Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:55 AM
In my game I gave Nervous the grilled cheese as a 2nd aspiration. He was happy making grilled cheese for the Beaker household and would easily get into platinum. I used the gypsy matchmaker to get him a cheap, blind date and they fell in love, got married and had a daughter named Serenity. If you change that Mohawk hairstyle and give him a beard to hide that pointed chin, he's not so bad looking.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:37 PM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 23rd Apr 2015 at 4:35 AM. Reason: Fixing link.
I replaced Nervous' mohawk hairstyle with the side swoop hairstyle from Nightlife for my game. Here's a picture - http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ner...pecter_Icon.png
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:05 AM Last edited by sandalaris : 27th Nov 2017 at 10:04 AM.
While I love the idea of playing him as asexual, especially since in my game his LTW has always been to top the Law Enforcement career, I've always found him to easily develope a thing for Pascal. In fact, I had no idea he had a set disgust for him as I try and avoid forced relationships (mostly. I fought hard with Johnny and Buzz but they are happily married now and expecting their second child. I took one look at the memories of their fights and went "there needs to be more to that."). I discovered them during game play when Pascal was the only one Nervous kept engaging in positive interactions without my telling him too. I leave them alone for five seconds and they would exchange jokes and talk. One flirt later and they were set. Now they have four kids.

I played the Curious household where Lazlo moved out almost as soon as Nervous moved in. Basically I kept up the torture at the Beaker house while Nervous and Pascal built their friendship. When it got to a high enough level, Nervous finally felt safe enough to confide in his friend what was happening (there was a lot of testing involved on Nervous' end, it having gone poorly when he told people in the past). Pascal moves him in, Lazlo moves out, gets knocked up by aliens and moves in Crystal to be his babysitter/girlfriend. Only they discovered they were better off as friends and lived together until Crystal decided to get her own place.
The Curious-Subject household is being slowly remodeled with an up stairs living area for Vidcund and his two children (well, one now as his oldest is off at college with Pascal's first born). But with five kids, Pascal focusing on learning as much as he can get his hands on over actually advancing his career, and the combined maternity leave, it's slow going.
Instructor
#79 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
He is a family sim with the LTW to Reach Golden Anniversary. I was puzzled by his total failure to register any attraction to the sims he met, so I looked up his file in SimPE. It turns out that he is totally disgusted by both males and females. Oh, come on, Maxis! How is he supposed to cope with that? With whom or what could he possibly reach golden anniversary?

What have other simmers done with this character? Do they push through a romance with Pascal Curious, ignoring the element of disgust? Should I just put things right in SimPE, and make him attracted to one sex or the other? I like to play within the rules if possible, but here it seems just impossible. Any ideas?

I appreciate the often-mentioned suggestion that Nervous is asexual, and I LOVE the idea he was intended to be paired up with Pascal (and help raise his alien spawn! The family he always wanted.)...but in my hood, Nervous's lack of attraction and personality points stems from the trauma and abuse Circe and Loki have put him through (and possibly Olive too - she did lose him to the Social Worker, what could she have done?) Even after leaving the Beakers, Nervous will need a long time to recover and learn to be comfortable around other sims in any capacity. Hopefully, Pascal will help Nervous regain some of his original personality back!

On a side tangent, I think Family is the perfect aspiration for Nervous. Considering who his mother is, and having lived in the Beaker family...he should want nothing more than a family. But that doesn't mean he wants or needs to traditionally marry and have kids. Maybe re-connecting with Olive? Or meeting Ophelia?
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:44 AM
In my game, he marries Pascal Curious and tries his best to be a good father to his baby. It's not very exciting, but it's sweet and the only reason I play Strangetown.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Field Researcher
#81 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:09 AM
I does not matter what you exactly do. Just give him love. He deserves love. All of it.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 3:21 AM
I still pair Nervous and Kent Capp, three years and I don't know how many restarts later. They are one of my OTPs, apparently.

No other megahood players pair them up?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#83 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Annorah : 29th Nov 2017 at 4:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I still pair Nervous and Kent Capp, three years and I don't know how many restarts later. They are one of my OTPs, apparently.

