Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#251 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Good point. I had a hood that I knew was corrupt and before I saved sims etc from that hood Mrs C was walking around without her handbag and she tried to kiss one of my sims. I hurried up on that extracting process after seeing that!

Well, who the hell wouldn't want to get out of there as quickly as possible in that situation? It's preferable to be hit by her cement-filled handbag.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:08 AM
Mrs Crumplebottom sure has put a lot of people through hell. It's bad enough she harasses our sims, but she has to destroy our games too??? I don't know why EA thought it would be worth it to destroy our games just to have her in it. It's not like anyone likes the damn woman in the first place. Most people who make her selectable probably just do it to drown her or burn her in a fire and get her out of their site!!
Scholar
#253 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by limebreakfast
Mrs Crumplebottom sure has put a lot of people through hell. It's bad enough she harasses our sims, but she has to destroy our games too??? I don't know why EA thought it would be worth it to destroy our games just to have her in it. It's not like anyone likes the damn woman in the first place. Most people who make her selectable probably just do it to drown her or burn her in a fire and get her out of their site!!

I think she's hilarious, especially when she's around my 10-points-Outgoing sims on community lots with hottubs or when she's lurking outside the photobooths or dressing rooms during my Romance sims' community lot dates. Nothing caps off an evening like some blunt force trauma with a reinforced biddy handbag.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#254 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:06 AM
I like it when she's hanging out at the pool hitting people for being in their bathing suits.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#255 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:36 AM
Seeing Mrs C kiss my sim was hilarious but scary. And yes he wanted out of there fast. His face was hilarious as he looked like he had been slapped.

Quote:
It's not like anyone likes the damn woman in the first place

Actually I do like her, I think she's a riot. Before she kissed my sim I had made him flirt with her a few times to get her to wack him, so I was really when she went and kissed him instead! The only time I find her a bit of a pain is on owned downtown business lots because she gets my sims out of the bath to tell them off- for being naked I guess. In their own private bathroom with the door locked mind you.
Mad Poster
#256 Old 1st May 2012 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Seeing Mrs C kiss my sim was hilarious but scary. And yes he wanted out of there fast. His face was hilarious as he looked like he had been slapped.

Actually I do like her, I think she's a riot. Before she kissed my sim I had made him flirt with her a few times to get her to wack him, so I was really when she went and kissed him instead! The only time I find her a bit of a pain is on owned downtown business lots because she gets my sims out of the bath to tell them off- for being naked I guess. In their own private bathroom with the door locked mind you.

That's why it pays to have either an energizer or witch powers and a handy throne to recharge! Anyway, I think you can clear her from the lot or just put in lots of fun stuff like bowling alleys to keep her away from your sims. She loves to bowl and drink... might make a home business in my downtown and see how much money I can make offa her.
Test Subject
#257 Old 9th May 2012 at 8:24 PM
Hmm, you know how things like grim reaper CAN be marryed and u can have children with them with a cheat ( Though i would try it, it makes your game boom! ) What would they child look like?
Site Helper
#258 Old 9th May 2012 at 8:59 PM
As far as I know, the Grim Reaper cannot be married without corrupting your installation files, but your sim can have a child with her/him. Since the Grim Reaper has no face template, face template #1 is used.
Mad Poster
#259 Old 9th May 2012 at 9:02 PM
I hope you meant "I wouldn't try it". (Proofreading is a good skill to practice.)

Those who have used the Tombstone of Life and Death to safely impregnate a playable sim with Grim's baby in a way that does NOT involve "touching" him (making selectable) in any way find that he tend to father very attractive children. Thing is, Grim has no "genetics". I don't understand exactly how it works, but the game pulls genetics from CAS for Grim in a way that makes it appear he's got... face one or face two - not sure.

Don't be fooled by Nervous Subject's appearance. Grim is his father, but Nervous is a CAS construct, not genetically related to Grim in any way.
Mad Poster
#260 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 3:08 PM
*No necromancy meant*

If gypsies have annoying behavior, how come Marie Ryan never did the spit polish action in my game?
Mad Poster
#261 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 10:34 PM
*No necromancy meant and sorry for the double post*

Okay, I think I'm going to start a new wiki page about who is safe to be made playable and added to a family with an Moo's list, but an updated, accroding to my neighbrohood, for now, here is what I think:

Safe:
Massage people
Professors, although drama prof.'s may tend to cheat on their spouses
delivery people (all types)
police
bartenders
cash register people and coffee/cafe table people
restaurant podium people

The reason behind why these seem to be safe is because you can interact with them, it may not be directly after meeting, but it can be after, for example, after tipping them.

Not known of yet:
Exterminators, although I have one, she is fine, but I noticed a squiggly line with her when something was blocking her way.
Foreigners/Locals and tourists, even though they look and can be interacted with like normal townies, no one said anything yet about them. They are most likely to be safe.
Forum Resident
#262 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Huh! Yes they do my friend, yes they do! And they are not even aware of it. And they do bite hard.

Ouch! EA! *rubs arm*

Whenever a corruption happens, EA bites us. You feel the pain because you lost all your hard work.

