Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:10 AM
Default Glamour life question?
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know what is going on with the Glamour Life pack? I'm still playing with all of my glamour life stuff gone. Still installed, but Pets pretty much "disappeared" all GL objects, hair, clothing, etc. I know there hasn't been a patch for Pets, but does anyone know if there is an independent hack that has been made to fix this problem? I've been searching for a thread on the subject and haven't seen it.

-M
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:20 AM
have you tried removing your downloads folder and seeing if that helps? I have all the packs and have not had any problems with Glamour items.
#3 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:28 AM
Hmmm, I had GL and installed Pets afterwards - and everything was fine. I'd suggest moving your download folder(s) temporarily and try running Sims 2 again, then you'll know if it's some sort of problem relating to that.

I know it's the annoying question that everyone immediately asks if there's a game problem... any chance there's a hack causing the problem in the first place? If you haven't already got it, run the "CleanInstaller" and it'll tell you which ones you have knowingly/unknowingly installed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 4:18 PM
Default Glamour Life question
I don't think it's that, because I installed clean. When it first came out I remember a flurry of questions like this on various site, but no answers to them. Hmm...I'll probably try the download thing anyway, just because well, maybe a bit of a reboot could reset something.

-m
#5 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 10:51 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Chaotess, I have the same issue. Since installing Pets I have no GL objects in my buy catalogue. The files are still where they all should be, and Maxis' content tool (and SimPE) still show them...

Also, and perhaps unrelated, my Family Fun stuff is gone as well, but in that case the TSDATA folders are all gone off my C:/ drive... Odd stuff.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 2:27 PM
There is a bug with FFS where the clothes disappeared- for that you need to reinstall FFS, then patch the game. For the Glamour issue- the solution I've seen to work is to uninstall Pets and GLS, then reinstall both. Also, test the game with a clean Sims2 folder in case it is a config/ cache issue. Some people have had to completely reinstall the entire game with this- I haven't managed to figure out exactly what causes it, but I would guess some kind of file corruption/ overwriting.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 12:21 PM
I had some GL stuff "disapper" after installing pets. I deleted the accessory.cache and groups.cache out of the downloads/sims2 folder.
Worked like a charm.
Dont be concerned that you will mess up your game. Sims 2 will simply rewrite the folders.