Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16651 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:01 AM
Thanks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#16652 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Is there a way to delay ACR's timers when they reach zero? It's often at the worst possible times and when canceled from queue just come up again a minute or two later.

There is the the Church lot setting, which slows timer decay (though doesn't stop it). The only other way I can think of is to change their autonomy to disallow woohoo until you're done with whatever it is you don't want interrupted. Sometimes, if I know I have something coming up (such as a headmaster visit), I'll send them to have woohoo early to reset their timer to the max.
Alchemist
#16653 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 8:26 PM
can transferring a lot between sub-neighborhood and main neighborhood (or between different sub-neighborhoods of a whole neighborhood) be done out of game?
Mad Poster
#16654 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 8:43 PM
No. I've searched for a way myself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#16655 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 20th Dec 2018 at 1:59 AM.
For those who rename their files when they organize their downloads, what do you do for creators with multiple names/different names on different sites? Like for example Rented Space is also SerenityFalls, whose file names actually are labeled Mel. My inclination is to put all the names on there, just cuz I never know or remember who is who, but I'm thinking that may be too long.

Previously I had been going by the site I got it from, so to use the above example, if I'm downloading from tumblr, I stick Rented Space on there and if it's a GoS theme event, I put SerenityFalls. I definitely don't think I should use the creator's name (in this case, Mel) because I've had to redownload/research things before and then I'm all like, who the hell is Mel and where did I get this? A part of me wants to put all the creator's stuff together/label it the same way, because otherwise I run into situations like earlier this week when I learned after years that kestrellyn is also rufio and faiuwle! But I'm worried that after changing the file names, I won't be able to find the original download if and when I need it.

Silly I know, but any thoughts/suggestions?

ETA: Idk if it'll help to explain, but I'm trying to organize my hair downloads right now. I'm consolidating folders, putting all the recolors with the original mesh, naming the type of swatch/textured used, and who did the recolors I'm using. I've got some original meshes, like ones from coolsims with another name (anto), then a mesh number and a name. So I put all that, plus the age range, the type of texture, and the creators who did the recolors/conversion and the poly count estimate. It's a lot. I've got one hair I'm consolidating right now, Alesso Anto Omen, and the pooklet files say Alesso Anto Omen and the maxis match files say coolsims Omen and then the folder says Rented Space, who I think edited the mesh! So Idk what to name the folder, let alone the mesh...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16656 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 3:22 AM
I've had that same problem with files named Mel, when I deleted my DL folder and had to refind files.

But usually, my files have a trial period before proper filing and after that I know I'm keeping them, so I don't care who made them. XD
Alchemist
#16657 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 3:54 AM
Can anyone tell me whether this error indicates a real problem...?

I am building a custom vacation hood, and I have a dummy hood copy so I can test each lot. When my test-sims visit the campgrounds, they are still getting out of the taxi when the game suggests that their vacation is over and the shuttle has been ordered. By waiting a while, they can eventually click on a tent to check in, whereupon the shuttle stays away until they are ready to check out.

The problem is that every few moments, the game throws me another popup saying (approx.) "We're have some issues checking you out. Please try checking yourself out." Despite the fact that they are checked in the whole time. Popups gradually fill the side of my screen, until they check out again.The lot seems to work fine otherwise.

I am wondering whether this is something to do with the fact that it is a campground (not seeing the same problem on a proper hotel lot), or with the lot being in a normal hood instead of a vacation hood. Does anybody know? I have not found anything searching for the popup message or other BV glitches. Possibly my google-fu is failing me, but I don't want the whole project ruined by whatever this is.
Mad Poster
#16658 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 6:51 AM
I'd suspect that it's getting confused if the hood isn't actually a vacation hood. Tents can be used in normal hoods too. Have you tried it in a vacation hood?
Alchemist
#16659 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'd suspect that it's getting confused if the hood isn't actually a vacation hood. Tents can be used in normal hoods too. Have you tried it in a vacation hood?

No, because I am running an extremely minimal AnyGame to build in, and can't open my full game while the AGS is installed - it breaks stuff. It's something of a speed marathon - can't go back to my actual game until this subhood is done, so trying to get it done before I forget what I was doing with my 'real' sims.

