Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fe2o3
I'm not assuming anything, I'm making a list following the criterias in the first post, and hiding needs isn't one of those criterias yet (maybe that'll change idk), and I'm explaining why. I'm happy discussing mods and stuff but if you aren't happy with that, well that's too bad, you can make your own list/discussion really.

I never mentioned anything about hiding needs or ever said anything about being unhappy discussing mods. All I said was your statement about 99% about sims 2 players does not apply here.

I think it's time this thread got back onto topic.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:36 AM
lol! Who cares?? It's an opinion, nothing more. If fe2o3 had said something like..* Deleting characters is no dig deal, I've done it many times and never once had problems..* Then OK, now it is time to jump in and tell fe2o3 that he is highly mistaken.
He thinks 99.9% of sims players who hang out on MTS forums plays the game as it was meant to be played..and? You should all be aware by now, that arguing with a simmer's opinion never leads to a pleasant discussion. EA made their game as is. You go along with it, or you download mods that will change what EA implemented. Period.
That list was for personal use, and he clearly said so, he even repeated it. Trying to get ideas about mods that he would want in his own game. He already found a few, but needed other simmer's knowledge to fill up the gaps. Gaps got filled. Not everyone want the same thing, so some have been dismissed. I don't see it as being a big deal.
If I start a thread asking about community lots idea..will you call me dismissive when someone will come up with a brothel idea? I might just not want that kind of shet in my game. Thanks, but no thanks.
Nothing more here.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:53 AM
...Anyway, I got some of the mods here and I'm going to do a homeless challenge with it. Ought to be interesting without the death from starvation protection lmao. Thanks a ton for linking mods that make the game harder, guys!

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Steffyn
...Anyway, I got some of the mods here and I'm going to do a homeless challenge with it. Ought to be interesting without the death from starvation protection lmao. Thanks a ton for linking mods that make the game harder, guys!

I recently started one, though not really following any rules. I think you might like this post (and some of the responses):
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...247#post5264247

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Last two sims I made were so bad at fishing they had to eat boot the first two days just to survive.

Can sims really eat boots that they get from fishing????

This thread has been interesting; I've got lots of new mods to bookmark! I've been meaning to grab the no-free-food from brand-spanking-new fridge mod for ages. It really is too easy to be cheaty and just buy a new fridge when they run out of food.

My simblrIcon credit
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:39 PM
You can put the boot in a juicer and drink "Pureed Boot." It makes them freak out and do random animations. It's pretty great.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Steffyn

@Steffyn
For a homeless challenge you might also want
Sponge bath anywhere -which I thought was by Squinge but I can't find it. I can upload that if someone doesn't have a link.
The Homeless career by Calista -although this is extreamly difficult and only for seasoned players. I was a tester on this and have it on my Box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:43 PM Last edited by fe2o3 : 18th Sep 2017 at 11:59 PM.
For the ppl using the 'Slower skill gains mod' @ http://www.omniloth.net/sims/ts2_hacks.htm, which version do you use? there are 6 different hacks, but the description for each one of them is bit vague. is there one that simply doubles skills gain times for all levels equally?

Edit; K I ddl them all, the better ones are 1 (exponential increase kinda, levels 9 and 10 are very hard), 3 (same as 1 but easier), 5 (the most constant of the bunch, roughly 100-150% across the board, harder than 1 and 3 for earlier levels, easier for latter levels).
Scholar
#59 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:17 AM
I have harder mods for my medieval hood.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:44 AM Last edited by fe2o3 : 19th Sep 2017 at 5:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I have harder mods for my medieval hood.

Full medieval houses, furnitures and stuff? That's funny.

Quote: Originally posted by simmodder
I did try changing this once, but then I decided the changes were not fun and took them out again. I could probably make + upload a mod that does this if there's a demand for it..

My reasoning for faster decaying needs is simply to encourage buying better furniture, that will in return fill up those needs bars faster (should be about the same as it is now once you get good furniture). Right now you can get away fairly easily with the cheapest stuff with the worst "need score" which is a bit dumb imo. My most recent sim literally drank juice 3 times a day from the cheapest fridge, no cooking or anything, and that was it. Sily hah.

If you find the time that would be awesome for sure, tho it's possible someone already made something similar, just haven't found it yet hah.

Edit: more questions for you.

