Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:46 AM
Default Delphy's breast adjustment sliders help?
Hi, this is my first time making a forum post, so please go easy on me
I've gotten into sims 3 for a while now and since I don't have the money for sims 4, I just stick to the game prior because I at least already have all the expansion packs and patches for it.
Lately I've been recently getting Custom Content and it's amazing!
I downloaded several from a couple of Nraas ones to several slider mods.
However, I started to encounter some issues with Delphy's breast adjustment sliders.
I tried looking around for the problem I had with no luck, I decided to finally to maybe make a post about it to see if someone can help me or at least give me SOME information.
I have a Sim who's well endowed and while she looks fine in CAS, for some reason in game her breast just look weird.

In CAS

In Game

My Sim detail is set to Very High, I've tried several things such as uninstalling and reinstalling the mods, clearing the cache, using one mod at a time to see what affects them and even changing the shirt to see if that was the problem. No luck with any of them. I am running a MacBook Pro with Yosemite. So if anyone knows, that'd be a lot of help!

Also don't mind my username, I was annoyed that I had to make an account for this but now I feel kinda guilty because this isn't so bad, haha.
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:32 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 26th Apr 2015 at 5:36 AM. Reason: more info on the booby mod
Does she look like that in all tops? It looks like to me that her boobs are fighting with the fabric ... I am sure someone will be along with an answer soon - but in real life, I'd be advocating a more supportive bra ....

edited to add: I saw this on the breast slider download page

Known Issues:
Note that these do not work for all clothes. Some female clothing will not appear as larger breasts - this is due to the way the clothing is built. Additionally some meshes/clothing will look strange with larger breasts - this is not something I can fix, and, again, is due to the way the clothing is built

the link to the description is here
dodgy builder
#3 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 11:00 AM
Haha and now you have to come up with a joke to change the account name
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Haha and now you have to come up with a joke to change the account name
If leefish is still in charge you can also post a poem or funny story.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Deshong : 26th Apr 2015 at 2:01 PM.
I cannot see the screenshots you posted, however I do have Delphy's breast sliders and have not noticed much visual issues. This tidbit is from GnatGoSplat's T-Shirt mesh fix page description and may help you - This mod is no longer necessary as of patch 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2 or if you have Late Night installed because EA has fixed the T-shirt meshes (among others). My version does appear tighter and somewhat bustier than the EA fixed version, for what it's worth.

The link to that mod and another one may help you with all base game items, etc if you do not have it already:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=382317

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=460694

I'm going to guess you may not be patched to the required level to have received EA's fix. Yeah I totally don't read thoroughly. Well I do not know what the issue could be then. Is something outdated? Not compatible perhaps? You don't know have two mods trying to change the same things?

Here is my sim with EA's base game T-shirt using Delphy's breast sliders along with other breast sliders.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 3:24 PM
Thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately this happens with nearly all the shirts she wears, and again while they look fine in CAS, in game they look... well. Let me show you.

If you guys can't see any of these images, try clicking here:
http://imgur.com/a/QJwTF

I have the latest patch which is 1.67, I also have Late Night expansions as well as both GnatGoSplat's breast fix mods.
Thanks again for your time.
And heh, I'm not sure if I really do want to change my username since it's funny to me but I don't know if people would get offended or something
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:16 PM
Thanks for the link for the screenshots. There's a few other things I can think of.

What is the name of your video card and are the drivers updated to the latest version?

How far are you taking the breast sliders? By EA's default 256 is the max and -256 is the min capabilities of all sliders. Going too far beyond can cause distortions. Although I don't think that may be the case as in CAS it looks nothing like it does in-game but could be a possibility.

Do you have any issues with EA's breast slider too or just custom ones?
I've heard of some reapplying TS3 super patch to correct some issues. I've never done it before so I don't have any experience to share with you. I'm also not sure if that would fix the problem with the custom breast sliders. But always be sure to backup your sims, saved games and anything else when trying to troubleshoot among other times as well.

I don't know anything about Macs but I know some CC is not compatible with Macs but I don't think this is the case. Do you have this? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
Basically it pinpoints some but not all conflicts you may have with other CC in .package form.

