Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:52 AM
Default Making a residential lot "rentable"
If anyone's been following other threads I've posted on, I'm interested in getting it so a lot can become a rental lot (like an Apartment lot), but NOT of the "apartment" type because of some horrendous oversights by EA in making apartment lots (mainly, that it adds random, controllable sims to your household).

I made a mod that lets you use the disable roommate services menu on an apartment lot, however, it did not stop these roommates from spawning.

So, that got me thinking ... and I searched for various things in ILSpy to see what types of interactions there were.

Would it be possible to clone some object (perhaps something "inconspicuous" light a lamp, or a certain bush that would be on any lot you want to designate as a "rental" lotand give it an interaction like "Convert to Rental Lot" and do the following things:
1. Alter the "lot worth" [there is a "GetLotWorth" code in the game. I believe an apartment lot calculates rent to be 1% of the lot value]
2. Disable bills OR convert them to "auto bills" [AutoPayBills is a "debug" option on the mailbox. I believe you can change (through a mod) the day of the week the bills come on. So, this cloned object could do "AutoPayBills" and have the bill pay amount be the new lot worth we just calculated - then have them "auto pay" once a week.)
3. Since the lot would still need to be "purchased" - the person moving onto the lot would pay the purchase price, which would be the new lot worth that we would calculate. [just think of it as a "security deposit"]
4. Possibly change the map tag to the "apartment" map tag - so you'd know when in map view which lots were "rentable" [there is code for each different type of map tag]

Does anyone think this would be doable as a script mod? (or even possible at all?) I'd be willing to try it, but I'll need some hints/tips/advice/suggestions!

I feel this is a really fundamental part of "real life" that's really missing from the game and would love to be able to add it.