1. Can you confirm you don't see any conflict between your mods and what is already on the list? ex: harder relationship & dating, cd_jobs & harder jobs (no promotion after university)

2. Do you know the difference between some of your mods and Ancient Highway mods that I believe are made after your mods? ex: cd_jobs vs ah_cd_jobs from http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8104.0 (ctrl+F cd_job) or cd_higher_bills vs ah_cd_higher_bills
Forum Resident
#61 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:38 PM
Did you mean only 3 cans of "instant meal" per day. It's a long time since I played that way, as I mainly play integrated hoods with shops, farmers and organic food. Now you got me wondering if such a set up would work for me. My sims could probably eat all that with a day at the store.... might just make that into a simsville challenge for my sims to join in with.
Alchemist
#62 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:57 PM
No, with Seasons you can make juice out of the produce you grow. And Seasons food tends to be more filling, too. I know BoilingOil modded food to be less filling, but no idea if anyone did the same for juice.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Did you mean only 3 cans of "instant meal" per day. It's a long time since I played that way, as I mainly play integrated hoods with shops, farmers and organic food. Now you got me wondering if such a set up would work for me. My sims could probably eat all that with a day at the store.... might just make that into a simsville challenge for my sims to join in with.

is this a question for me? juice (I believe is short for orange/apple/something juice) is a snack alongside chips and other stuff. it's like the most basic 'food' you can eat yes and in theory probably shouldn't be very nutritional since the quality of a meal is a product of using various furniture (refrigerator x kitchen stove x whatever other electronic with a hunger score x cooking skill). my sim was only drinking orange juice a couple times a day and was cool with that yes, and that isn't quite right imo.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:28 PM
Thanks @fe203 for your answer. Very interesting, as I said that's given me ideas for my own gameplay.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:44 PM
I'm surprised juice is that filling! Might have to try it in my own game... could be a pregnancy lifesaver! @fe2o3, was this when your sims were at home all day? They often fill up their hunger bar at work or school, so can get away with eating a lot less from the fridge on those days.

One potential mod I've not seen mentioned is something to get rid of the life insurance/inheritance payouts when a sim dies, which annoy me to no end. The game can't quite seem to decide what they are, for one - the popup on death calls them "life insurance", but they only seem to happen on old-age deaths, and what kind of weird life insurance policy works that way? Meanwhile the memories of the recipients say "inherited money from X", but if it's inheritance, how can a sim who died penniless suddenly leave behind tens of thousands of simoleons in their will? I usually nix the death payouts via the familyfunds cheat, so can't speak to the quality of any mods for removing them, but I did find a couple for anyone who'd like to try one: http://cyjon.net/node/127 or http://modthesims.info/d/288785
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:50 PM Last edited by simmodder : 20th Sep 2017 at 6:56 PM.

My reasoning for faster decaying needs is simply to encourage buying better furniture, that will in return fill up those needs bars faster (should be about the same as it is now once you get good furniture). Right now you can get away fairly easily with the cheapest stuff with the worst "need score" which is a bit dumb imo. My most recent sim literally drank juice 3 times a day from the cheapest fridge, no cooking or anything, and that was it. Sily hah.

If you find the time that would be awesome for sure, tho it's possible someone already made something similar, just haven't found it yet hah.

Ok I haven't found much to play let alone mod the sims recently but I'll get round to it sometime soon hopefully.

1. Can you confirm you don't see any conflict between your mods and what is already on the list? ex: harder relationship & dating, cd_jobs & harder jobs (no promotion after university)

I don't know off the top of my head, I don't use these mods or know how they work. You'd be better off putting all the mods you want to work together in one folder and running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility. If you get any conflicts with my mods I could look into them.

2. Do you know the difference between some of your mods and Ancient Highway mods that I believe are made after your mods? ex: cd_jobs vs ah_cd_jobs from http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8104.0 (ctrl+F cd_job) or cd_higher_bills vs ah_cd_higher_bills

ah_cd_jobs - I have no idea, but I'll take a look when I get a chance
ah_cd_higher_bills - I believe his version changed the bills students got at university. I no longer use this mod myself, I use Cyjon's bigger bills instead
ah_cd_business_levels is the other one, my business levels made levels 1-5 harder to achieve by requiring more customer loyalty stars, his version effects the higher levels as well.

Edit: In the short term, here's something I made earlier you might like to add to your collection, it makes the fun bar drop when sims are studying from the bookcase. It doesn't make sense to me that a sim can sit studying all day and not get bored, and changing this also adds to the challenge. The strength on the effect is based on enthusiasm, full details are in the zip file:

Simmodders Studying Is Not Fun
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
I'm surprised juice is that filling! Might have to try it in my own game... could be a pregnancy lifesaver! @fe2o3, was this when your sims were at home all day? They often fill up their hunger bar at work or school, so can get away with eating a lot less from the fridge on those days.

