Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 8:40 PM
Default Saddest Sim's stories.
My saddest sim story is when a mom abandoned her children for wealth and power.

Its pretty fun. She had about 6 children, and she lived in a small 2 bedroom house. She is a romance sim, so she woohoo's with allot of men which leads to allot of children. Her first child was a girl, now she is a teenager. She had twins, and another set of twins after wards. Then she had another child after. The mom never really liked her kids, she would spend the least amount of money and attention on them. The mom had a culinary job, and due to being late so often, she was fired. She always slept or had affairs with other men, while the teenaged daughter would take care of the kids. (And thats A LOT of kids to take care of, but she cared about them so much).
Since the mom has a hatred towards children, especially her own, she would argue and get into many fights with her daughter. It made the daughter depressed, and sad. She would cry very often. One night, the mom was tired of being a mother. So, when all her kids were sleeping, she went to find her own place with a wealthy man she had an affair with. She left her kids with nothing, not even a penny. Now the daughter's dreams of going to college are ruined, she is stuck caring for her siblings. They also have been getting visits from the repo man allot, since the daughter didn't have money. She couldn't go to school or get a job either, since she couldn't leave the kids alone and she couldn't afford a nanny.

This is probably the saddest sim's gameplay I ever played. I'm definitely still not done with this story, its an experiment to see what will happen in the end. What's your saddest sim's story?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 9:02 PM
Haven't had a lot of them; I'm the kind of guy who can't stand a sad ending. But here is my saddest

Hector and Kenneth had been together for years. They had been through a lot together, fighting with their families and against adversity, until finally coming to settle in the quiet town of Four Corners. They were joined together and they adopted a little boy named Denny. Sometime later, they adopted another little boy named Dennis. Hecky and Kenny worked well together, and they balanced each other out, Hector being a serious, responsible businessman and Kenneth being a more playful, and easy-going athlete. Then, one day, something horrible happened; a social worker showed up. They'd ignored the repeated warnings about their kids' homework and so Denny and Dennis were taken away. It broke their hearts, because they were Family sims and since they had lost them, they could never adopt again. Life lost its meaning then. They stopped eating, they stopped bathing and barely slept. Finally, they both died.

But, the story has a silver lining, because Dennis and Denny were able to get out foster care and live on their own, and they always carry their dads' love in their hearts.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM
The saddest story wasn't permanent. A sim mother just had her baby and went downstairs to make breakfast because she was pretty hungry, well while she was cooking the kitchen caught on fire and she passed out and subsequently starved to death leaving her new born and toddler with the father. Very sad time because the woman was well-liked and from a good family. I intended to leave her to rest however my game messed up four months later and my latest back up had her alive and history did not repeat itself - she is now alive and well and had another child - her oldest just went off to uni.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 1:04 AM
I haven't had many sad stories in my game yet, and when they do there's always a silver lining in how I play and interpret them. Turning on sappy mode for a moment, my life hasn't always been great and I've had some really rough patches, but none of that lasts. No matter how dark or awful things seemed, it's always resolved and life is bright and shiny again. It's happened enough times now that I fully believe things will clear up, no matter how shitty, so you just have to endure the shitty as best you can, learn from it, and look forward to the rewards in the end. Shitty times give you perspective, and teach you important things, so I am grateful for the shitty times. End of sappy mode.

Why I am talking about all that sappy hooha? Because it translates to how I play the game. I may put a Sim through something painful or sad, but there's always going to be a reward for enduring it. Nothing is going to be pure bad with no resolve or improvement. Partly because it's not how I experience life, and partly because Sims is my escape from the crap that happens to others around me that I can't stop.

The saddest I can think of right now is Adela Bailie. She met Johan at University, and fell hard for him. She was family, he was pleasure/popularity. He wasn't entirely up to it, but Adela was well-off from her parents, and nice enough, so he decided to propose to get a hold of everything she had. He graduated first, and moved to an apartment. He had many other friends, some of which he'd flirt with. Adela moved into a house when she graduated, and decided to adopt a girl as she always wanted a child and Johan wasn't up for it yet. Johan stayed in his apartment, to not confuse the girl, but eventually when she got older they married and he moved in. By then Johan had a steady lover, another pleasure/popularity that he really hit it off with. Adela wanted a child of her own, and after a while found herself pregnant. She was promoted at work, and got sent home early that day. She found Johan in the bedroom with his lover. The shock of the experience lead to her losing the pregnancy.

