Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 16th May 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:46 AM by Christy1077

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 13
Test Subject
#126 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:43 PM
Can you do or are you allowed to do a game hack where they can woohoo with more than one person?

Also a game hack where you can actually see them woohoo. I think it would be more fun.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsLadyJ
Can you do or are you allowed to do a game hack where they can woohoo with more than one person?

The game currently does not allow for such "personal" interactions with more than one person. All such interactions use a hard coded invisible object that only supports two people. This object supports the sync of the animations, and other critical events. Maybe one day we will be able to at least "fake" something, with new animations, but for now, only two people per woohoo.

Quote: Originally posted by MrsLadyJ
Also a game hack where you can actually see them woohoo. I think it would be more fun.

Not yet, we would need to be able to make new animations, but we cannot do that yet. It should not be far off, so we may have "adult" animations in the near future. This is an often requested thing, and many, many people are working very hard to make it happen. Remember that custom animations were not available for the Sims 1 for a long, long time after release. And even then there was only one program that allowed you to create/modify animations, and the creator of that program had some inside help from Maxis.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:34 AM
I know i private messaged you, but i wanted to post it here so the response can go here if applicable,

In my game the options of woohooing with people not in love with your sim comes up, but if i have them try to woohoo they throw a fit and wont do it!
Do you know why this could be?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katiebface1
I know i private messaged you, but i wanted to post it here so the response can go here if applicable,

In my game the options of woohooing with people not in love with your sim comes up, but if i have them try to woohoo they throw a fit and wont do it!
Do you know why this could be?

It sounds like a conflict with another mod, I know Casual Romance/Woohoo can conflict, and I am sure there are others. If you have the casual romance mod you might try to take it out temporarly and see if that fixes things.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is to try and temporarly remove mods you think might conflict and see if that fixes it. Conflicts are a problem with all the more complicated mods right now, the mod community is working on ways to minimize this, but some conflicts are going to happen, expecially with mods that do much the same thing. They need to change the same code to control things like woohoo, and so "step" on each other.

Let me know if you find the conflicting mod, if I know what it is there may be something I can do to fix things.

Lizz
Test Subject
#130 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
Not yet, we would need to be able to make new animations, but we cannot do that yet. It should not be far off, so we may have "adult" animations in the near future. This is an often requested thing, and many, many people are working very hard to make it happen. Remember that custom animations were not available for the Sims 1 for a long, long time after release. And even then there was only one program that allowed you to create/modify animations, and the creator of that program had some inside help from Maxis.

I've only been into Sims from around last August so adult hacks where already avaliable. Roughly how long after the inital release of Sims was it before you could get SimPose (the program that allowed the above mentioned animations)
#131 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 7:31 PM
help
[COLOR=Sienna]Can anyone tell me how to install the hacks?

thanks
Harley[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MadisonPrincess
[COLOR=Sienna]Can anyone tell me how to install the hacks?

thanks
Harley[/COLOR]

Simply unzip (or unrar) your hacks in the downloads folder:
My documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Downloads.
If your game is new, you might not have the downloads folder. Just create it yourself.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 9:36 PM
Lizzlove, I've been using this hack for a few weeks and works smoothly in University! This is one the best mods I've ever used!!! I also have the risky woohoo and silent pregnancy mods, and one of my romance sim has been really busy sleeping with every sim she lays eyes on; and now she's pregnant and I don't even know who the father is, LOL! We'll have to wait until the baby is born to find out. I'm having so much fun! Thanks a lot!!
Test Subject
#134 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 10:46 PM
Default Works in Uni fine
Hi just want to say thanks, i have tested your bed in uni and it works fine, thanyou, one of my sims lifetime ambition is to woohoo with 20 different sims (tall order) but i figure if he gets most out of the way in uni he can settle down afterwards (thats how it really works anyway isnt it)
Test Subject
#135 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 2:29 AM
VERY useful. One of my Panic twins has been trying to get in to Titania's pants for weeks and, even though they loved each other, Titania would never do it! (Probably because of her family aspiration.) I used this and the girls ended up sleeping with various people at a party...it was like an orgy. XD
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 11:51 AM
exciting ass hell update!!!