I am certainly hoping it is just the game being confused. I suppose there's nothing stopping me adding a vacation spot to the test hood, and putting the campground in to check. Just adds to the marathon a little. I will give it a go.
Top Secret Researcher
#16660 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
For those who rename their files when they organize their downloads, what do you do for creators with multiple names/different names on different sites? Like for example Rented Space is also SerenityFalls, whose file names actually are labeled Mel. My inclination is to put all the names on there, just cuz I never know or remember who is who, but I'm thinking that may be too long.

Previously I had been going by the site I got it from, so to use the above example, if I'm downloading from tumblr, I stick Rented Space on there and if it's a GoS theme event, I put SerenityFalls. I definitely don't think I should use the creator's name (in this case, Mel) because I've had to redownload/research things before and then I'm all like, who the hell is Mel and where did I get this? A part of me wants to put all the creator's stuff together/label it the same way, because otherwise I run into situations like earlier this week when I learned after years that kestrellyn is also rufio and faiuwle! But I'm worried that after changing the file names, I won't be able to find the original download if and when I need it.

Silly I know, but any thoughts/suggestions?

ETA: Idk if it'll help to explain, but I'm trying to organize my hair downloads right now. I'm consolidating folders, putting all the recolors with the original mesh, naming the type of swatch/textured used, and who did the recolors I'm using. I've got some original meshes, like ones from coolsims with another name (anto), then a mesh number and a name. So I put all that, plus the age range, the type of texture, and the creators who did the recolors/conversion and the poly count estimate. It's a lot. I've got one hair I'm consolidating right now, Alesso Anto Omen, and the pooklet files say Alesso Anto Omen and the maxis match files say coolsims Omen and then the folder says Rented Space, who I think edited the mesh! So Idk what to name the folder, let alone the mesh...

I organize by type of content it is so I have my various object mods in one folder and my various other mods in another folder and walls in walls and floors in floors, hairs in hair etc. Within each folder type I organize by creator and I like to put the site that I got the content from in the name for the folder that it contains the content.

In the case of hair I usually don't rename the file, however I would name the hair mesh something descriptive and use the creator in the name and if someone edited the mesh the editor of it in the name. Name the folder according to the creator of the texture and include the site in the name.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Link Ninja
#16661 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 4:45 PM
I try to abbreviate so in your example I would name my files AntoOmenRecRS_colorname.package . If I don't use underscores then I String words together and capitalize the first of each one for clarity. I don't worry about age range and I usually stick to Pookleted hairs so those aren't in my file names. In windows 7 (maybe 10, not sure) there is an option when you click on a file to add a 'tag' in windows explorer so you could put supplemental info there like poly count.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#16662 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 5:44 PM
Sorry for asking but does anyone know the tumblr "Crisps&Kerosene" (http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com) ? I was browsing the archive of the tumblr the other day and found some sort of Art Deco mailbox (see: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...-mailbox-u-fine ) and as I want to try a Art Deco build I was wondering if this is some sort of download and if where can I get it? And is it a replacement or just deco? The tumblr page (last link) does not give mush info about it.

(Please quote me so I find the way back )
Alchemist
#16663 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
(...)they can eventually click on a tent to check in, whereupon the shuttle stays away until they are ready to check out.

The problem is that every few moments, the game throws me another popup saying (approx.) "We're have some issues checking you out. Please try checking yourself out." Despite the fact that they are checked in the whole time. Popups gradually fill the side of my screen, until they check out again.The lot seems to work fine otherwise.

Just FYI, I found that the campground works perfectly in an actual vacation hood, so should be fine for my project. Having to create the proper hood also allowed me to make sure my secret Bigfoot lot works. Yay!
Alchemist
#16664 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I want to try a Art Deco build I was wondering if this is some sort of download and if where can I get it? And is it a replacement or just deco?

Not sure if this was too wcif-y of a question but... did a bit of digging; turns out the download is here: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...ts-mostly-build

No idea if it's functional, though, as the download page doesn't say. I do know that C&K usually makes an object functional if possible, so there's that.