Silver lining: The miscarriage made her mind up to tell Johan to pack it and get the eff out of her life. She quit her job, and switched to her dream career. And eventually, got woo-ed by young Alex Sernman, the step-brother of her daughters boyfriend. Alex always had a thing for her, but was very young in comparison. It took some convincing before Adela was open to relationships (and with such an age difference), but eventually they married. Adela is about to age up to elder, but fortunately had time to give birth to a baby boy. Being cheated on and miscarrying sucked, but she's better off now.
#5 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 1:14 AM
A little while after Nightlife had come out I wrote a short story complete with tons of dialogue that I don't remember except for crucial parts and was on a computer I no longer own.

Lilith Pleasant runs away after declaring she hates everyone and can no longer stand living with mediocre abusers. In doing so she inadvertently gets turned into a vampire while scrounging around downtown for leftover food. For the first year she's all depressed, angry, and suicidal over her new life because she can't blame anyone for her mistake this time. It's not until she sees her ex Dirk getting thrown out of the back of a restaurant after being fired from his job that she realizes that there's a potential bright light to all of this. She now has the ability to watch from afar all the pain and suffering.

So that's what she does for the next few decades, she watches the town go through all it's triumphs and tragedies, greatly relishing in the tragedies though because she has the mindset that they all deserve it for her crappy life. Through all this she begins to take great glee in knowing that she will be around far longer then everyone else as they soon all die off one by one. To her it's her personal triumph, that she persevered over everyone else in living the longest.

Then one night it all changes. She sees an old woman stumbling around in a dark corner of the park and is about to make a meal of her when the old woman clumsily falls over. The old woman thanks her when she helps her up telling her she recently moved back to Pleasantview after living abroad after college not wanting to come back. Lilith perfectly understands that and asks why she would even consider it giving her age and health. The woman sadly tells her that she's near the end and came back to repent for sins of her past and one final look at the town she calls home. Not wanting to get caught up, but curious anyways Lilith asks what kind of sins this kind old woman could have committed and she reveals that in her teens she had not been a very nice person and had done horrible things to someone who in her heart of hearts had considered her soulmate, not in love but by blood. Lilith then realizes that this old woman was Angela.

Not revealing who she is for she thought Angela would have recognized her by now, but by all chances was probably senile she let her tell her all about her life, the things she had done, the places she had been; and the great pain and remorse for the sister she had lost but had never forgotten through the years. It had been her last hope in coming home and hoping to find some closure of what might have happened to Lilith but the case had never been solved and Angela was out of time.

As they were sitting on the bench Lilith could tell it was near time, but still couldn't bring herself to say anything out of decades of pride and hurt that had turned to stone cold resolution to never feel again. They sat in silence for a few moments until Angela placed her hand over Lilith's, put her head on Lilith's shoulder and thanked her. Not for listening to an old woman, but for forgiving a sister. Lilith couldn't speak, but simply held her and she passed a few moments later.

Lilith then finally understood that her life that she thought was perfect and better now that she had rid herself of her past was nothing more than a pretentious empty void. For what was immortality if she would never know the feelings of love that only a family could provide. She had spent decades watching them all live their lives and waiting for her revenge to be complete when they passed on, but had never given it a thought that it would mean she would be completely alone for eternity. So she spent the night holding her dear sister and waiting for it. And as the sun rose she made a promise to the sky that she would do better by them in the next life and slowly turned to stone.

And it is now in a forgotten, overgrown corner of the park that a statue of a woman holding a old lady sitting on a bench resides. For the bond once broken now rebuilt in the span of hours had turned Angela to stone as well.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 1:25 AM
James was a single Sim who adopted a child. The social worker dropped his new toddler off the next day. Later that same evening, James put the toddler in his high chair and started cooking dinner. It caught fire. James put his son outside and went back in to put the fire out, but he failed and was killed. The baby went into aspiration failure and sobbed for what seemed like hours until the social worker returned and took him back to the adoption pool. He had a parent for less than a day.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 2:23 AM
I dont have a lot of sad gameplay stories, as they usually tend to go on and on, usually on a happy note. I don't like to kill off characters ingame, or make the social worker come and take kids, or whatever.