As for the SW part, no, the game doesn't create a clone of the SW, its the same one you see taking and delivering sims.

I still remember having a Social Worker who married a Sim and nothing ever happened, of course this was several hoods ago, and one old dead computer and a couple of wipes since I did this, who knows maybe the graphics card or the computer or whatever had stuffed up before she could do any damage, I haven't done it since just incase I am wrong.

It sucks how EA pretty much placed all these bugs in it to get corrupted. Miss C getting bit, moving families to other hoods, dating NPCS etc and they never noticed.

And I hate Miss C, especially after her getting bit by a vampire caused the original Destiny Hills (A great hood of mine) to be corrupted because she got bit, and I saved afterwards (I never knew she got bitten until later when one of my Sims noticed her burning in the sunlight). I had to create another DH Reborn (Not that matters, as above stated my old computer is dead, I have a new one but it's just Destiny Hills now, I think it's a backup from somewhere)
Mad Poster
#263 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
I still remember having a Social Worker who married a Sim and nothing ever happened, of course this was several hoods ago, and one old dead computer and a couple of wipes since I did this, who knows maybe the graphics card or the computer or whatever had stuffed up before she could do any damage, I haven't done it since just incase I am wrong.

It sucks how EA pretty much placed all these bugs in it to get corrupted. Miss C getting bit, moving families to other hoods, dating NPCS etc and they never noticed.

And I hate Miss C, especially after her getting bit by a vampire caused the original Destiny Hills (A great hood of mine) to be corrupted because she got bit, and I saved afterwards (I never knew she got bitten until later when one of my Sims noticed her burning in the sunlight). I had to create another DH Reborn (Not that matters, as above stated my old computer is dead, I have a new one but it's just Destiny Hills now, I think it's a backup from somewhere)

You need the creaturefixes from MATY. Get it ASAP!

Mrs. C is one reason behind why I didn't add a downtown to my custom hood.
Mad Poster
#264 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:41 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Aug 2012 at 9:54 PM.
One of the best tips I've received from anyone here was a post praising the visitor controller. Mrs. C concerns me in more ways than one. I used to let an ACR-like mod run on one community lot, not see Mrs. C slip on there before I could do anything, and shuddered as I saw how Mrs. C tried to romance the local neighborhood studmuffins. Ick. I'm telling you .. what I saw wasn't right. Just ... not ... right. She could be quite the aggressive cougar with that mod! And to make it worse, I wonder what else her actions did, besides offend my aesthetic sensibilities. I should note that most of the neighborhoods where she was on the prowl have been deleted/reset now. Just one left, and that one is due for a reset soon, for other reasons. From now on, if I've set up a nightclub where Sims can be a little rowdy, and that mod is involved, I make SURE she stays far away!

Keeping her off the lot = keeping me from EVER seeing that again! Better for the game, better for me. Thank you, Two Jeffs, wherever you are. Thank you!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#265 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punkrockgoth1988
I don't go so far as to give all my Sims immortality. That would be boring, like the original The Sims game was after a while.

I avoided this by playing original The Sims in a Logan's Run style, heh. Makin' Magic, which came with the spell that turned children into adults, made all the difference - made generations possible, even if the parents had to "have an accident".

Oh... I'm missing the original Sims now Fortunately, I managed to pick up a Complete Collection for a bargain today - woo, I'm off to be a Superstar! Wait, what's this?! Porcelain? I DEMAND A TOILET MADE OUT OF PURE GOLD THAT ONLY I MAY USE!
Test Subject
#266 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 7:16 PM
Even though this goes back a few months hoping it's ok to bump since Google is still pulling it up for those of us still having questions and issues.

My question was regarding interactions if Freetime is installed with it's blanket inability to call or access a full interaction menu with ANY service npcs. I'd been trying to add a mail girl to my hood but even with the relationship at 100/100 she never appeared in his call menu. They could Flirt and Talk and Influence but that was it.

Scenario repeated itself last night with one of the Bluewater Village hairdressers someone else mentioned earlier. So I was looking for a fix and discovered the simwardrobe hack to reimplement the ability to Call, removed by Freetime. Problem being that when using the hack, he invites Nerisse Gast, the hairdresser, over to visit but they still can only Flirt, Talk and Influence. There's no option to Propose, Kiss, etc. Looking for a way to bypass that landed me here. I'm going to try having someone buy the business and attempt to fire her but maybe she comes with the chair the way Breakdancer and Firedancer do? Unlike those, this one is named.

Since Freetime took away npc interactions allowing us to add them to a household, how would we even do it? And more to the point, if it's possible, then how to know if it's a game breaker or not?

