Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16676 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:10 AM
It might be possible to copy the modified lot over to the neighbourhood template, but you'd probably have to rename it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#16677 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Maybe this example will make what I want more clear. I just made changes to the vacation hoods connected to an empty Meadow Creek. Is there a way to move the changed hoods to a new version Pleasantview before the hoods are played?

I don't know. I would just make the same changes in the Vacation Neighborhoods that would be connected to the New version of Pleasantview. There might be a way to do what you want, but I don't know how the game names the Vacation Neighborhoods that are connected to a Main Neighborhood. You might be able to figure it out, but like I stated I would just do the changes I wanted over again as to me it woud be less trouble that way.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#16678 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:08 AM
What you would need to do would be to use the principles laid out in Mootilda's guide to creating a safe shareable subhood (http://modthesims.info/t/420196) to alter the template neighborhood and replace the existing neighborhood template for your vacation neighborhood with the modified one.

I'm way too tired to go over it right now and explain to you step-by-step; but by studying the processes she describes you should be able work it out, extrapolating where necessary.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16679 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Maybe this example will make what I want more clear. I just made changes to the vacation hoods connected to an empty Meadow Creek. Is there a way to move the changed hoods to a new version Pleasantview before the hoods are played?

I had a similar situation. What I did was bin all the lots that I changed. That way, when I set up a new hood, I just bulldoze the original vacation lots and plop down the binned ones in their place. It's quick and easy for me. Just make sure the 'hood you bin them from is in good condition and use Chris Hatch's lot cleaner or some similar tool to clear out any sim references before you bin the lot.
Mad Poster
#16680 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 3:03 PM
Random question: When I was playing the DeBateau household a while ago, the butler kept hanging out in the guesthouse kitchen. Is there a way to prevent that?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#16681 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 9:25 PM
my question of transferring a lot out of game ( http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...073#post5480073 ); managed to do it with SimPE.
tested it with some temporary neighborhoods.
1. open lot's location.
2. do Extract with the lot then do Delete with it then save.
3. open another part of the neighborhood then do Add then save.
4. delete the files from the extraction.
when the respective parts of the neighborhood are loaded in game, the lot would be absent from its former location and present in the new location at same X & Y & Z coordinates. some chance of a name/description change.
checked the neighborhoods in the Hood Checker program both before and after transferring it; there seemed to be no change.
Scholar
#16682 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I will do that!

I quote my own post. As it seems, the mailbox is only an "object" (like a statue or similar). The only action avalible is to to check it out. It's also under Deco/statues I find it in game. Oh well, looks good anyway.
Alchemist
#16683 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
my question of transferring a lot out of game ( http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...073#post5480073 ); managed to do it with SimPE.
tested it with some temporary neighborhoods.
1. open lot's location.
2. do Extract with the lot then do Delete with it then save.
3. open another part of the neighborhood then do Add then save.
4. delete the files from the extraction.
when the respective parts of the neighborhood are loaded in game, the lot would be absent from its former location and present in the new location at same X & Y & Z coordinates. some chance of a name/description change.
checked the neighborhoods in the Hood Checker program both before and after transferring it; there seemed to be no change.

This is intriguing. Would it be possible to post a bit more, maybe with screen shots and rationale, maybe in your own thread?
Mad Poster
#16684 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 11:19 AM
Do harvestables never get infested when they're in green houses? Mine never did.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#16685 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Do harvestables never get infested when they're in green houses? Mine never did.
Yup, on the IGN guide it says that the plants inside the greenhouse are immune to weather and pests.
Mad Poster
#16686 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Ask Permission from a guardian and go to the phone and select "Go Out". When the dialogue pops up, select the teen girl from the list. Similar to "Sneak Out" but it's "Go Out" instead. I can't remember what time this option appears though.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Go_out

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Undead Molten Llama
#16687 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:34 PM
I quote my own post. As it seems, the mailbox is only an "object" (like a statue or similar). The only action avalible is to to check it out. It's also under Deco/statues I find it in game. Oh well, looks good anyway.

You could get an invisible recolor of the regular mailbox and then put the pretty one on top of it. The animations probably wouldn't line up properly and all that, but you'd have a nicer-looking mailbox.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#16688 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:38 PM
Is it possible to build a catacomb or a crypt in Sims 2 with underground levels? I am not sure how to do in sims 2

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Undead Molten Llama
#16689 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Is it possible to build a catacomb or a crypt in Sims 2 with underground levels? I am not sure how to do in sims 2

It is quite easy to build "windowless" basements that can be used as a crypt/catacombs or a wine cellar or a dungeon or something like that. It is less-easy (but possible) to build a walk-out/daylight basement. As far as I know, it can only be one level deep, though. You can't do TS3-style multi-level basements. Also, even with a 1-level basement you have to be careful about the water table. If your terrain is too low, too close to "sea level," you can end up with a flooded basement. So, be careful where you place such a lot.