This is used for the same purpose but only used for sims3packs: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390235
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:38 PM
I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB for my graphics card, I'm not sure if that's the same thing as the video card *noob*

And I don't take the sliders above 256, most of them tend to stay below 200. I don't believe I have any issues with the built in breast sliders aside from they just look weird and pointy which is something that everyone experiences. However, I do get that the breasts don't look the same in CAS as they do in game with the built in sliders. It's only with the breasts too, everything else looks exactly the same.

I have yet to try reapplying the super patch, I might consider it if nothing else seems to work, and no worries I always back up my stuff, after losing it all 3 times I have a tendency to maybe over save

I have tried the Dashboard tool on my windows since the program does not run on mac, none of the mods I had seemed to be conflicting. I would play the game on my windows computer but it's not as powerful as my Mac and lags /a lot/ so I can't do much about it. I don't use sims3packs since I bypass the launcher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:50 PM Last edited by ohmygodIdontwantanaccount : 26th Apr 2015 at 6:01 PM.
Okay I tried reapplying the super patch but that did not seem to work, I still have the character's breast looking funky like that

Edit: I tried maybe using the same shirt that Deshong has for their Sim to see if maybe it's just unfortunately all the shirts my Sim is wearing and well...

http://i.imgur.com/SgnZskM.png
That didn't work too well either
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Deshong : 26th Apr 2015 at 7:50 PM.
Here is a topic from someone having an issue with TS3 not recognizing the better video card and how to check if that is the case.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/712916.page

Because you have a Nvidia Geforce GT 650M, I'm going to guess you also have another video card built-in to the motherboard. Perhaps TS3 is recognizing the built-in one and not Nvidia.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/0...-your-card.html

Also I'm not sure if the found: 0 match 1 is an accurate indicator since I have those results as well but I know for a fact that TS3 is using my Nvidia card because the VGA cable is directly plugged into the video card, not the motherboard. Plus on the dxdiag report it says Nvidia. I have a desktop so for you having a laptop that's a different story. Here's how you check your system information if do not know: https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=8208#mac

I don't know if that will be accurate enough to tell which video card your system is using. On PC it showcases both my motherboard integrated video card and standalone Nvidia. Not sure if there is an equivalent to dxdiag on PC for Macs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:10 PM
So I tried to make sure that my graphics card was being recognized and I did several of the steps and it said it was. Despite that I at least attempted to see if fiddling with it would make a difference, which the answer to that is no unfortunately.

I tried accessing the Nvidia control panel but I don't think I can do that on a Mac, or at least I wasn't given an option. I attempted to google to see if there was something I should download which I didn't find any relevant information.

I attempted figuring out my video card but I also wasn't given information on that and it just took me all the way back to my graphic cards info.
Alchemist
#12 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:26 PM
The breast slider will inevitably look strange because you didn't just increase the value of the breast sliders (EA and custom), but also the weight slider. The weight slider also controls how big the breasts get. Also, the bigger values you input, the higher the chances are that they'll look strange.

I'd recommend OneEuroMutt's breast sliders; the "breast Y scale" one "flattens" them a bit, so you should be able to make them look less like they're trying to smack her in the face
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:45 PM
Oh I've never heard of this one. I did try to make her skinny once to see if it would make a difference but it didn't actually. Do I use this one along with the other custom sliders or use this one alone?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmygodIdontwantanaccount
Oh I've never heard of this one. I did try to make her skinny once to see if it would make a difference but it didn't actually. Do I use this one along with the other custom sliders or use this one alone?

Personally, I recommend pretty much all of OneEuroMutt's sliders.

They're pretty great, and I haven't had any graphical issues with using them. Plus, she makes some fantastic asymmetrical sliders, which was a niche EA totally ignored.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 11:04 PM
*Snort* well
I tried just adding them with the mods and well

http://i.imgur.com/61b8WqI.png
It's... better but still weird as ever.
I'm gonna try without the other sliders now, wish me luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 11:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/A256xrD.png

This is certainly much better, I'm content with the results.
It may not be quite how I want it but it'll do and it's definitely much better than anything else I've tried lol
Does anyone by any chance know any mods that fix the weird hanging issue at the bottom of the breasts?
Just wondering, it's not really that necessary.

Edit: I just realized that that plumbot kinda looks like he's reaching for the jubblies XD
Theorist
#17 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 11:37 PM
ROFL I'm sorry but seeing those pics the first thing that comes to mind are the patients on the TV show Botched where they consult with 2 doctors on how they can get their botched plastic surgeries fixed :D

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