Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:57 PM
Default Texture showing up where it's not supposed to be - what am I doing wrong?
I'm trying to separate the top part of the Wide Pants outfit (city living). I removed the bottom part, added male legs fill up the deleted parts. It all looked great in blender, but once I import the mesh into S4S I notice that the texture is on the sim's underwear. I double checked to see if I deleted all parts of the original mesh in that area, but it's all gone. I tried deleting the legs, but it's still there in S4S. I tried editing the texture a bit more hoping the problem was that simple, but no, if I take away too much the texture disappears from the clothing too, if I don't, it stays where it doesn't belong. What exactly am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure if screenshots would help much, but I'll post them anyways. If anyone would have the time and patience to take a look at the mesh to tell me what I'm messing up, I'd be glad to share the files.

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 5:35 PM
If you're converting a full body outfit to a top the legs mesh should not be added, you should have only the jacket part.

It looks like uv mapping - the bottom of the jacket may be mapped onto the area used by the underwear and will have to be moved. If you'll upload your package I'll take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If you're converting a full body outfit to a top the legs mesh should not be added, you should have only the jacket part.

It looks like uv mapping - the bottom of the jacket may be mapped onto the area used by the underwear and will have to be moved. If you'll upload your package I'll take a look.

I see. I thought leaving the legs part blank would be a mistake, but I guess I misunderstood.
Thank you for letting me know and taking a look! The mesh still has the legs here, as I haven't removed them.
The download link is here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:34 PM
In the mesh in your package the legs are gone but the sides and back of the hips are still there. That part isn't needed but it's hidden and I don't think it's doing any harm. For a top, if the body of the sim is supposed to show the body part of the mesh should go to the waist seam but anything lower isn't needed and may cause problems. The clothing part of the mesh in a jacket or untucked top like a sweater can go lower as it covers the hips, etc. It's all one mesh but think of the body part of it as anywhere the texture is transparent and the skin will show.

Here's a pic of the uv0 map of your mesh on the standard TS4 uv template. As you can see, the bottom of the jacket is mapped on the blue area that's reserved for bottoms, which means the texture will show on the hips, legs, etc. of whatever bottom is being used. This doesn't matter in a full body outfit but it does in a top which has to not conflict with bottoms.

To fix it, you can scale the uv map of the jacket (jacket part only, not the arms) shorter so it fits inside the top area and scale the texture to match. You could also move the uv0 of the bottom of the jacket to the section of the top area that's on the side but you'd have to scale it smaller and it might be tricky to get the texture to match up without a seam.

I've attached the full uv0 template, just rotate it to the correct orientation. Hope this helps!
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM

Thank you so so much for taking the time to look at it and explain it to me!
I'm new to editing meshes (who would've guessed?) so this helped me a lot.

Thank you very much once again, and I hope you have a great day/night! ^^