Anyway, there are lots of tutes out there for simple windowless basements. Here's one on Youtube: https://youtu.be/1roNWxBtLC8

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#16690 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:57 PM
if a FAMI resource was created in a neighborhood's file through SimPE, and if 1 or more character was "moved" to that resource; would the game recognize that household?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16691 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 2:02 PM
Sorry for asking but does anyone know the tumblr "Crisps&Kerosene" (http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com) ? I was browsing the archive of the tumblr the other day and found some sort of Art Deco mailbox (see: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...-mailbox-u-fine ) and as I want to try a Art Deco build I was wondering if this is some sort of download and if where can I get it? And is it a replacement or just deco? The tumblr page (last link) does not give mush info about it.

(Please quote me so I find the way back )

@Mrmo - I looked at the mailbox file and it is deco.
Mad Poster
#16692 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 8:36 PM
Sticky toddlers. I had a toddler sitting in the trash can pile that I couldn't make leave. NOW I've had two of them also get "stuck"; in these cases (in the same ISBI house) the floor was covered with bottles and diapers. These toddlers attracted a group of SIms trying to help, and even I could not help! Could not make them move, could not make a sim interact. Finally I picked the kids up (along with the sticky trash they were now attached to) and deleted. They came back as expected when lot was re-entered.
ALSO there was a nanny in the house who had apparently gone mad; she CONTINUOUSLY brought the toddlers bottles (and did nothing else).
AND when twins were born in a little bathroom (of course) the mom laid the second one on top of the first one - who then disappeared! Still showed on family screen (with progressing needs) but NOT on lot, can't be summoned to lot. Finally had to put up for adoption; but when called to adopt got a random baby. DID find it when went to community lot with CC cribs that will have adoptive (or generated) babies.
Just multiple odd glitches? Why wasn't baby brought by game? Why are toddlers sticky?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16693 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 10:05 PM
Have you run Hood Checker?
Have you run a copy of this family with no mods or CC?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16694 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
if a FAMI resource was created in a neighborhood's file through SimPE, and if 1 or more character was "moved" to that resource; would the game recognize that household?

Yes, you need to add a text list of the same instance to hold the family name although SimPE may automatically do that for you if/when you type in a name for the family. Keep the value of 'Subhood:' as 0x00000001 to show in the family bin or 0x00000002 to show in the student bin. Make sure you remember to give the family some money while you are at it. Your game will generate anything else required like a family thumbnail etc.
Alchemist
#16695 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 4:21 AM
Any idea why sims wouldn't be able to clean up dishes? I normally have my sims throw away burnt food and start all over, but now they can't clean it up until after it's spoiled. It's weird. The most recent mod affecting food that I installed was Neder's Variable Meal Servings. I guess I'll take it out and see if it's the problem, but has anyone else come across this, ever?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16696 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:23 AM
If I use SimPE to change the last names of some of the premade living or dead sims, will that cause any problems? I would be using meetme2theriver's templates.
Instructor
#16697 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If I use SimPE to change the last names of some of the premade living or dead sims, will that cause any problems? I would be using meetme2theriver's templates.

Quite sure it's safe to do - I've done it several times (even to change the household names) do an extra backup just in case!
Theorist
#16698 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Any idea why sims wouldn't be able to clean up dishes? I normally have my sims throw away burnt food and start all over, but now they can't clean it up until after it's spoiled. It's weird. The most recent mod affecting food that I installed was Neder's Variable Meal Servings. I guess I'll take it out and see if it's the problem, but has anyone else come across this, ever?

I had that happen once, months ago. Irrc it was in one of the houses that came with the IKEA stuffpack, it had the cheapest large IKEA table and a dishwasher. And once I replaced those two it worked again.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#16699 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 1:55 PM
About building catacombs or underneath graveyards-many years ago, Bootsbrisket uploaded a lot that had underground rooms. It works well:

Creepy Graveyard Above / Secret Underground House Below

It probably would be an ideal place for a catacomb.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#16700 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 1:56 PM
I couldn't clean up any dishes after installing BO's autonomous put away leftovers mod. So I had to remove it. Sadly, because I liked what it did otherwise :/
Page 668 of 1347