One potential mod I've not seen mentioned is something to get rid of the life insurance/inheritance payouts when a sim dies, which annoy me to no end. The game can't quite seem to decide what they are, for one - the popup on death calls them "life insurance", but they only seem to happen on old-age deaths, and what kind of weird life insurance policy works that way? Meanwhile the memories of the recipients say "inherited money from X", but if it's inheritance, how can a sim who died penniless suddenly leave behind tens of thousands of simoleons in their will? I usually nix the death payouts via the familyfunds cheat, so can't speak to the quality of any mods for removing them, but I did find a couple for anyone who'd like to try one: http://cyjon.net/node/127 or http://modthesims.info/d/288785

It's not so much that snacks are awesome meals, they aren't, but the opportunity cost (all the furniture + time) of cooking an actual better meal is usually not worth it, since eating 2 snacks give the same results without requiring anything else, aka why would I buy expensive furnitures, practice my cooking skills, and spend one hour cooking something good (and potentially fail and start a fire), when I can get away with 2 snacks in the same time window? Cooking meals is only worth it for group meals I think, since you cook for several people worth of time at once. Juice vs Chips, idk I think sims drink juice for a bit longer.

Haven't really had ppl die, or when they did they had no family and I stopped playing the household alltogether, that's why I haven't bothered adding this mod even tho one person mentioned it before, I don't really know what the inheritance does hah, but that sounds good, will add it anyway.

Which mod you are using yourself? Cyjon says his mod has a bug and links to something I can't read.

I don't know off the top of my head, I don't use these mods or know how they work. You'd be better off putting all the mods you want to work together in one folder and running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility. If you get any conflicts with my mods I could look into them.

ah_cd_jobs - I have no idea, but I'll take a look when I get a chance
ah_cd_higher_bills - I believe his version changed the bills students got at university. I no longer use this mod myself, I use Cyjon's bigger bills instead
ah_cd_business_levels is the other one, my business levels made levels 1-5 harder to achieve by requiring more customer loyalty stars, his version effects the higher levels as well.

Edit: In the short term, here's something I made earlier you might like to add to your collection, it makes the fun bar drop when sims are studying from the bookcase. It doesn't make sense to me that a sim can sit studying all day and not get bored, and changing this also adds to the challenge. The strength on the effect is based on enthusiasm, full details are in the zip file:

Simmodders Studying Is Not Fun

Gotcha, I noticed fun tanks quite a bit when doing homework, but I haven't done much reading besides that, my sims usually get busy doing other activities for skill points.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:44 PM
@Charity. Cyjon has a mod, perma fridge, I think - it fills the fridge during the night (but Sims still pay for the food).

Re the topic : No I don't want to make my Sims' lives harder.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 8:38 AM
It's not so much that snacks are awesome meals, they aren't, but the opportunity cost (all the furniture + time) of cooking an actual better meal is usually not worth it, since eating 2 snacks give the same results without requiring anything else, aka why would I buy expensive furnitures, practice my cooking skills, and spend one hour cooking something good (and potentially fail and start a fire), when I can get away with 2 snacks in the same time window?

To make meals for a group of sims, as you said, or to have a single sim make a group meal & store the leftovers (easy food on later days), or to fulfill related wants (e.g. "gain a cooking skill point", "learn to make [specific food]", "eat [specific food]"), or to practice to impress the headmaster & get your kids into private school, or to access cheesecake for a guaranteed twin pregnancy, or simply because you find that having them cook is more fun & realistic for you, or or or...

Lots of reasons, in other words. The game can be about more than just filling their needs in the most efficient manner possible!

Haven't really had ppl die, or when they did they had no family and I stopped playing the household alltogether, that's why I haven't bothered adding this mod even tho one person mentioned it before, I don't really know what the inheritance does hah, but that sounds good, will add it anyway.

Which mod you are using yourself? Cyjon says his mod has a bug and links to something I can't read.

Inheritance is when the friends & relatives of a newly-deceased sim get a (potentially very large) chunk of money for unclear reasons (as I said in my previous post, the game doesn't seem to know whether it's trying to be inheritance or life insurance, and the mechanics of the feature don't really work for either). If your sim has a spouse, kids, or other playables who are close friends, you should see it when they reach old-age death. I'm not using either mod, I just use the in-game familyfunds cheat to get rid of inheritance, but I linked those mods in case anyone else is interested Cyjon does indeed say his has a bug, but he explains very specifically what that bug is (prevents owned businesses being passed on on the owner's death), & players who never use businesses may not mind that.