Wow. Look, I normally pair Nervous and Pascal, but I am enthralled by megahoods, so from now on Kent Capp is someone I will definitely keep in mind for Nervous. Thanks for the idea! I like experimenting with crack ships
Test Subject
#84 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee

I wouldn't have thought of them. I just started a new megahood... I'll have to "introduce" them

As far as my experiences with Nervous go, I've had three. When I played as a kid, I paired him up with Pascal because they seemed well-suited and it was easy. It took me forever to figure out adoption (I was six- give me a break XD), but they adopted a really cute little red haired girl. The Curious household was a bit crowded with Lazlo, Crystal, Vidcund, and his twins, so they moved into the Specter household with Ophelia and Johnny. Unfortunately, he never reconciled with Olive as she passed away sooner than I expected. That game exploded into a fiery mess, and my parents never let me buy another copy because my dad works in computer forensics and is convinced that The Sims is a giant virus.

The second time I played was on my work MacBook last year. I was planning on taking longer to pair up sims, but a certain Miss Stella Terrano started throwing hearts like crazy for Nervous. I figured it'd be fun to do something different, and boy was I right. They made an excellent couple despite the age difference, and had six lovely children, all of whom inherited Stella's alien skin tone. In this iteration, he reconciled with Olive, and she was particularly close with one of her granddaughters, Galaxy, a fellow knowledge sim. He did not, however, spend much time with Ophelia; he could never seem to get along with her husband, Ripp. Sadly, this story ends in heartbreak as his best friend Pascal decided to autonomously flirt with Stella in front of him and two of his children. That situation remains unresolved because: I now have a PC!

In my current (first!) megahood, he hasn't developed any romantic interests. I considered pairing him with Pascal again, but Pascal seems content to focus on his little girl, Andromeda (ruler of men- a fitting title). Nervous loves Andromeda, but doesn't seem as inclined towards Pascal as in my past playthroughs. Erin Beaker seems to have taken an abnormally large interest in him, so I may let her pursue that. On my Mac, she ended up with Johnny, which was an amazing pairing, but I like to mix it up. Maybe I'll let them meet people from the different sub hoods and see who gets along the best.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:06 PM
One time Erin Beaker found out about what her brother had done to Nervous, so she pretty much grabbed him and moved him in with the Singles household. It was a bit loud and hectic for him, but he grew to like his friends.

Mostly I tend to move him in with the Curious family. He likes looking after babies. Thanks to P.T.'s alien technology, he was even able to have his own daughter with Pascal volunteering as a genetic donor. They're not together or anything, Nervous just wanted to have a family.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:38 PM
Where is @music2ologist? I have not seen her around for a while.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:48 PM
For me, I had him strike up a friendship with Circe (I like to imagine she's not as cruel as Loki), and therefore she helped him escape the Beaker castle. Once he escaped, he reunited with his mother who was overjoyed to have her son back and dedicated her time to make it up to him after being a terrible parent before. One day, Olive invited her close friend Bella Goth over (I changed her aspiration to family too, I think family suits her better), and Nervous was lovestruck by her beauty and charm. He nervously approached her and struck up a conversation, and over time the two fell for each other and got married. Nervous also became Captain Hero and became good friends with his co-workers Buck Grunt and Jenny Grunt (formerly Smith...she married Buzz not Buck, btw XD). Nervous and Bella also have three BEAUTIFUL children: Olivia, Lavender (iirc), and little Lucius. :lovestruc When I last left them a year ago to change towns to play, Nervous and Bella had *just* turned into elders and retired and are still happy together.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:25 PM
You've heard of the painting goblin, right? In my first Strangetown, that was one of the things the Beakers were using Nervous for. They stuck an easel in his basement, and when they weren't "experimenting" on him personally, they often sent him down there to paint, selling the results. Nervous had long since learned to be terrified of disobeying the Beakers, so he did as they commanded and eventually became quite proficient at painting.

This was the Beakers' first mistake.

Learning to paint - even at the behest of his captors - gave Nervous the self-confidence that he'd been missing for so long. He'd internalised the idea that he was useless and couldn't do anything right; now, suddenly, here was something he did well. More than that, the creative outlet encouraged him to start re-discovering himself. He began considering his own wants, after so much time spent focusing only on satisfying the whims of the Beakers. He started painting in the dead of night while Circe & Loki slept, keeping the finished canvases under his mattress as something that was just for him. And he got closer to Pascal Curious.

