Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 15th Dec 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Default Loading screen showing wrong hair.
Whenever I load up a lot the loading screen either shows my sim with a different hairstyle or none at all and although it may be humorous to look at the first time around it does get annoying after a while.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:06 PM
Maybe a better thread title would be "Loading screen showing wrong hair"

I've had the issue before. Usually it's to do with weirdly-made default replacements.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 15th Dec 2017 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Maybe a better thread title would be "Loading screen showing wrong hair"

I've had the issue before. Usually it's to do with weirdly-made default replacements.

Thanks I changed it to that. I had also edited my post to fit the title more.Yeah I have a lot default hair to replace the ugly Maxis ones but I didn't experience that problem with one of them yet.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:14 PM
Remove the CC causing it? Get a better computer? I mean there isn't any way to predict or help it-well apart from the two suggestions I just made. It's just a graphical anomaly but probably your computer saying "That's' too high poly and I'm not going to render it!"

I am guessing this is a help question (posted in the wrong place) normally I would move it to help, but you won't get help for this. Most of us big CC users experience this kind of thing now and then. Ugly messed up mesh/bald sims on the loading screens, it's just par for the course of using a lot of CC/defaults.

Next time you have a simple help question post on the silly question thread or if it's a more major question on the help board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:23 PM
I've seen bald sims in the loading screen before but when the lot loads they are perfectly fine, so I chalk it up as jo said par for the course.

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Remove the CC causing it? Get a better computer? I mean there isn't any way to predict or help it-well apart from the two suggestions I just made. It's just a graphical anomaly but probably your computer saying "That's' too high poly and I'm not going to render it!"

I am guessing this is a help question (posted in the wrong place) normally I would move it to help, but you won't get help for this. Most of us big CC users experience this kind of thing now and then. Ugly messed up mesh/bald sims on the loading screens, it's just par for the course of using a lot of CC/defaults.

Next time you have a simple help question post on the silly question thread or if it's a more major question on the help board.

Originally this thread was me asking if somebody else experienced the same problem but I'll remember that the next time I have a technical problem with the game.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:32 PM
Loading screens aren't that reliable. For ages my family bin has shown a single Trent Traveller household, and a full Traveller household with Trent still in it. I recently moved the full family one into a lot, and the loading screen still showed all three, but when lot loaded it was just the other two. I understand it can be annoying when the information is incorrect, but best thing is just to try and ignore it, or laugh at how silly it is.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:37 PM
Oh yeah, I have one sim who looks like she has no pants on but an inflated lower half. It's a default that looks perfectly fine once the lot is loaded, I just go grab a coffee.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM
I've got one sim with a default top that doesn't show in the loading screen; she's standing there in just a skirt. Again, everything looks fine once the loading is done.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:55 AM
It happens now and then in my game - it does not bother me too much
Inventor
#11 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:33 PM
I haven't had loading screens bork on me before, but hearing other people's experience, I kinda wish it did. Would be intriguing to see the results.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:37 PM
Not really. It just looks like bald heads and messed-up meshes.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:14 PM
I've had floating heads and T-posing Sims, but not much more than that. I was rather amused when the Curious brothers ended up holding each others' kids instead of their own.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:27 PM
i have one hair which in loading screens shows up as nothing but i've learnt to deal with it

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 11:35 PM
Lots of my hair in loading screens shows up with blue transparent bits, but they're always fine in game.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:11 PM
Not helpful, but I had the same problem and it never bothered me. Don't think there is much to do