Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Misty's Red Dwarf Project

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 246 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 100,898 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 25th Oct 2010 at 11:29 PM
Updated: 19th Jun 2012 at 10:19 AM
What is Red Dwarf?

Assuming you're not all that familiar with the show (so nice of you to click to view this upload anyway! ), I'll just take a second to describe what's it's all about:

The series does not involve an actual red dwarf, but a red Jupiter mining ship that, for unexplained reasons, is named Red Dwarf. The protagonist, Dave Lister, is the last human being in the universe. His companions are a humanoid cat, a borderline-senile computer, and a hologram of his dead bunkmate. None of this makes sense, but it doesn't matter because of just how good this series is.

Really, Sci-Fi combined with British humour is as good as any show can get. I used to watch it when I was a kid, and it was the awesomest thing ever. I was too young to get all of the jokes though, but still, a humanoid cat, a slob and a guy with a letter H stuck on his forehead were enough to make me watch the show. Simple times those were. Then earlier this year, I've cought a glimpse of it on TV and it all came back to me; bought all of the DVD-s, re-watched them twice, and then the idea of this project was born.
Quote:
This simmified crew will have to do without Kryten, sadly; my meshing skills are quite basic, and I'm sure even experienced meshers would find it difficult to mesh all of his mechanoid parts.
Because I am completely and utterly bonkers (and also because many people really want Kryten), I've decided to at least try and make a decent Kryten sim. Yes, it will take a while :P

It took me about 230 hours to finish this (why yes, I -have- actually counted :P). It's my biggest Sim project up to date, and something that made me get off my lazy butt and learn something about meshing.

Anyway...let's get down to business. Long post coming up mind you.

Dave Lister

"I'm an animal! I'm a tasteless, uncouth, tone-deaf, mindless, revolting, randy, blokeish, semi-literate space bum."

"Rimmer, there's nothing out there, you know. There's nobody out there. No alien monsters, no Zargon warships, no beautiful blondes with beehive hairdos who say, "Show me some more of this Earth thing called kissing." There's just you, me, the Cat, and a lot of floating smegging rocks. That's it. Finito."

Dave Lister (played by Craig Charles) is a Liverpudlian slob, but in a really loveable way. He really wants to go back to Earth and start a farm, but even though Earth is three million years away, he seems unwilling to go back into stasis rather than put up with Rimmer and the Cat and probably die before the ship even comes close to Earth. He's just that awesome.

Credits

- Outfit is a new mesh combined of Aikea Guinea's jacket mesh and Maxis pants. Thanks to the ever so awesome Aikea for giving me permission to edit her awesome mesh, and to use her gloves textures.

- Both hair meshes use parts of Nouk's ponytail mesh. Thank you Nouk for being such a fabulous creator with such an awesome policy.

Arnold Rimmer

"You are a total, total ... a word has yet to be invented to describe how totally whatever it is you are, but you are one and a total, total one at that."

Arnold Judas Rimmer (played by Chris Barrie) is a snob, but in a really lovable way. For most of the series' run, he is dead; fortunately for Rimmer, death is less deadly in the future, which means he gets revived as a hologram. But death is also not the life-changing experience it used to be, and Rimmer remains a snobbish annoyance while being dead. Not many people can be annoying while dead; that takes an awesome amount of callousness.

Credits

- Huge, huge thanks to Alfred Askew for her generous permission to recolor her delicious hair texture. It was a most simple job, I've just moved a couple of sliders, all credits go to awesome Alfie.

- You will need the hair mesh by Nouk. Follow this path: All Old Downloads->Male Hair->Sport it short.

- Skintone is by Anva, edited by me. Thank you, Anva, for your awesome policy!

- The outfit is a recolor of a Maxis mesh that comes with Apartment Life, so you will need AL for the mesh to show up.

Cat

"Eh, what's that? Oh, it's my shadow. Hey, even my shadow's looking nice! I'm looking nice, my shadow's looking nice, what a team! We are unbelievable! Okay, team, this way."

Cat (played by Danny John Jules) is a member of the species Felis sapiens. He's very stylish and self-centred, but in a really loveable way. Also he's ... er, actually, that's about it. In fact, he's self-centred to the point of complete obliviousness. Whenever he plays a major role, half of the episode is spent on attempting to explain to Cat what is going on and what he needs to do. But he's just awesome!

Credits

- You will need the fangs mesh by GeneralZoi.

