex remaining friends = 140 (if you count that they were a friend when they became elder and popped their clogs also).
+5 for toddler walking = 35.
+5 for toddler talking = 35.
+5 for toddler potty trained = 30.
+5 for teen job = 15.

I'll just leave out the nonapplicable/ ones I can't do from memory.

Total = 380.

Considering the patent rule-bending involved I'm going to lower my score.

-100 for letting a child die in the swimming pool.
+50 for gaining the right to have him controllable as a ghost due to natural story progression, and continuing to age him.
-100 for not having the ten babies with ten different partners (i.e. the point).
-100 for serial use of motive-dragging when dealing with triplets and a single mother.
-40 for aging teens just to make room in the house for more siblings.
-40 because the last child was NOT a girl, and I just could not bear to manipulate that legacy any more.

= 50. That is, if my maths is alright :/ Essentially I failed and am trying to make it all worthwhile and somewhat entertaining I hope...

I won't be going onto the next generation because epic legacy games are obviously beyond my ability But I wanted to post to say thank you for giving me something to actually concentrate on, it's been so long since I played a strategy game. Good luck to everyone else! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:50 PM
lol! I love your little family, and the rule adjustments you did. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:18 PM
I like it. I was actually thinking of something a little similar to this, as in using letters in a baby challenge insteed of numbers because I'm not very good at maths.
Space Pony
#11 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:03 AM
I've started working on this challenge, though I got a mod that let me start her as a teen. But she will not be having any romantic relations until she becomes a young adult. Just trying to figure out the math of how I'd get 10 kids in one house within her ya/a years.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 9:00 PM
I've looked over numerous challenges, but none of them have applied to me besides this one. Thanks so much for posting it and I look forward to trying it! And yes, I know this thread is most likely dead now, but oh well!
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:35 PM
Nice challenge! I'm going to try it!
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:23 PM
Has this really been inactive since 2010 or is it my eyes playing tricks on me?

It looks fun though so I'm gunna have a bash regardless!
Scholar
#15 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyez
Has this really been inactive since 2010 or is it my eyes playing tricks on me?

It looks fun though so I'm gunna have a bash regardless!

Yep. 49 months till I posted.
Instructor
#16 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:52 PM
Going to try
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:33 AM
I like the look of this one, suits my game style
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:31 AM
Got bored with just playing normally, this was the first challenge I saw and it is perfect!

I'm giving it a go right now! ^-^