Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 5:45 PM
Default What do you want from Sims 4? (if there is one)
What would you like to see if EA & Maxis decided to create another sims? I would like to keep the seamless neighbourhood and traits but still have the gameplay and genetic/face CAS of Sims 2 what do you want?

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:07 PM
The water from TS3 (except the beaches would be swimmable) and dominant/recessive genetics that aren't changed by going to a mirror. Activities for Sims to do in groups of two or more. More risk/reward options, rather than "opportunities" where you can only fail by not following through. A game designed to be friendly to cc from day one (especially non-default skintones), with the manufacturer establishing some code parameters they will not change so patching or adding an EP doesn't suddenly result in a corrupted neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:56 AM
...and I'd like it to be a game *I* will play, and not the other way around, with me running all over the town to find the Sims.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 11:22 AM
They need to bring back some of the more "unrealistic" factors that I've found in TS2, but have been missing in TS3. Alien pregnancy, for example. I like getting my boys pregnant. XD
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 7:15 PM
Sims that don't look like the pillsbury dough boy.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 8:25 PM
From Sims 3 I would take skilling, traits, gardening, fishing, open world, celebrities, ambition self employed jobs, and many other things that have much detail put into them. But the game definitely needs more sad in it. Bring back roaches, gardening plants bugs, fears, bad opportunities, over-dramatic wives who will steal your paper and burn your house down when they find you cheating.

From TS2 I would bring back OFB, the ability to be more static in the world and genetics.

From TS1 I would bring back all the great community lots, like the ice-cream stand, or magic town and such. From all the three games TS1 had the most detail in it, and I would love to see that make a come back.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 4:25 AM
I'd like a good mix of TS2 and TS3.

From TS3 I'd like - traits, open neighborhood, the jobs similar to Ambitions, celebrities, the skills

From TS2 I'd like - OFB type businesses, the realistic genetics (dyed pink hair is NOT genetic), chance cards (like TS3 opportunities except with bad possible outcomes).

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
#8 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 5:33 AM
I havent even had a chance to buy sims 3 yet so please no sims 4. Only started playin 2 in 08 for crying out loud lol.

Going off the top of my head here and from what little i read on here about 3.

Create a pattern or whatever that is (eliminates the need for endless texture replicates just cuz i need 100 diff colors to feel satisfied)
playable businesses
body sliders
something i don think either have (possibly 3 maybe) skin variety. Its a shame they only can get 4 tones unless u cc a whole set to be geneticized.
Open neighborhood only if it acts like sims 2 in the aspect that you have to play each household in order for progression to happen.
i could do without the supernaturals if they put in a way for male pregnancy without needing an alien baby daddy. (unrealistic but i'm gay so i want it :P)

That's it really because the rest of what i would like to see incorporated has been mods and things that maxis was too stupid to make but the great creative community has made.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 7:20 AM
from TS1 : many real-life characters.
from TS2 : playable business (OFB), all creatures there, weather and pets.
from TS3 : traits, seamless neighbourhood, one-time loading
from TS4 : isn't that what we're talking about???
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 9:32 AM
Yes! It's the topic I wanted to start, but never dared

From TS1: atmosphere. Great atmosphere. Lots of little neat things: easter eggs, secrets, unpredictability, "magicness" :D
From TS2: customisation. Easy ways to make and use CC and to play your game as you like it. Weather. Supernaturals. Even mpreg.
From TS3: traits. Depth of character. And Townies don't feel like they were not persons any more. I hate it when in TS1 or TS2 you must have friends for jobs/wants with Sims you never played, and it feels like befriending a table or pile of bricks. In TS3 it's more interesting. Oh, and customisation of body shapes.

My vision: The progress of technology pushes Simmy people to uncanny valley. In TS4, for few years, it will be able to jump it, and that would be even creepier than uncanny valley itself. The second solution is to make Sims look more or less cartoonish. That would be annoying for some. But, CC.

Superfast PC's with petabytes of memory would make possible to make endless sandboxes, with worlds generated like dungeons in Nethack. You would be able to play not in the neighbourhood, but more like in a little planet That would be freaking awesome. Your Sim is bored with his life? He can move to the distant land, but still visit his mother :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 9:48 PM
Height. Sliders. Period. :D

Think about it
My Journal/Legacy
Alchemist
#12 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:06 PM
A Space EP
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:34 PM
First off, I don't play Sims 3, so maybe some things I'll say here will miss what that game is already capable of, I dunno, but here goes: What do I want from a Sims 4?
More interactions--not less, as I understand the Sims 3 suffers from.
Even more wants, lifetime wants, and aspirations, with more player control over how to set up characters and create storylines.
Something like Family Tree Maker or some sort of genealogical record keeping in-game to help players keep track of sims and stories. The storytelling aspect of sims 2 is just not vibrant or flexible enough.
More family relationships--great grandparents, second cousins, etc
Revert back to discrete households with community lots--away from the continuous play nh of Sims 3
Revert back to showing sims' needs: I like having to control when they eat, sleep, etc, etc. It makes game play more interesting.
Control over sim heights!!!

