Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:10 AM
Default Show off your simmies!
The title says it all! Whether you made them or they were born in game, show them off in this thread

This is my newest creation, Gianna:

I made her because I was in CAS, thinking about what kind of sim I wanted to make next, and realized that I rarely make 1. black sims and 2. sims with unnatural colored hair (not that I have anything against the 2, but it's just not something that comes to mind when I'm playing). So I decided to step out of my comfort zone, and I'm glad I did! She's so gorgeous and I'm in love. :lovestruc Now I'm going to make a list of sims that I don't usually make, and combine a few of the ideas to make some new unique sims :D

Anyway, go ahead and show off your sims! :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:36 AM
This should be moved to sims 2 picture forum..and your sim is very pretty!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This should be moved to sims 2 picture forum..and your sim is very pretty!

Whoops! o.o If a mod could kindly move it, that'd be appreciated!

And thank you :lovestruc
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:14 AM
That sim is not black, it is a white sim with a very dark tan lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
That sim is not black, it is a white sim with a very dark tan lol

She looks a lot darker in my game, the in game screenshot capture thing isn't very good But yeah, for some reason I tend to not make any sims other than white sims (like I said, I'm not racist but it's just not something I think about) hopefully I'll change that soon

Also, I have cousins that are half African, and they look like they're just tanned. So maybe my sim is like that
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:33 AM
The Sims is a sandbox. What constitutes a black Sim is up to the player, not the world we live in (which is what I assume you are thinking of, in terms of facial features and such).
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
The Sims is a sandbox. What constitutes a black Sim is up to the player, not the world we live in (which is what I assume you are thinking of, in terms of facial features and such).

Exactly! Thank you for reminding me, to me that is not a black sim. =]
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:54 AM
No need to bring real race into it, sims have no race. They can be green with pink pock-a-dots and come from the planet Zob if you so choose. Whatever 'race' she is in the players head, that is what she is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 2:15 AM
Thanks everyone! To me she's black though it is true that the sims have no race! Just skin tones
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:26 AM
No races on Earth come with green hair hehe.
Theorist
#11 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 2:41 PM
Lovely Sim, Scklsy.

And there is nothing that can dampen the mood of something that it supposed to be fun and lighthearted (the game) more than bringing up real life things, such as race. Might as well throw politics and religion in there as well.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:53 PM
Humans don't have races, either. They're an artificial category created for outmoded and illegitimate reasons.

And this thread doesn't even belong in the Pictures forum, because all those threads are for showing off your simmies! I recommend you put her in the "Female Sims" thread.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#13 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:57 PM
Gianna is a cutie patootie, scksly !!

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Humans don't have races, either. They're an artificial category created for outmoded and illegitimate reasons.

I agree, but people use the term when they really mean nationalities and cultures simply because it's a word that is used widely. If it's correct or not is another thing and of course it isn't correct.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I agree, but people use the term when they really mean nationalities and cultures simply because it's a word that is used widely. If it's correct or not is another thing and of course it isn't correct.

And it's silly, lazy, and skin-tone based. By that metric, the sim above is certainly black.

She looks more multi-racial to me--like Pres. Obama is.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:34 PM
That is what wrong with this world, people need to "stop" this skin color game, if we all bleed no matter who we are or where in the world you will only see "one" color RED.
I agree 100 % percent with Peni Griffin comments in post # 12 anyway the Sim in the picture is cute.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:51 PM
Guys, I made this thread so people could share pictures of their sims. Not so that people could talk about skin color. If you really want to, take it to the Debate Room please
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scklsy
Guys, I made this thread so people could share pictures of their sims. Not so that people could talk about skin color. If you really want to, take it to the Debate Room please

The Debate Room isn't even the right place for that.

If you want to share pictures from your sims 2 games, you need to use the Sims 2 Pictures section. Pictures for reference can be shared in the discussion section for TS2. The Debate Room is for general topics debates, which have nothing to do with TS2.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:35 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Nov 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Thing is when you post things like pictures or questions in the plain old 'Sims Discussion' area you are going to get discussion of things you never intended because that's how this board works. if you want to make a picture thread which is actually for pictures you need to make it under the Sims 2 Pictures area.

edit: stupid spell check.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:48 PM
But anyways, keep in mind that anyone, might, will..give their opinion on whatever post, thread they want. I see "disagree" on children pictures...go figure!

You post..you deal with it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
The Debate Room isn't even the right place for that.

If you want to share pictures from your sims 2 games, you need to use the Sims 2 Pictures section. Pictures for reference can be shared in the discussion section for TS2. The Debate Room is for general topics debates, which have nothing to do with TS2.

I was just making a general statement so people would stop arguing in a thread I made for fun, not to cause drama.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But anyways, keep in mind that anyone, might, will..give their opinion on whatever post, thread they want. I see "disagree" on children pictures...go figure!

You post..you deal with it.

I don't mind getting disagrees, If they really have a problem with it and don't have the guts to post themselves about it, that's their issue, not mine
Meet Me In My Next Life
#23 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:43 AM Last edited by Simonut : 16th Nov 2014 at 3:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Scklsy
I don't mind getting disagrees, If they really have a problem with it and don't have the guts to post themselves about it, that's their issue, not mine

@>>Scklsy>> Just so you know If you "do Not" like the directions that this thread is going or have taken or if you think it is off subject, you as the original poster can always edit and delete the whole post or thread. Then it will be done with and all comments will be gone.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:05 AM
Deleting threads is a shame though, because then it's gone forever and anything said is lost. It's the internet, you have zero control over where things go. Just embrace it! If necessary, there are mods to handle things.

Besides, I think the things said here are important things. Most of us love this game because it is a sandbox and we have the choice of making our own rules, inventing our own society and leaving the world we live in outside the computer. Anyone who is a regular knows I am a defender of the right to disagree, but there are ways and ways to do so.