Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:57 AM
Default Group Size for Outings
I recently decided to play with a large number of Sims in my family. Unfortunately, with the limit on group size set to 8, I can't have my family and any significant number of friends in the same group, which effectively makes the outings useless to me. I have seen other people request things, and I added the following to the cheats file:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 50
uintProp maxTotalSims 55
uintProp maxTotalHumans 40
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

That let me have obscenely large parties, but the group size is still maxed out at 8.

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:36 AM
If you teleport them over and ask them to join the group (this mod makes it easier!) there's pretty much no limit.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If you teleport them over and ask them to join the group (this mod makes it easier!) there's pretty much no limit.

That certainly helps. I can now have a larger outing with friends and household members.

But I would still like to be able to invite them all with the phone and not have to worry about the logistics every time.
Alchemist
#4 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 8:16 PM
not entirely sure, but I think all characters of a sim's group remain in the group once added.

maxnumofvisitingsims; that cheat I think applies to party section of phone's pie menu.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:41 PM
This just made me realize that surprisingly, there's no mod made to increase outing sizes! BoilingOil was asked to look into this back in 2014 on leefish, but I don't think anything ever came out of that. Shame, as I'd really appreciate this mod as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
not entirely sure, but I think all characters of a sim's group remain in the group once added.

maxnumofvisitingsims; that cheat I think applies to party section of phone's pie menu.

Casual groups aren't parties. I think groups were added in night life and act differently. For example, you can meet in a community lot.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 7:02 PM
If you have more than one sim in the household, they can each have their own group of 8 to invite to an outing. I sometimes do that for community lot weddings. Send the sims to the lot, have them both call their groups to invite for an outing, and they all show up en masse.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

I misread your post (I normally do game forums when I'm groggy in the mornings)

The Sims in the household are not part of the outing if they show up. They have to be added.

I was just saying what I was currently using. Though changing it did allow me more than 2 people per group because the computer didn't recognize my 2016 gaming computer could play the sims 2 properly.