RE: The Social Worker. In my very first Sims 2 hood in my 2nd played family ever, in a squeaky clean uncorrupted game, I placed Chester in a custom hood and the Matchmaker sent him the Socialworker for his date. This was back in 2007 and while she might have corrupted the hood with her face that looks as if it ran into a wall and passed along to all her many children, she married twice, had around 8 kids and died several generations later. She played like any of my other sims. The hood is still my primary hood to this day. (fingers crossed) Maybe when she's summoned as a date the system creates some sort of playable character?? Otherwise I can't explain it. Sure wish we could ask the devs sometimes.
Inventor
#267 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 9:15 PM
I've never seen a definitive answer on the safety of the hairdressers. Although I could have missed that in this very thread , wouldn't surprise me. They do have a name , but ( as you mentioned) seem to lack normal interaction capabilities , which is a big red flag. I wouldn't suggest using this for the hairdresser in question , but an easy ( and very versatile) means of moving sims in is with Inge's teleporter cat from Simlogical. As far as turning the hairdresser (or any sim) into a townie , that can be done with the teleporter cat also. I wouldn't advise it in this case , again too much of an unknown risk factor , from my limited knowledge. I turn standard , safe NPC's (maids , bartenders, gardeners, newspaper delivery , repair people etc ) into townies all the time , they have great skill sets to start with. I also recently discovered that you can hire an NPC , such as a maid, mail delivery , barista etc, again the safe ones, at a player owned business and they will retain their NPC duties as well as appearing at the business that hired them . So if you promote one of them to manager at the business , you really get an opportunity to control and flesh out the character of an NPC without the hassle of making them a playable. NPC's that have coded behavior , such as mascots, drama professors , or even " mail bag arm" will retain some , or all , of those quirks no matter what status you may change them to.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#268 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerflower
Maybe when she's summoned as a date the system creates some sort of playable character?? Otherwise I can't explain it. Sure wish we could ask the devs sometimes.

Nope. Though she did have her own sim file anyway. The game modifies that when NPC sims are bought into play. Generally, it's a bad idea to marry in non-named NPCs.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#269 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 3:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback and info from you both. The problem with Freetime making service npc's uncallable is that it also removes the ability to use the "interact test". With Freetime installed my service npc's are no longer fully interactable OR callable including the mail carrier (Only Flirt/Talk/Influence available). Maybe with the simswardrobe hack in place they'll be interactable when called over but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

I think if buying the salon and trying to fire the npc so she's no longer a service npc doesn't work, I'll let the relationship deteriorate for the safety of the hood.

On a related note there's something similar I encountered recently that might also cause issues for those of us using the Matchmaker. I started playing one of the Maxis hoods recently along with my custom hood. All the Maxis families are back in the bin as my Pleasantview's never been really played.

The Pleasantview Matchmaker delivered the grandmother from a family STILL in the bin as my sim's date. If he'd wooed and won her during the date I could conceivably have had a sim join a family that had never been added to the game which sounds like a really bad idea. This reinforces what I'm hearing about the Matchmaker not being a good test for sim playability. Thanks again for the responses!
Mad Poster
#270 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 4:37 AM
If they're in the family bin, they're in the neighborhood. You can bring home family bin children from school, and employed family bin members like Julian Cooke and Samantha Ottomas, from work, and there's no issue. The problem is with sims that don't have full character data, or whose character data are in the installation rather than the game files. Neither of these things is true of the family bin families.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#271 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 8:27 PM
Is it safe to move in the Pack Leaders? I've read that it's likely safe to move in the matchmaker, despite there being no option to move her in by proposing. Also, I've read somewhere that it's possible for the Pack Leaders to father puppies. Has anyone done this, and has it resulted in hood corruption?
Test Subject
#272 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 9:48 AM
Good to hear about the bin families. I had a moment of panic yesterday when I realized I'd accidentally farmed a teen from a Maxis bin family using the Send Sims to College function in the University hood.
#273 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 11:28 AM
I never went ahead and tried to romance Rod Humble, and it wasn't exactly at the top of my priority list, but now that I know it's impossible I feel kind of bummed.

I guess he gets filed under "Teases you want but can never have", second only to Tutorial Joe.

Thanks for the info, though. I was aware of most of these but there have been a few surprises. No social worker booty for my sims, c'est la vie.
Field Researcher
#274 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 4:53 PM
Does anyone know anything about christianlov's All-in-One NPCs and Nanny? Because I had one of my women marry a A-i-O yesterday and then had afterthoughts about the corruption. I am very careful about hood corruption ('paranoid' is a better word for it, actually. On my old computer I was continually losing hoods, and it has made me suspicious). I have a back-up since before I started playing last night, so I just want to know whether I need to use it or not. I hope some of you guys know, as you all seem to be very knowledgeable =)
Test Subject
#275 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 10:51 PM
I can say that DJs appear to be ok to move in.

One of my sims has a high relationship with one and the option "Propose>Move in" appeared.

So far, DJ acts as a normal family member (can have baby, make love in bed/cars etc.).

Only thing different is the game seems to have spawned a new DJ in his place.

P.s. am I the only one thinking that a Webmaster should rename this thread? It should be something like:
"NPCs That are Safe to Add to a Household" or something along those lines.

Explain to me... What is justice.. What is right.... ~ Someday -Kingdom Mix-
-------------
This conversation can serve no purpose anymore... Goodbye. ~ HAL 9000
Page 11 of 18