Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 10:31 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 6th Dec 2014 at 5:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Oh, my parents are rich (Well around the level of the sims living in Victorian SV) so they don't have money issues. I'm guessing you're one of these poorish people that has to go to their boyfriend's home or at work to be at a computer. Well the beauty of TS2 or TS3 is that anyone of any social class can play it, just identifying with different families. The bunches are not hillbillies. They live in a well-off part of town, and not in a mountain. Some of their children might have some "personality issues" but that does'nt make them hillbillies. And yeah, Curiouses\Capps are in Strangetown & Veronaville respectively, where they do things differently i presume.

I'm not sure if you know this, but you're coming off quite rudely and stuck up...
I would stop making assumptions if I were you. It was rude that you presumed my Mum "just wanted babies with other men" but I chalked it up to you just being younger than me and quite Naive.
Money problems doesn't require me being 'poor', millionaires can divorce over 'money problems'. My Mum actually comes from a very upper middle-class family (and had very similar attitudes about divorce and such as you seem to). From what I know the tipping point of their relationship was when my Dad inherited some money and didn't tell my Mum, nothing to do with how rich or poor we were (and for future reference, you can't just decide 'why people broke up' from 1 bit of information, there are lots of factors for why a long-term relationship ends, sometimes people who were once compatible find out they no longer are. Your future marriage or your parents marriages could end in 10 years or 90 and it might not be anyone's fault). My parents moved in together quite young (17 & 19) when they had my older sister (*which at the time was a totally normal thing to finish high school and then go off and get married and have kids), and I imagine that was quite tough for them at first, and I know they couldn't afford a washing machine for the first year. However we've had a family computer since I was about 6 (before then there was one in my parents bedroom that I wasn't allowed to touch) and back then that was a totally normal thing (unlike today, my little brother is 11 and wont stop whining about wanting an iPhone) - In fact people use to call my livingroom the "internet cafe" because we had 3 computers in it (my computer, my sisters and the family computer, as well as Mum's laptop) and now I live with my boyfriend and continue to have a working laptop, one dedicated just for Sims 2, one dedicated to Sims 1 (Apple iMac G3 - One of the most beautiful computers ever) and my boyfriends laptop. I'm certainly not worse off than anyone else I know and considering I still have my Student Finance and half of my scholarship money saved up, I'd say I was quite a few thousand pounds (£) better off than fellow students.

*shrugs* To me I saw the Bunches as the stereotypical southern family I see on tv. Being that the Dad wears a vest (which I've often heard being referred to as a "wife beater"), the mother looks like the typical 'soccer Mom', the daughter with plats (Braids?) in her hair in what can be seen as a slightly relieving outfit and a few other factors. As someone outside of the culture of America, I can't say for certain that that's the type of family EA were going for, but being that what I know about America is from Tv and video-games, that's just the vibe they gave off. Then again, being that the Brokes are living in a trailer and it's implied Brandi loves having a big family, as well as The Ottomas family (Brandi and Samantha both being like the face of family aspiration sims), I guess it's easier for me to notice things to enforce my "EA aren't big fans of people with lots of children" rather than challenging my own opinion. However, I recently sat down and thought about the Newsons - a family that's reasonably big and aren't exactly in any way depicted as being a stereotypical southern family. There are a few other examples, but most Sims who have more than 2 kids have adult children so I don't really count that as part of my theory.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#103 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:01 PM
Uh, so it went like your mom discovering there was more money than possible in her bank account, your dad had no time to tell her, and she thought there was something wrong with it? Is'nt that a good thing or what? I'd just pass that off as there being a Watcher that used Motherlode or something. If it happened to my parents they'd BOTH inherit together.

The money that was inherited also got spent. My Dad was pretty young and selfish back then and spent all the money on himself instead of sharing it with my Mother and buying things their house needed. I know I'd be pissed if I was married and my husband had inherited money and spent it all on himself even though we had two young daughters to look after.
Luckily it turns out my Great-Grandma kept a secret bank account thing for me (and a separate one for my older sister), since I was born to be inherited when I turned 16. Never got round to getting that money... I wonder if it's still gaining interest.

Mad Poster
#105 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:34 PM
In reference to the original question:

No. Neither my first name NOR my surname.

What makes me smile (kindly), is that I've also tried a bunch of name generators, and I STILL can't generate either name. Odd ... I get what I consider far more unusual names than mine, but not my name. Oh well. Thanks to CAS and creating townies, I can generate a whole bunch of Sims with any combination I can think of concerning my first and last name, if I like. In that regard, all is right with my Sims world.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:37 PM
I'm an Aromantic Asexual. (Is there someone like that in TS2? There might be. )

And yeah it seems like they were going for "Right-out of a 1970's American Family-comedy Show" with the Bunches.

I have quite a few asexual sims. Nervous Subject is often seen as asexual, but in my game he's married to Pascal. Of the top of my head I can't really think of any others, because I often force my sims to get married and have babies because.... babies are cute, and I like looking at genetics.

...Don't get me started on my love of American sitcoms

Quote:
Wonder if something like that will happen with my parents but perhaps not.

Hopefully not, but then again like I said - there's loads of things that contribute towards the end of a relationship, so if something bad happens chances are they won't just get a divorce over it.

Field Researcher
#108 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 12:17 AM
I've never seen a Sim with my first or last name, which is probably because one is British and one is Polish and the names in the game seem quite American usually. However, my middle name is Belle, which is one letter off a certain missing Sim...
Mad Poster
#109 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 1:55 AM
I'm an Aromantic Asexual. (Is there someone like that in TS2? There might be. )

Sorry if it's a personal question, but if you never ask you don't learn. I know what asexual means, but what is aromantic? You can't ever fall in love or have feelings of love towards somebody?
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 1:55 PM
Funnily enough, I can't recall ever seeing a sim named "Billy" which is probably one of the most common names. My last name, which is pretty normal, has never been used in the game. It's probably because it's not EA's list of names.
Instructor
#111 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 4:55 AM
I met a man named Gordon King today.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 3:26 AM
I have not seen a Sylas yet, (Or a Silas) so I suppose it's not in the list of names. I imagine name mods have it in there though.
Page 5 of 5