Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 4:10 PM
Default Upload items - Lot with store contents
Hi o/

On the advice of someone of the site, I would like to try to upload a lot I built on the site... First of all, English is not my native language, so I am sorry if I don't understand everything at first o/

I read the Creator Guidelines about what not to upload, but I want to be sure to not upload things I can't.
In the lot I created, I used a lot of items which come from the Store, like the Greenhouse, the L stairs from Art Studio, objects from Hidden Springs, Monte Vista or Sunlit Tides... It is written "EA Store content, linked to the legitimate EA Store, is okay though." but even if there are a lot ? xD and I have to link to all the contents from the Store I used ?

I also used objects from the site (I don't think that's a problem) but also objects from other Sims downloading sites, do I have to mention it as well ?

My last question is : is it pertinent/relevant to upload a house with a lot of Store items ? I think a lot of people would be reluctant to download because of the Green House roof that must be bought from the Store and may be difficult to replace, or to download in the game objects they don't really want (for example I used a lot of flowers in the garden which are from another site).

I read the part which is talking about CUSTARD, should I use it ? (or is it off-topic ?)

To conclude : I have no idea at all if I should worry or not about this o/ I just do not want to do something bad while uploading something, this is the first time I do that. And I want to be sure I understood what I read x)

Thank you in advance o/
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 9:33 PM
Hi!

I guess this thread would have been better off in the creator issues forums.

Anyway it's okay to include any content with your download as long as you mention it in your description. So basically 'OBJECT by USERNAME: LINK' and so on. For store items, I wouldn't link a free store item blog But just simply to the store item's page. So something like' STORE ITEM: LINK".
So basically, you have to mention everything that you're included within your lot
dodgy builder
#3 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 10:17 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 17th Mar 2017 at 11:24 PM.
It's a bit of the problem with custom content or store content. ALL has to be listed. People may not download it all, but for store content and package files, if they don't download it will be missing from the house.

Sims3pack files should follow the download, but you still have to link it ALL.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 3:28 AM
Hi Pierre-8
From a lot builders perspective, I can tell you that the more cc or store items you use, the fewer people will want to download it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use what you want, but if you can substitute something from the game instead, that is better. Free cc is also more accepted by people than store items.

I have a house on MTS that has store and cc items, if you want an example of how to list it: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=571691

Finally, there is a forum where you can post pictures to get some feedback on your lot: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612
Or, if you check my signature, there is a link for a group that can help you through the upload process. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:11 AM
Hello o/

Thanks for your answers ^^ sorry for not posting in the right place I wasn't sure where to go x)

I am gonna see what to do, when I built the house, I didn't indend at all to upload it so now it is not that easy o/
I think I am gonna try to remove all Store or Custom contents I can (particularly Store items), in order to be "more downloadable" ^^ and people will be able to freely decorate the house as they wish too o/
And maybe I'll post some pictures on the feedback forum, thanks for the link ^^

Thanks again ^^