Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 7:33 PM
Default Will this computer work for Sims?
Hi there,
I've been feeling very nostalgic and really want to play Sims but my laptop is really old and can't play it. I would like to buy a desktop just to play it. I found one on Craigslist for $45 http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/5908908166.html
Do you think this would work? I know nothing about computers btw.
And its Sims 1 that I would like to play since those are the games I have
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 11:55 PM
I'm new to this site, was this a dumb question? I used to play this game when I was like 11 (I'm 25 now), I just want to go back to simpler times lol
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 7:16 PM
Well, there's no real way to know with that listing because the seller hasn't provided any of the computer's specifications. That said, pretty much anything that's less than about 15 years old should be fine for TS1 at this point: the only real concern is OS compatibility. It looks like they're running Windows 7 which should be fine as far as I know; people have had lots of problems playing TS1 on Windows 10, and I don't know if those problems have been fixable so far.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.