I think it was the nude potty hack that was incompatible!

yeah! it works now! thanks for everything lizz you rock my world!
Test Subject
#137 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 4:25 PM
Default Works absolutely brilliant
Thanks so much for this! I have the EP (plus almost all hacks) and tried this and the hot tub dozens of times. No problems at all.

As most of my people are Romance Sims, it totally changed my game. Are you maybe planning on doing a Swinger Changing Booth for easier public woohoo? I'm sure it would be much appreicated.

Can't wait for your next mod - relaxing with fun factor. Will this mean that they will eventually woohoo spontaneously?
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 6:13 PM
Request: Please create a cloned bed or collection so that using the swinger’s bed is optional per lot as opposed to a global hack. -or- any other way to set this to a per-lot basis as opposed to global. ty
#139 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 12:10 AM
nice
are there anybeds without covers
Field Researcher
#140 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikky69hit1

you can use the search function here on the site, use the word 'transparent'.

CONTROL ALT DELETE.
Rest In Peace Mootilda.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikky69hit1

I have bad news for you. Even if you find such beds you won't be able to see anything, because sims really don't do ANYTHING under those covers. Don't be fooled by all the movement and silly sounds. The only thing that moves is the covers. I have a bed without covers and when they woohoo, sims dissappear and then reapear again in a painful looking position, and then they go to sleep.
Test Subject
#142 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 7:29 AM
Excellent work baby! Shagadellic!!!

(sorry, i've been watching lots of Austin Powers :P)
#143 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:44 PM
This should add some funk to the neighborhood! Thanks!
Test Subject
#144 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:44 PM
Default did it work
Quote: Originally posted by Zimuahaha
This is an awesome idea! It's so annoying to build up relationships to the point of BEING IN LOVE before the sims will finally woo-hoo. Hasn't Maxis ever heard of the one-night stand? Yeesh.

The only thing is that I have University, so I'm a little hesitant to install this hack since you don't have it. I'll check back to see if any Uni. players have problems.

please tell me if it worked??? (with uni)
Systemic Anomaly
#145 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikki220932
please tell me if it worked??? (with uni)
This mod has already been certified to work with the University EP by its author.
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:23 PM
Ooooo! This sound fun! :bump: I will try it right now!!!!

THANKS DUDE! :dance:
Field Researcher
#147 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 2:39 PM
Have been holding off on hacks myself since I went hack/mod-mad in Sims 1, but this one is a god-send. I have the Uni EP and have waited to see what the general consensus is before trying myself (after crashing my games countless times with Sims 1, bad memories) So, even though by now you've discerned all is probably pretty well with Uni/Ep compliance, I've d/l and will test myself tomorrow first chance I get. Thanks again for all your hard work. If it weren't for your tireless devotion (and the many mods like you) this game would not be anywhere near as exciting or as entertaining to play. Thanks ever so much again. I look forward to what comes next from that wonderfully talented brain of yours! *grins*
-Rav
Test Subject
#148 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 7:55 AM
I have been using in my game for a while and it works great :wow: . I have uni installed and have found no conflict with other hacks in my game. Thanks this really spiced up my sims lives especially those that want to do everyone lol.
Test Subject
#149 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:49 PM
Hmm, Great work! but a quick question, would this interfere with the SexPieMenus hack? (which simply changes whoohoo to "have sex" and try for baby to "have risky sex"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#150 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkness_Thrives
Hmm, Great work! but a quick question, would this interfere with the SexPieMenus hack? (which simply changes whoohoo to "have sex" and try for baby to "have risky sex"

No it should not, the swinger bed mod just changed the way the beds work, I did not change any menus. So SexPieMenus, and Sleep Naked should work just fine.

Lizz.
Page 6 of 13