One of my saddest sim-related stories is probably the background I wrote for two of my story characters, Jeffery and Yvette. The two of them used to be very good friends, working together at the same hospital. Then, Jeffery's daughter, Josie, got sick with an aggressive brain tumor. Despite Jeffery being a neurosurgeon, he couldn't do anything to save her. Yvette as the girl's oncologist had to make a very difficult choice. Try experimental treatment that Jeffery was pushing on her, knowing it wasn't going to work and that it would only make Josie suffer more, or stop the treatment and let the child die, something that Yvette knwe would happen anyway. Josie died only a short while later, in the arms of her father. Jeffery never managed to forgive Yvette for the choice she made. Even if she stood by that it had been the right choice, Yvette never managed to forgive herself for what happened. She realized that she shouldn't have children of her own, out of fear of some day getting into the same situation as her former friend. Outward, she used the excuse that having kids took up too much time and wouldn't fit into the life of a career woman. Still, every time she saw happy families, the knot in her belly grew tighter. And yet, every time she saw yet another sick or dying kid in her work, she knew she was making the right choice. She just couldn't bear to see her own child in those that were dying, like Jeffery now did. Every child was like a new Josie to him, and every time one of them died, the hole in his heart would only grow bigger.

The two of them were at first meant to be background characters fluttering by, without any story to them, but I liked them so much that they expanded quite a lot as characters. Tends to happen when my characters start to grow on me...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 12:25 PM
I tend to play a game of 'little tragedies' where bad things happen often, but small ones.

My current tragedy was the story of Juliette Capp, who became pregnant with Romeo Monty's baby, so Consort forced her to marry into the Tricou family before the baby was born. Not a huge tragedy yet, but little Philip Capp is going to grow up to be rejected by his family and probably very poor as a result. Another is Rick Contrary, who was originally just a teenager in a angsty mood, but Angela Pleasant liked this 'bad boy' and encouraged him to get worse and worse (he's enemies with 6 people at the moment), I'm planning on getting them married - and for him to ignore her baby with Dustin Broke, or be enemies with it too.

Another tragedy is quite a big one, one I had in another neighbourhood, the family were called The 'Wolverhamptons' and They were originally more of an experiment just to see how much money my Sims would save if they didn't have kids until later in life. So I made a man, can't remember his name, but he married a young woman, and as soon as he became an elder, he finally started trying for a baby. 3 miscarriages later and Sofia was born. Sadly while she was a toddler, the young woman died in a fire. He went on to remarry a golddigger named Annette, who then had 3 children with him. Soon after, he died of old age. Leaving Sofia in a house with Annette who didn't like her (they would slap each other constantly). Annette then remarried, and went to live with the man and his 2 sons from a previous marriage. Sofia was left to raise her younger half-siblings. To get revenge, she then had an affair with Darryl (Annette's newest husband), but became pregnant herself. I had trouble keeping up with her needs as well as her younger siblings, and after giving birth she then died of hunger - leaving her younger brother who had just become a teenager to raise it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 1:17 PM
For these stories we need OMG button here...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:08 PM
I've had a good number of depressing stories in my hood (although some of the truly depressing story-lines I've pondered never came to pass), but the Picaso family probably wins (although there is a bit of a happy ending):

Matthew and Jessica were newlyweds and had just welcomed their first child, a daughter named Beatrix, when Mathew's absent-mindedness led to a fire and Matthew was burned to death trying to put it out. His death left the young family devastated, mentally and financially. Jessica had a breakdown; she lost her house, her job, and was forced to move with Beatrix into a shack on the outskirts of town. There, she befriended Abbey Oates, another single mother down-on-her-luck. The two became friends and occasional lovers, but neither Abbey's friendship or her love for Beatrix could fill the tremendous loss she had for Matthew. Despondent, she dropped Beatrix off with Abbey to babysit and went back to her shack, where she killed herself.

Jessica and Matthew's story doesn't have a happy ending, but Beatrix's and Abbey's does. Abbey turned to her inner strength, embraced the role of foster mother and raised both Beatrix and her own daughter into successful adults, as well as finding career success and new love, dying of old age as a successful and beloved wife, mother, and grandmother. Orphaned Beatrix went to college and while her life had its own challenges and set-backs, she's now a successful doctor in a fulfilling and happy relationship.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:15 PM
I recently had an elderly couple die on the exact same day! Once they aged after6 pm (I knew were going to go any time soon, because their age bar was almost full. Though, I also thought that they might get a few extra days since an elder did already pass away before them, but nope!), the Grim Reaper showed, which I expected that he'd only take one of them, but once he was done with the wife, he went over to the husband.