ETA: Totally forgot to thank you, Charmful! I have windows 7, so yeah, I can use tags! I can put the bajillion extra names and info there and keep the file name short! Great idea.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16665 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:50 AM
Did anyone ever make any fixes for the AL toy dog pen?

(It's Rich Mann's fault, I promise!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#16666 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 21st Dec 2018 at 4:02 AM.
Here on MTS, there used to be a recolour that made the pen part of it invisible so that it looked a little less sad. Unfortunately, the file was lost in the server crash and eventually was hidden altogether. (It still comes up if you search 'dog pen,' though.)

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#16667 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Not sure if this was too wcif-y of a question but... did a bit of digging; turns out the download is here: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...ts-mostly-build

No idea if it's functional, though, as the download page doesn't say. I do know that C&K usually makes an object functional if possible, so there's that.

Thank you. I will check it out!
Top Secret Researcher
#16668 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:47 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Dec 2018 at 5:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Sorry for asking but does anyone know the tumblr "Crisps&Kerosene" (http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com) ? I was browsing the archive of the tumblr the other day and found some sort of Art Deco mailbox (see: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...-mailbox-u-fine ) and as I want to try a Art Deco build I was wondering if this is some sort of download and if where can I get it? And is it a replacement or just deco? The tumblr page (last link) does not give mush info about it.

(Please quote me so I find the way back )

@Mrmo
I don't know anything about the Art Deco Mailbox, however I have downloaded something of theirs before, the TeethCleaningChewbone and it is very nice and works great. So I would expect that their Art Deco Mailbox would be well done. I would download it and check it out in a test hood.

Edit @Phantomknight Yeah Not knowing if Windows [whatever version} had the feature like Mac's have that allows one to have text in a field that you all call "tags"... on Macs this is called comments. basically the same thing I gather... is why I didn't mention doing that...well now that I know I will try to keep it in mind. Nice to know that you can do that, it gives you a field to put a lot of text in, like where you downloaded it from etc. Can't have the folders and file names be too long after all.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Scholar
#16669 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Mrmo
I don't know anything about the Art Deco Mailbox, however I have downloaded something of theirs before, the TeethCleaningChewbone and it is very nice and works great. So I would expect that their Art Deco Mailbox would be well done. I would download it and check it out in a test hood.

I will do that!
Top Secret Researcher
#16670 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:53 PM
Yesterday I was playing a family with some teens boys and a couple of them wanted to go with a teen girl, the only problem is that I don't know how to satisfy this want. So far I found that asking the girl out on a Date does not work and that sneaking out with the girl does not work.

What does work to satisfy this want to go out with a Sim as a Teen?

Scholar
#16671 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:57 PM
Ask Permission from a guardian and go to the phone and select "Go Out". When the dialogue pops up, select the teen girl from the list. Similar to "Sneak Out" but it's "Go Out" instead. I can't remember what time this option appears though.
Mad Poster
#16672 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:06 PM
I believe it's after 6 pm, but I'd have to double-check.

Mad Poster
#16673 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:34 PM
Is there a way to save the changes I make to vacation hoods so I don't have to re-do them every time I start a new main hood? One of the things I commonly do is turn around the jewelry stands on Twikki Island Boardwalk and other things. It gets annoying to have to re-do it every time.
Top Secret Researcher
#16674 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Is there a way to save the changes I make to vacation hoods so I don't have to re-do them every time I start a new main hood? One of the things I commonly do is turn around the jewelry stands on Twikki Island Boardwalk and other things. It gets annoying to have to re-do it every time.

If you are playing a Vacation Neighborhood you need to exit to the Neighborhood first, so better to go to that Neighborhood before sending Sims on Vaction, then from the Neighborhood enter a location just like you would in another Neighborhood and make what changes you want then and then exit to the Neighborhood. Next time you send your Sims on Vaction you will find that the changes are there. I used this method a lot to add object mods to various locations and it works fine.

Mad Poster
#16675 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:05 AM
Maybe this example will make what I want more clear. I just made changes to the vacation hoods connected to an empty Meadow Creek. Is there a way to move the changed hoods to a new version Pleasantview before the hoods are played?
Page 667 of 1347