That's it for now, but I'm going to keep thinking ....
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 11:25 PM
Sims 3 does show their motives. I think some players just rely on modlets to tell them what their sim needs.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 12:32 AM
The most important thing I'd want in the Sims 4 is making modding and creating CC a LOT easier, maybe even easier than it was for The Sims 2! (Which was pretty easy.)

ENTJ
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 5:02 AM
Open world but with time freeze and total preservation orders slapped on played households that are not currently being played. CAS sliders and the ability to change textures from 3 (but with realistic faces, rather than puddings). Good genetic handling. Homeschooling. Legacy mode - play each generation in a different era from Egyptian to modern times! Excellent CC compatibility. A decent world-builder. And editing suite like the one in The Movies would be ace. Come on EA! I'm not asking for much, heh.

More than anything, I'd like a return to the fun, gaming attitude of S1, rather than the money-churning, limited content, micro-payment attitude of now...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 6:26 PM
scarletwings, I love the idea of being able to homeschool, and the legacy mode is an amazing idea aswell a more friendly world creator would be much appreciated aswell.

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 11:50 PM
Like alot of people said I'd like a seamless neighborhood but with something where it asks you before important events like naming a baby where it would let you choose to name it yourself or let the game do it and like before people get married or go out or even do stuff to cause them to fall in love. Id also like Turns on turns off but with eyes catogorized like hair so you can have eye color also more turns ons and turns off. Also random crushes like one sim meets a sim who fits their turn ons so they get a little crush symbol next to their name.

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 1:05 AM
The Sims 4 has been confirmed to be in development for as early as 2013 and as late as 2017.

I'd like an OPTION to have a seamless 'hood, and the TS2-style gameplay. Sure, I like TS3's gameplay, but think about the machinima artists this time. We want full control over a scene, and easier (+ faster to use) build/buy/CAS.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#20 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 6:44 AM
I want all good features of TS1 and TS2. Not mentioning TS3, since nothing new appeared there, to my knowledge.

So from TS1:
Superstar (it's like popularity in Latenight in TS3)
Vacations
Unleashed (pets)
Magic
Farming

TS2:
University for teens
Many options for businesses!!!
NICE-LOOKING SIMS pls... at least give us some of them, not only bulldog-faced TS3-sims!

And on a side note:
More careers, much more... or vary them somehow, it was so disappointing for me to see careers from TS1 in TS2. How many years do we have to play the same career tracks!

Seamless neighborhood sounds nice, but I'm not sure how good it is from the technical point of view. Afaik it only supports one city and you can't attach more like in other sim games, all thanx to this seamless neighborhood. Also I hate how you cannot place buildings whenever you want to place them in TS3, if it's a limitation of a seamless neighborhood then I'd rather do without it. If limitations were removed, then I'd want it of course.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 8:42 AM
I want an options interface that would allow the player to switch major features in each EP off and on, rather than having to hack the game to eliminate vampires or celebrities or witchcraft. Build choice into the game.
Banned
#22 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 9:55 AM
That's easy!

-To be developed by Maxis, otherwise, by someone outside EA.
-To... not suck as much...
-To have the main content from previous EP's included in the base game (ex: TS3 should have had seasons and pets)
-To be more Sims 2 like when it comes to the theme, with aliens n' shit.
-Less tarded UI, the one in Sims 2 was perfect.
-If it will include free roam like Sims 3 (I don't want it, but the majority does I'm sure so I'll go with that) it should at least include some kind of lot / household protection, so that no changes occur to households the player chooses unless the player interacts with them using another household etc...
-Guns!
-Actual time travel would be nice, via EP.
-Fully customizable Neighborhood, and I mean fully, no more Sims 3 crap with all the lot placement limitations.

NOT
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 11:04 AM
I'd want:
-The "open neighborhood" from Sims 3
-More customizable characters for Sims-not moodlets, but actual personality building aspects; a deeper combination of traits, interests and personal features.
-some sort of tracking/recording feature in the game for keeping all the families straight, like the Lot Sync Timer.
-have some of the best features of Sims 2, such as Seasons, OFB, and swimming in it. Integrate all the parts and not dole them out in EP's bit by bit.
-Community lots where sims can spend the day and have it pass on their own time, as in real life. Speaking of that, why not be able to live on one and run it as a business?
-NO RPG whatsoever. From what I can tell (I don't play Sims 3) that is the most aggravating part of that game, and one that can be dispensed with for most players.
-the ability to make one's one maps fully customizable in the game. To be able to make your own neighborhood terrain without the help of an outside program, such as SC4 or the CAW.
-The ability to make clothes, from start to finish.

Those are a few of the major ones I'd like to see, if they really do intend to make Sims 4-but from here to there, it's either going to be a new set of people who make it or else EA will never be able to get it off the ground.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 5:13 PM
For me, the biggest thing missing from TS3 (apart from being interesting) is the ability to keep track of sims' lives - I'd like to see a memory system and an in-game household story mode a la TS2. There are a lot of things I like about TS3 but none of it makes up for the complete suckitude of its gameplay, so gameplay similar to TS2 for me with proper genetics on top. Please.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 2:17 AM
To add to the list:

School. Like, play through it.

Different cultures instead of just "American Suburbia".

Online multiplayer?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Page 1 of 18