- The suite is a recolor of a Maxis mesh that comes with Bon Voyage, so you'll need that EP. Stud earrings on the pictures are from BV as well.

- Skintone is my edit of one of Needlecream's awesome skins. Thank you, Needlecream for making and sharing your lovely creations!

- Hair is my edit of one of Maxis ponytail hairs.

Poly count: F=384 V=236.

Holly
"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Holly (played ny Norman Lovett and Hattie Hayridge) is the ship's computer. He's senile, but in a really loveable way. He has an IQ of 6000, which is only because the average intelligence of a computer his age is equivalent to that of a brand new Talkie Toaster. Just like many old people in real life, Holly attempts to appear cool by using colloquial language ("What's happening dudes?") and, just like many old people in real life, fails miserably.

You get two Hollies for the price of one! Isn't that awesome?

Kochanski

"Why are we even asking him? Let's at least ask someone who's going to give us a slightly more intelligent answer... Hello, wall, what do you think?"

Kristine Kochanski (played by Chloe Annett) Kochanski dated Dave Lister for about 3 weeks, and Lister has been infatuated with her ever since. His whole plan for a life in Fiji included Kristine Kochanski, so it was a bit of a blow, when she was killed in the accident, with the rest of the Red Dwarf crew.

Credits

- You will need a mesh by Nouk, follow All Old Downloads->Female hair->Girl Next Door hair.

The Expansion Packs are needed only for Rimmer's and Cat's outfits to show up, all of the sims will work just fine when installed with CleanInstaller

If you're a Red Dwarf fan I do hope you will enjoy these sims in your game, and if you're not...well, perhaps these sims will make you go and watch an episode or two? Even if they don't, have fun with them, they still make quite nice 'regular' sims

Custom Content by Me:
- Lister
- Eyebrows
- Unkempt stubble
- Eyebags
- Chin Dimple
- Cheekshine
- Smirk Line
- Lister Skintone
- Lister Hair
- Lister Hair Mesh
- Lister Outfit
- Lister Outfit Mesh
- Lister Hair+Hat Mesh
- Lister Hair+Hat
- Rimmer
- Rimmer's H
- Nasolabial2
- Forehad anti-shine
- Eyebags Pinkish
- Eyelids
- RimmerSkin_Anvaedit
- Rimmer Hair recolor
- Rimmer Outfit
- Cat
- Nose lines
- Jaw shadow
- nose mask
- CatSkin_Needlecreamedit
- Cat Hair Mesh
- Cat Hair
- Cat Suite
- Hollie
- Eyebags
- Lip Lines
- Nosemask
- Holly
- Lashes
- Nosemask
- Lip lines
- Kochanski
- Lip LInes

Custom Content Included:

Note: Rensim site is, sadly, dead, so the links in the CC list will take you to the model railroad building website (yes, apparently such thing does exist:P).

- Eyes by JoanneDyer at MTS2
- Shadow by SimpleLife
- Sclera v2 - Dark by Anva
- Facekit - Nose Bulb 2 by Rensim
- Facekit - Teeth, Eyebags, Lashes by Rensim
- Layerable Mouth Corner by D.Eclipse
- Shadow2 by SimpleLife
- Nosemask by Sironasims
- Ga_Laxy Eyes by Teru_K
- Blush by Louis
- Blush - Circonflex Anti-Shine by Rensim
- Eyebrows by Rensim
- Nosemask by SironaSims
- GlamBrows by La_Exotique
- Eyes by -Shady-
- Lashes by Lunar Eclipse
- Shadow by Simplelife
- Eyes by Bruno
- Sclera v2 - Light by Anva
- Aging Mask by SimpleLife
- Eyes Blush by Alfred Askew
- Shadow by SLU
- Eyebrows by SLU
- Anva edit by Misty/Anva
- Eyes by @stefan
- Lip Blush by Bruno
- Skintone by needlecream
- Eyes by JoanneDyer
- Lipstick by Pyxis
- Nosemask by SironaSims
- Nosemask2 by Pooklet
- Hollow of the Cheek by A.S.K. by AtomicSpaceKitty@MTS2
- Eyelids by SLU
- Blush by Bruno@MTS2
- Lashes by zoej
- Skintone by Anva

Additional Credits:
Milkshape, Wes_H for plug-ins, the creators of SimPE, Uncyclopedia for some of the text used in the upload, all tutorial writers whose tips I've used, the creators of and the cast of Red Dwarf, folks at Creator Feedback Forum and everyone else who contributed to this fun project :D