Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 16th May 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:46 AM by Christy1077

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:39 PM
This will be quite interesting. Great Job, I am going to try it out now :clap:

Thanx
TickleYu (Teresa)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:41 PM
This is an awesome idea! It's so annoying to build up relationships to the point of BEING IN LOVE before the sims will finally woo-hoo. Hasn't Maxis ever heard of the one-night stand? Yeesh.

The only thing is that I have University, so I'm a little hesitant to install this hack since you don't have it. I'll check back to see if any Uni. players have problems.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:44 PM
Where can I find the teen woo hoo?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mousiejean

Welcome back LizzLove!

Mousiejean - Please take the time to search the forums. There is a search link in the top-right on every single screen. Welcome to MTS2.

DDO
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zimuahaha
This is an awesome idea! It's so annoying to build up relationships to the point of BEING IN LOVE before the sims will finally woo-hoo. Hasn't Maxis ever heard of the one-night stand? Yeesh.

The only thing is that I have University, so I'm a little hesitant to install this hack since you don't have it. I'll check back to see if any Uni. players have problems.

That was the idea behind the hack. I have couple of familys whose goal is to sleep with every other sim and npc in the neighborhood. Problem was having the time to have that many people fall in love. This little hack should solve that. And I guess maxis is a bit too PG, to include one-night stands. The really funny thing is after they woohoo. They get out of bed and won't even kiss. hehe.

A good thing about this hack is that you can no choose when two sims "hook up". You can have them fall in love, just have a crush, be friends, or barely know each other first. This should also help some of those that like to make movies and build complex story lines.

One nice thing is that if you do all the cuddling, kissing, making out, and woohoo, the two sims really do start to like each other rather quickly. As tends to happen in real life, if the sex is good, the relationship tends to grow regardless.

A brief tech note: This hack is rather like my others. Instead of complex modifications I mostly just short-circuit the code. When the code checks to see if they are in love, it still checks, but flows the same way as if they are in love regardless.

As far as University goes there should not be a problem. My No-shoo hack seems to work with it just fine, and that ones uses some bed globals as well. Since this is not a new object, and replaces no GUIDs, there should not be any conflicts unless Uni has different bed globals concerning cuddling, kissing, making out, and Woohoo. Those are the only globals I changed, and it was only a dozen or so total.

BTW, next up is a mod to make all the relax bed behaviours have a High fun factor, and be autonomous. I did this back in Sims 1, and the results were VERY interesting.

LizzLove.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:20 AM
this is great for my romance sims. i have uni so i will test now.
Instructor
#8 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:32 AM
so they could hate them... but still who hooing:P
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:34 AM
I tested in University and nothing is wrong. I love your hacks...they always make things so interesting...!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
That was the idea behind the hack. I have couple of familys whose goal is to sleep with every other sim and npc in the neighborhood. Problem was having the time to have that many people fall in love. This little hack should solve that. And I guess maxis is a bit too PG, to include one-night stands. The really funny thing is after they woohoo. They get out of bed and won't even kiss. hehe.

A good thing about this hack is that you can no choose when two sims "hook up". You can have them fall in love, just have a crush, be friends, or barely know each other first. This should also help some of those that like to make movies and build complex story lines.

One nice thing is that if you do all the cuddling, kissing, making out, and woohoo, the two sims really do start to like each other rather quickly. As tends to happen in real life, if the sex is good, the relationship tends to grow regardless.

A brief tech note: This hack is rather like my others. Instead of complex modifications I mostly just short-circuit the code. When the code checks to see if they are in love, it still checks, but flows the same way as if they are in love regardless.

As far as University goes there should not be a problem. My No-shoo hack seems to work with it just fine, and that ones uses some bed globals as well. Since this is not a new object, and replaces no GUIDs, there should not be any conflicts unless Uni has different bed globals concerning cuddling, kissing, making out, and Woohoo. Those are the only globals I changed, and it was only a dozen or so total.

BTW, next up is a mod to make all the relax bed behaviours have a High fun factor, and be autonomous. I did this back in Sims 1, and the results were VERY interesting.

LizzLove.

Soooo awesome. I can't wait for your next hack, those behaviors SHOULD increase fun...they do in real life, anyway. Eh...usually.

And can they woohoo even if they hate eachother?
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mousiejean

Here is one of them, they have the major search diabled, I will look for and and post it later. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56865
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:28 AM
Soooo awesome. I can't wait for your next hack, those behaviors SHOULD increase fun...they do in real life, anyway. Eh...usually.

And can they woohoo even if they hate eachother?

Well if they are both doing things right it should be fun

Not sure how deep the hate can be. I tested it with a couple of sims that had -50/-25, and they had no problem. They even liked each a little better afterwards. hehe

Most of my sims rather like each other. I will try to get a couple to really hate each other and see if it still works. It should with the way I did things.

Getting the fun factor up is going to be a bit harder. To do it right I may need to clone a bed and mod a lot of behaviours. Right now I am trying to just mod the minimum on one of the expensive beds and see if I can get to work without cloning. Cloned objects can cause many problems I really do try to avoid. Regardless the "fun bed" hack will be to just one or two beds. Otherwise things will get way out of control real quickly, as I found out when I did the same thing in Sims 1. No one wanted to anything else. I even had one die of hunger cause he would not stop long enough to eat. :omg:

Have fun,
LizzLove.
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:29 AM
This will be great for those Romance Sims! Now I'll actually play them! :clap:

Just curious, as it's not mentioned, I wondered if this allows for the "try for baby" option? If not currently, will it?

Thanks again for the great hack! :jig:
~K.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:30 AM
Sounds crazy, I'll try it!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:51 AM
Lizzlove you are awsome!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th May 2005 at 1:58 AM
Well, I tried it, and it works famously! I have University, so all is well with this hack with the EP thus far. This is so great, I have a guy who's already slept with 10 people in less than 1 hour RL time. I just have him stand outside his house to greet people, and then it's off to bed with them. HAHAH, awesome, I love this hack.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:08 AM
This will be quite interesting. Great Job, I am going to try it out now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peregrin83
This will be great for those Romance Sims! Now I'll actually play them! :clap:

I have mostly romance sims, and some of their needs have gotten out of hand. One of the main reasons for this mod. :hehe:

Just curious, as it's not mentioned, I wondered if this allows for the "try for baby" option? If not currently, will it?

I did not mess with the "Try for Baby" code, so that will not be affected. I thought about it, but decided to limit the scope of the mod to keep the bugs down. Besides people should be in love if they are going to have a baby.

Thanks again for the great hack! :jig:
~K.

I am glad you like it. My mods are a bit different from most others. I like moding the way sims react to each other, and kinda change the rules a bit.
BTW, if you run the no-jealousy-at-all, bed-no-shoo2, and this mod, you can end up with quite a wild and risque household. :lovestruc
Instructor
#19 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:31 AM
works good in my game and I have the EP.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:31 AM
This is like Twojeff's Friendly woohoo mod, but with more options. Great job to you too.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:36 AM
good job. will make those romance sims easier to play.

Admit nothing, Deny everything and demand proof!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:41 AM
It's great, thank you so much! I have been hoping for something like this!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:41 AM
can they still have a baby etc together?
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th May 2005 at 5:05 AM

now thats funny.The game is for teens.lol :Pimp:
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th May 2005 at 5:40 AM
i think they should be able to havea baby even though they dont love each other...that happens in real life
Page 1 of 13