Eventually, Nervous snuck some of his paintings out of the Beaker mansion via Pascal, who sold the pieces for a tidy sum. Combined with Pascal's own savings, the amount was enough for the two men to buy a two-bedroom house: a shared room for the two of them, and one for Pascal's alien daughter Stella. Nervous and Pascal married, raised Stella together, and got on with their lives. Nervous joined the police force and quickly worked his way up the ranks, spurred by a determination never to let anyone else suffer what he'd suffered at the hands of the Beakers. His promotion to Captain Hero fulfilled a lifetime want, earning him permaplat aspiration from then on.

After Stella left for university, Nervous and Pascal adopted another child, a girl named Chris. When Pascal passed away, Nervous retired to spend more time with his daughter, supplementing his pension with a new career as a novelist (after everything that had happened in his life, he had plenty of writing material to draw on!).

Nervous lived to a ripe old age and died a good death: the Grim Reaper greeted him as a son, embraced him, and told him it was time to move on from this world to a place where he had always had family. Full of the hope of seeing Pascal again, Nervous took the offered suitcase and followed his father into the afterlife, leaving behind nothing but a golden tombstone.
Scholar
#89 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:55 AM
I've played him three times.

The first time, he married Lola Singles, with whom he had two biological and two adopted children. The girl was named Olivia, because he felt he ought to name her after his mother but couldn't quite bring himself to name her after the least popular woman in town. Unfortunately, because Lola was a lot older, he found himself a widowed single parent quite early on.

The second time, I'd been following Ovenhole's Reloading Strangetown story and decided to incorporate it. After Olive died, the supernaturally clever lawyer-llamas tracked down her long-lost son in no time and ensured that he received his full inheritance - including helping him to move from the Beakers' basement to his late mother's house. However, remembering how kind his cousin Ophelia had been to him in the orphanage, when she had no idea who he was, Nervous felt bad about depriving her of the inheritance she had thought was hers (and no doubt deserved, after putting up with Olive for so long), so he made her an offer: she could have all the cash he had inherited, along with most of Olive's family funds, if she would let him have the house. Ophelia was delighted; she hated the gloomy old house and all its horrible memories, and the money Nervous was offering her was just enough to buy a nice little Cape Cod for her to start her adult life with Johnny Smith.

Nervous quickly got rid of the graveyard, funding a new one in town, and redecorated the house in cheerful colours. He married Pascal, who moved in with his alien son George Curious, and they promptly started to adopt. They eventually had so many children that I'm not sure the kids were better off adopted than they would have been in the orphanage: there were four girls sharing Ophelia's old room and two boys squeezed into what had been a part of Olive's old room, while the adults and a toddler (or two) were in the main part of Olive's old room. George, by this time, was at university. Except for Georgia Newson, most of the early adoptees were babies: Pascal named one child Annie, after his grandmother, and the other three were named Delicate, Loyal, and Curious Subject. As Nervous and Pascal reached old age, they decided to adopt older children; when the game gave them two consecutive girls named Chris, I decided enough was enough and no amount of pleading would persuade me to let them adopt another.

The third time, I looked at Nervous's personality points and realized that he was actually very like his mother, so I changed his aspiration to Knowledge. This time, he left the Beakers of his own volition, when he found several lots of roaches on the lot and decided he'd had enough of cleaning up their mess. He took with him one of the machines he'd been testing, that maxed his motives, and moved into the weird little house with a basement and a flat roof. He immediately applied to adopt a child, though more from a sense of duty than any desire for parenthood - he felt he had a responsibility to save a child from the miseries he'd endured - and the social worker brought him a little boy, whose name I think was Stephen. I thought Nervous was going to stay single in this game, but he did eventually form a relationship with Pascal and moved in with him. This time they just adopted the one girl, Elizabeth.
Scholar
#90 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 12:00 PM
mostly he is straight in my game even though i think him and pascal are meant to be lately in my plagued hood he has been showing an intrest in zombie circe

a few years back when i was pretty much a noob at the game erin beaker was going around marrying everyone having kids with them and killing them,nervous was one of those unfortnate men

i feel like making him love his mother and become the new death

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#91 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:06 AM
Poor little Nervous--i always feel sad when I look at his freakish personality. The first thing i always do with him is invite the Beakers into the basement, remove the stairs and leave them there. I hate those two for what they did to Nervous! Then i give Nervous a different-color mohawk for every outfit. The rainbow mohawk is his favorite, so that's what he wears for everyday.

I have never hooked him up with Pascal, but after reading all these stories, that sounds like a perfect pairing. The last time I had him hooked up with Natasha Una and they moved in and took care of all the Newsome kids until they grew up and went to college, then they had their own children.
Page 4 of 4