It was truly devastating for their son, who was at their house a long with his family. Once they were all dead, their graves were shipped of to Townie Place('s) First Cemetery, though I had to get them, back to the son's house for mourning, and then back to the cemetery for the final farewell.

Another "moment" would be when Remington Harris, yes, THE Remington Harris passed away from illness, which apparently, I somehow allowed to infect him for 10 days. Once I entered his lot, he wakes up, and starts holding his throat. He's the first sim in my neighborhood who passed away from reasons other than old age (he was an elder).
Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 4:39 PM
I don't remember the name of the people in this family as this was years ago, but it was a married couple who wanted to have children since both were family. They tried again and again and couldn't get pregnant. Then finally, the woman did get pregnant and managed to carry to the second term before she miscarried. After this, she was able to get pregnant fairly easily but would miscarriage, once just an hour before she was due to give birth. The couple did manage to have one son, but afterwards had about five more miscarriages. One morning, the woman woke up tot he sound of the fire alarm, and mad eit to the kitchen just in time to see her husband and son both die in a fire. A couple hours later, she learned she was pregnant through yet another miscarriage. She was in depression for a long time and aged up to elder in the red. In the end, she killed herself because she just couldn't carry the pain of losing so many of those she loved...

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:28 PM
Just like the 'real world', my sims go through hard times whether its a miscarriage, unplanned pregnancy, a violent death or living in poverty their entire lives. But one memory sticks out at the moment.

Cameron had just lost his mom and his dad didn't have much time left . There was no way that George would live long enough to meet any grandchildren so Cameron and his fiance moved up their wedding date so George could at the very least watch his son get married. The wedding was set and everything was prepared but right as everyone was on their way to the alter, George was stopped midway by Death and didn't get to see his son get married after all.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:15 PM
Well, I don't have many sad sim stories and when I do, they always have happy endings, but here is my favorite one. (I blame ACR & letting my sims do their own thing >.<)

Lucy has always been a disappointment to her parents growing up and they always had fights with her, especially her mother - she never liked her since Lucy didn't do what her mother wanted her to do, she has always forced her to do the things she didn't get to do as a young woman and deep down in her heart she had hatred for her own and only daughter. She has always thought that Lucy had the perfect life but, she didn't deserve it. When Lucy became a young woman she was amazingly beautiful, and her mother hated her even more for that. She later forced her to marry a handsome young man named David but Lucy didn't want to, she didn't like him and didn't even feel comfortable with him but as she was forced, she had to. She never felt comfortable with her husband but David had a secret, a dirty dirty secret.

When Lucy would go to sleep he would call a different woman each day and have affairs, the bad thing for Lucy is that she started to like him. But one day Lucy found out so he told the woman to go home and since that day, he started abusing her daily and even though he was unemployeed and the only way they made money was through Lucy's job, he didn't care about it or even about anything, he continued doing this till one day Lucy found out she was pregnant - she was angry and sad, how could she let him do this? - He still didn't care and continued abusing her. But one day while the pregnant Lucy was cleaning the frontyard, a handsome man was walking by, he saw her struggling a little since she was tired, and pregnant so he helped her then introuduced him self. months passed and Lucy gave birth to a babygirl named Arianna (who was amazingly stunning maybe even the prettiest sim I have ever seen), she knew it was wrong since she's married and David got her pregnant again and she is almost giving birth but she has always wanted revenge, so she flirted with him a bit and he accepted it so she went ahead and had her first kiss with him. A few months later she had a babyboy named Connor (who was the most handsome boy I have even seen too!) and through all these years David has been still abusing her. But Lucy had enough! She had to end it, she finally gathered her courage and broke up with him and told him to get out of her house that she built herself without his help! Lucy later got married to him.. (I actually forgot his name, oops?) and had one more child, Matt. And they lived happily ever after!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:36 PM
<digs into popcorn, settles comfortably>

What?

What?

It's like a cross between Grimm's Fairy Tales and Dallas in here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc