Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#16701 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 4:51 PM
Has anyone ever figured out how the sun, moon, and stars are actually rendered? It seems like it would have made the most sense to put them on a flat background and just have them be static, but they're clearly not- they seem to actually exist in a three-dimensional space above the rendered portion of the neighborhood...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16702 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I couldn't clean up any dishes after installing BO's autonomous put away leftovers mod. So I had to remove it. Sadly, because I liked what it did otherwise :/

Check if you have Simply Leftovers. BO's mod has a special version for if you do.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#16703 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:47 PM
I do, and that was the version I had.
Link Ninja
#16704 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 7:48 PM
Random question but if your newly adult sim rolls the want to go into a specific job track however their LTW is to reach the top a different job track - do you try to get them into the track they want presently or try to get them into the track for their long term aspiration? This happens to me all the time but usually I opt for the aspirational career track instead of the short term boost in their wants.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#16705 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:14 PM
Is it possible to change a Sim's name such as "Juliette Capp" to "Juliette Capp-Ruben" or "Juliette Ruben-Capp" using the edit New Last Name option on Christianlov's Last Name Copier or do I have to go through SimPE? Also, will the name "Capp-Ruben" or "Ruben-Capp" work when changing a household name in SimPE? :D
Mad Poster
#16706 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:34 PM
It should be able to. The Sim Manipulator can, too (it's under the misc. section).

If you want to change the household name, you need SimPE for that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#16707 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:35 PM
this site's grave spawner ( http://www.modthesims.info/d/236885...d-09-28-08.html ); works with just the currently selected character?
if we want a certain death type for the character, select it before or after spawning the grave?

about renaming last names; at least 2 hacks can do that. Sim Manipulator (directly); Sim Blender (indirectly, copy first name to last).
Scholar
#16708 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:36 PM
Yes, I know how to change household names in SimPE. I was just making sure if I can actually use the little dash thing in the household name. Okay, I will use one of those to do the last name in game and change household name in SimPE. :D

Thank you :D
Alchemist
#16709 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Check if you have Simply Leftovers. BO's mod has a special version for if you do.

I have both and up until a few weeks ago, I didn't have problems with it (in fact, it's why I got into the habit of cleaning up burnt food, cuz otherwise my sims will jump to put it away in the fridge. Even though they're only going to make faces when they eat it. I wonder if that can be modded out?) In any case, I'm starting to suspect something is conflicting with it, probably something I recently downloaded or moved out of my testing folder.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#16710 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 11:00 PM
Silly question: when recoloring something in bodyshop, I usually edit the pictures in .png and then I opne the original texture and replace it (using... Paint) so I'm sure the format is the same. But sometimes the texture in game look a bit blurred and the colors are "weird" (I'm not sure how to explain it, it's like when you use too much contrast while editing an image).
The same happens with the objects recolors, but they usually look better (maybe because of the "build DXT" option). My question is: is there anyway to make the textures look better? Like resizing them or using another format instead of .bmp?
Top Secret Researcher
#16711 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 11:46 PM
The only thing I know is select "none" where it says "smoothen", otherwise the texture blurs when you zoom out. Sadly I don't know how to fix the weird colors problem, I just live with it I recolored a painting using a photo of a sim showing a tiny bit of her teeth and it looks like her lips and teeth are meshed together lol
But it's fine enough to me

Also a tip, all you need to make sure is that the texture has the same measurements and is in png, you don't need to open the original texture in paint and replace it from there.

EDIT: Oops I read too fast, this is about object recolors, not bodyshop XD I'd also like to know how to fix the colors with bodyshop recolors All I know is the colors are brighter in game than in the image files so I always make them a bit darker than I want them.
Top Secret Researcher
#16712 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Random question but if your newly adult sim rolls the want to go into a specific job track however their LTW is to reach the top a different job track - do you try to get them into the track they want presently or try to get them into the track for their long term aspiration? This happens to me all the time but usually I opt for the aspirational career track instead of the short term boost in their wants.

I always get the Sim into the job track for their LTW, however I will frequently change what their LTW is, sometimes it might be to reflect their Personality, sometimes it might be to reflect their Interests, sometimes it might be to better fit their Story Line, not to fit a short term job want though as I usually ignore those.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#16713 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:47 AM
Is this a rare or common Want?

I've never seen this Want before in my game! I'm rather excited for this, haha. :P
Alchemist
#16714 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 4th May 2020 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling
@Charmful, I would interpret it as a sim's LTW is their dream job and the other ones they roll wants for are acceptable substitutes if they can't make their dreams happen. Or you could look at it as the LTW is what they always dreamed about growing up, and then the ones they roll wants for are the career paths they think they might be interested in as an adult.

Other times, like when I see sims roll wants for a job and they are a stay at home parent (like Brandi Broke) or they earn an unconventional income (like Darren Dreamer, who used to paint when he wasn't plotting how to get Cassandra to forget Don and fall for him instead), I interpret the want for a job as a want for stability. Family sims often will roll a want to get a job in Law Enforcement, even though they'd probably be happier staying home with the kids. I see that as them wanting a reliable job with a good steady income that can support the family, not necessary as them wanting to be a cop. Brandi actually hasn't rolled that want in a bit--and she shouldn't, since her second husband is a criminal and pulled a string of jobs and schemes that keeps them very cushy. He even keeps some stashes of coins in the house for emergencies. Anyway, considering when she used to roll it, it's more likely she was feeling cooped up at home with all the toddlers and wanted/needed to get out of the house. Maybe she thought Law Enforcement was exciting. Or maybe she thought she could help keep the fuzz off her husband.

Darren, on the other hand, can actually live quite comfortably off his paintings, especially now that Dirk has moved out and even graduated. Plus he has a bunch of money since he finally convinced Cassandra to go for him and marry/move in (he used magic and erased her memory) and yet he is always rolling wants for various jobs. I see that as him wanting to conform to society a bit, to be a conventional breadwinner with a 9 to 5 job. It's part of his dream, along with the house, (imaginary) picket fence, dream girl, and kids. The particular job doesn't matter as it's only for appearances.

So long story short, maybe it's that your sims have a dream job but see the others as more practical/obtainable, or they just want to get out there and start earning money right away and they're getting a bit desperate/doubting themselves. Or they want to explore their options and try a bunch of different things. There's lots of reasons.

ETA: Fyren5, yes that want is normal, though sometimes rare. Family sims and kids can roll a want for a new family member.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16715 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 2:34 AM
How to I get my game to regenerate the premade hoods from templates? I just installed meetme2theriver's templates in Program Files, and I then deleted all the neighborhoods from My Documents (I backed up my actual hood that I play before doing any of this) but the game just loads and there are no neighborhoods, it doesn't generate anything.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. I had to delete the entire Neighborhoods folder.
Mad Poster
#16716 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5

I've never seen this Want before in my game! I'm rather excited for this, haha. :P

Actually, it is pretty common in small children-but sometimes the adults will roll it, too-especially if they have children that need to get married..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16717 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 3:48 AM
I had a child roll that want once, so I got his father married, but annoyingly the want didn't satisfy (maybe because the person he married was already living with them), so I ctrl+click satisfied it myself.

New question: where on the Belldonna Cove museum lot is Olivia Riley's grave, usually? After I installed the new template and regenerated the hood all the graves were missing so I restored them with HoodChecker, but I'm not sure where this grave was meant to be placed.
Inventor
#16718 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 4:19 AM

Sometimes I interpret it as their LTW is something they feel drawn to but struggle with. Faith Goodie has a LTW to be a Criminal Mastermind, for example, but every time I've played her she seems to prefer not to pursue it. I've put her in the Criminal track as both an elder and an adult, and she always ends up in some way wanting out of it! I like to think of it as her having a dark side that craves that kind of position and power but her better side pushes against the want.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16719 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 4:31 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 28th Dec 2018 at 5:38 AM.

Unless I need a sim in that job track I ignore job wants. For lifetime wants I make up my own and jot it down in their bio or roll on the Bat Box until an acceptable one shows up. Easy to make a sim platinum once they have reached whatever the goal was. I could even give aspiration points but my sims usually have so many by that point that I don't bother.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#16720 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 5:04 AM
@Charmful I also look as LTW as a suggestion. I only allow my sims to find a job through the newspaper, so it can sometimes be a while before the career on the LTW comes up. Then it depends on the personality of that sim - were they in some other job waiting for this opportunity to come up? If so, I'll change it. Whether they get to the top of the career also depends on a bunch of other stuff, so just because they enter that career track doesn't mean it'll work out.
If I think they are happy in another job they picked, then I don't worry about it anymore.
If my sims lose their job, though, they can't re-enter that career, so if that happens, I might go back towards their LTW.
Mad Poster
#16721 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:29 AM
Jobs for the hood! Hand of Neptune? Sorry, dear, there is no beach or sea in Black Rock Mountain. Adventurer? this hood needs a new doctor now that Jody Larson Goodie has retired.

We will see if we can reach platinum status another way
Mad Poster
#16722 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
this site's grave spawner ( http://www.modthesims.info/d/236885...d-09-28-08.html ); works with just the currently selected character?
if we want a certain death type for the character, select it before or after spawning the grave?

If you want a specific death type, enable testing cheats and shift+click on the grave itself. There should be an option to select what type of death you want. Unfortunately, this seems to be limited to base game death types only, no matter what EPs you have in your game.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#16723 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 8:58 PM
is there any out-of-game way to find out a character's NID?
I recall some hack/hacks and/or the testingcheatsenabled cheat being able to tell in-game.
Link Ninja
#16724 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
is there any out-of-game way to find out a character's NID?
I recall some hack/hacks and/or the testingcheatsenabled cheat being able to tell in-game.

You mean like in SimPe? You go to your sim browser and then select them, theres a way to see their neighborhood ID.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#16725 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5

I see it reasonably often for child sims and use it as an indicator that Family may be a good primary/secondary aspiration for them when they become teens. I choose their aspirations based on wants/fears/autonomous actions when they're toddlers/children - and a bit of story telling on my part! Pretty much every child who has this want ends up with Family as their primary or secondary aspiration as it isn't a super-common want (in my game, at least) so I regard it as a significant one.
Page 669 of 1345