As an aside - if your sims don't normally have family, and you're bored & looking for a way to ramp up the difficulty, I do recommend giving them babies. Multiple toddlers at a time can be especially tough. And then you don't have to stop playing a household when the original sim dies, you have the option of continuing with the next generation!
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 9:51 AM
As an aside - if your sims don't normally have family, and you're bored & looking for a way to ramp up the difficulty, I do recommend giving them babies. Multiple toddlers at a time can be especially tough. And then you don't have to stop playing a household when the original sim dies, you have the option of continuing with the next generation!

In many ways I think ACR could be considered a difficulty mod, especially in combination with the other mods listed here. Your sims may choose to have a baby, or choose to woohoo and then have one by accident. And then pregnant sims needs drop fast, and child rearing is hard especially if you get twins. There's certainly been a few families were I've intended to have them build up their skills/career and then start a family later, but I've left them alone for a bit and they've decided on their own to start a family instead. They've ended up poorer and the game has ended up more interesting and challenging as a result.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 10:50 AM
Ooh yes, definitely - I've had great fun with unplanned pregnancies from ACR, and it certainly adds a level of challenge! I'd suggest combining it with the triplets & quads mod for extra difficulty, but I've never quite dared to do that in my own game...
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:20 AM
Just sprinkle some zombie apocalypse juice in any game to spice up challenge levels of sims accomplishing anything.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:32 AM
Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but is there a mod that drains energy when you "walk to lot"? That would give taxi rides more sense to me.
Alchemist
#74 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 1:14 PM
I haven't seen a mod that drains energy when using the 'walk to' option, and, while it makes sense on paper, it might not be so good in game. The energy drop would have to be small, because sim needs aren't like ours. For us, tiredness and sleepiness are two different things. Sims however, only have the energy bar, and if you drain it to travel, once the sim arrives wherever he or she is going, the sim might be too tired to do whatever it is you sent them to the community lot to do in the first place. A slightly better option would be to affect comfort, but again, I would advise against that. When my sims go to a community lot, it's usually for a reason and I'd have to think it would get annoying, fast, if I had to wait for them to bring up their needs to do what I've sent them there for. Then again, everyone plays a different way, so maybe this would be good for some players.

And cakeninja, I use ACR, Triplets and Quads, and Inteen's Silent Pregnancy. So I don't know a sim is pregnant until they pop, unless they have a lot of morning sickness. Makes for a few fun surprises, especially when I play romance sims who've been sleeping around a lot. And Triplets and Quads definitely adds challenge--I always get multiples when I least expect it and when it's super inconvenient.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 2:43 PM
Lots of reasons, in other words. The game can be about more than just filling their needs in the most efficient manner possible!

Of course, but I would rather have gameplay incentives otherwise I'll simply pick the better option 8 times out of 10 when I'm in a hurry or busy doing other stuff with my sim. If I wanted to play some dress-up doll simulation instead of a game, I probably wouldn't be playing the sims at all, especially not the sims 2.

Gotcha. I dislike babies in real life, I dislike them in the game too haha, toddlers and teenagers are less interesting to play too, since they are adult sims with less options and less stuff to do, I would rather play one or several adult sims and get the complete experience. That doesn't mean I never play a toddler or a teenager, just not 5 of them at once I guess. My last sim has 3 cats and 1 dog tho, so there is that. Yeah, I simply don't really see the appeal of playing sim generation 5 instead of sim generation 0, there is no gameplay difference between the 2, your game is going to be identical either way, besides sim generation 5 probably has a lot more everything and thus even less to do with his life hah.

In many ways I think ACR could be considered a difficulty mod, especially in combination with the other mods listed here. Your sims may choose to have a baby, or choose to woohoo and then have one by accident. And then pregnant sims needs drop fast, and child rearing is hard especially if you get twins. There's certainly been a few families were I've intended to have them build up their skills/career and then start a family later, but I've left them alone for a bit and they've decided on their own to start a family instead. They've ended up poorer and the game has ended up more interesting and challenging as a result.

Is there an abortion mod too tho? If there is an option to have unwanted pregnancies and babies, there should probably also be an option to get rid of them hah. Tho, I guess it's nice if you are playing a medieval age household like the other post said, the poor guys didn't have the technology back then either hah. Very in-character.
Page 3 of 5