Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2023 at 12:57 AM
Default Nraas Go Here
I found some old posts but nothing current about this. I have about 5-6 worlds in progress and all are groups of islands. Some have bridges for all, and some have bridges only to some of them.

I am testing one with my legacy family which I have not played in ages, so fun. Problem is they have 4 darn nice cars and to go somewhere then walk to the water and take a water taxi, even though this world has bridge access to all islands. 60 grand/whatever LaMatea in the driveway and they take the water taxi!

If I use the mod Go Here and set to disable water taxis does that mean that only my playable Sims will choose to not use them, or does it shut them off for everyone? Non played Sims in worlds? NPCs? Everyone? I would not like that as other Sims need to be able to get to islands with no bridges.

Has anyone used this in a world with islands lately and how has it worked or not worked for you?

@Igazor

and everyone.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th May 2023 at 2:25 AM
I once shut off the boat routing with gohere and everyone swam everywhere it was pretty hilarious. So I read somewhere while I was creating a world that they will take the fastest way to get somewhere. I'm currently working on a world where I set it all non-routable and I'm only adding routing as I test it so that I can make it work the way I want.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2023 at 4:33 AM
My things are quite chaotic. My sim just went to get a tattoo and she took their sailboat to get there, then drove home. ??? And she was going to go to one island with no bridge to, and started taking the sailboat, even though they have a speedboat.
Inventor
#4 Old 28th May 2023 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
My things are quite chaotic. My sim just went to get a tattoo and she took their sailboat to get there, then drove home. ??? And she was going to go to one island with no bridge to, and started taking the sailboat, even though they have a speedboat.

I usually put a preferred boat to each member of the family or I give them each a wave runner/boat in their own inventory. It's funny the way they route.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2023 at 10:11 PM
If they take a boat to the one island and their own, that is fine and makes sense. And I can pick to take the speedboat. But so far the routing is not making sense to take one method to somewhere and another back. I will play more and see what happens? I suppose I could put their boats in the family inventory other than want them to use them, but they do look nice at the property.
Inventor
#6 Old 28th May 2023 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
If they take a boat to the one island and their own, that is fine and makes sense. And I can pick to take the speedboat. But so far the routing is not making sense to take one method to somewhere and another back. I will play more and see what happens? I suppose I could put their boats in the family inventory other than want them to use them, but they do look nice at the property.

Right the routing is strange.