Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Head Shape Slider

by jonha Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 10:11 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2011 at 11:44 AM by jonha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 96 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 6
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:00 AM Last edited by jonha : 18th Apr 2010 at 11:32 AM.
Yes, I can add translations.

OK: French translation is included.
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 2:52 PM
Hi there is a "small" problem with a single female hairstyle. I think it is an EA hairstyle, but I am not sure.

The hair is not moved. If I am adjusting the head length only a small amount, the problem is not really visible. But even within the normal range -without getting a Sims-Monster: the hair is floating above the head or the skin is shining through the hair respectively.

Nonetheless, many thanks for this mod (and all your other slider hacks)!
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:23 PM
I can't thank you enough for making this! It always annoyed me that sims had longer faces and big foreheads. Simply amazing, once again thanks for making this it was much needed.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#29 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:32 PM
LOVE IT! Thanks for being such an awesome modder type person :-)
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tairon
Hi there is a "small" problem with a single female hairstyle. I think it is an EA hairstyle, but I am not sure.

Oh, right. Stupid EA. If some mesher could fix this by assigning the vertices to "HeadNew" instead of "Head", this problem could be solved. But I'm horrible at using Milkshape and the Blender importer/exporter doesn't support bones yet, so I can't do anything about it.

I will update the known issues at the front page.
Scholar
#31 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 5:54 PM
My sims thank you very much....I know some of them suffer from the heart brake of big head itis.... ....thank you for sharing!!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Winterhart, you can use the Extended Game Core, it conflicts with my "Slider Hack" but not with the sliders. There is nearly nothing, that can conflict with my sliders.

Of course you can alternatively also use the slider hack on the 10 sliders download site to remove the limit.

This slider is of course in Head->General, maybe you missed it because it is not necessarily at the bottom and it could be somewhere between the other sliders.
Thank you. I am blind. I found the slider and the slider hack. Every thing works now! :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 7:09 PM
Note: I think I can fix the hair problem. Looking at the file format for geoms it's probably even easier to hexedit them, instead of having to change the bone assignments manually. A complete fix should be available soon.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 7:46 PM
Winterhart, the slider is under the Head size slider in the head section.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 8:48 PM
Great, thanks!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 10:56 PM
Wow, will there a way to cut back on the width of the face as well. all my sims in 3 look slightly pudgy especially in the cheeks.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:16 PM
This slider is best thing ever after sliced bread. I love you ♥ Can't wait to try it out in my game. *__* Too bad I have to wait till tomorrow *sigh* School kills all the fun always *pouts*
Field Researcher
#38 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 12:49 AM
Thank you!! :D
This pretty much completes my collection of desperately-needed sliders.

Tyber - if you wanted to make their faces slimmer/thinner there is a slider for that. I can't quite remember, but it's either a default Head Width slider, or more likely one of Jonha's Facial Sliders.
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:39 AM
it should decrease the forehead size...
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyber
Wow, will there a way to cut back on the width of the face as well. all my sims in 3 look slightly pudgy especially in the cheeks.

The width from left to right can already be adjusted with a basegame slider. If you want something else please explain. I would be happy to make another useful slider.

Quote: Originally posted by TathiWitch
it should decrease the forehead size...

You can use this slider and putt the eyes up again, it will look pretty much the same. But I can provide a forehead slider, too, if you need it.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 5:15 PM
Woo and might I had hoo! I've been sooooooo waiting for this slider, I'm sick of fiveheaded Sims. I never understood Maxis obsession with large foreheads.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:46 PM
This is what I have been waiting for! Thank you so much! I have always hated having the weird shaped, high-foreheads!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:14 AM
WOW!
Thx so much for that one, jonah!! x333 This slider will definitly be useful. But now there is another problem... the ears. XD For they move up and down with the forehead... it looks pretty strange, when you decrease the range of the forehead, and the ears move down with it... now I have ears on lawer jaw hight. XDD It really REALLY would be great, if you could add an ear slider, so you can move them up and down seperate from the rest of the head... also, the headshape. could you maybe make a slider, that changes the headshape, but without making the whole head thin/broad?
I attached a picture, to make my intentions clearer. XD
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melody2
It really REALLY would be great, if you could add an ear slider, so you can move them up and down seperate from the rest of the head...

Not possible, as they have no proper bone assignment. You would have to create something as the elf ear slider, that means creating a real morph. And I don't think I can or want to do that at this time.

Quote:
also, the headshape. could you maybe make a slider, that changes the headshape, but without making the whole head thin/broad?
I attached a picture, to make my intentions clearer. XD

I think I could instead make a slider that adjusts the width of the lower head area. Not sure if it will look acceptable, but I will try.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:35 PM
Not possible, as they have no proper bone assignment. You would have to create something as the elf ear slider, that means creating a real morph. And I don't think I can or want to do that at this time.

Hmm, okay. I get it. XD So then... would it be possible to move the upper head (forehead, hair, etc...) but without moving the ears with it? So that you decrease the hight of the forehead, but the ears stay at their primal position...?

I think I could instead make a slider that adjusts the width of the lower head area. Not sure if it will look acceptable, but I will try.

Well, yeah. That would be fine, too. But then you would have to include the ears to that area as well, wouldn't you? For the upper head would really be too broad then, without the ears included... ôo But I'm curious about the result of your idea. XD
Field Researcher
#46 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:47 PM
Thank you so much for this and your other sliders because my sims look less fugly. :D

I'm curious if anything can ever been done about the fatness/width of sims' necks. If you take away some of the "huge head syndrome" by removing some of the width and size from the head, then you're left with a big neck that doesn't quite fit and some strange looking joints poking at the sides.
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 7:15 PM
that will be usefull, thanks!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melody2
Hmm, okay. I get it. XD So then... would it be possible to move the upper head (forehead, hair, etc...) but without moving the ears with it? So that you decrease the hight of the forehead, but the ears stay at their primal position...?

No. Roughly speaking, the ears are attached to the hair and forehead area. They all have the same bone assignment and can't be moved separately.

Quote:
Well, yeah. That would be fine, too. But then you would have to include the ears to that area as well, wouldn't you? For the upper head would really be too broad then, without the ears included... ôo But I'm curious about the result of your idea. XD

Well, as I said, the ears can't be moved. I can move mouth, eyes, nose etc. as they all have bone assignments, but not the ears. The ears can only be moved together with the hair area. As I said, I will try to put something together, but i don't know if it will be usable.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 9:55 PM
Well, as I said, the ears can't be moved. I can move mouth, eyes, nose etc. as they all have bone assignments, but not the ears. The ears can only be moved together with the hair area. As I said, I will try to put something together, but i don't know if it will be usable.

Okay, now I really got it. XD Then I'll just wait for your result.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 12:56 AM
I can't thank you nearly enough for this slider. It makes my Sims look less freakish.
Page 2 of 6