Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 5:21 PM
Hugs, hugs and more hugs
*please delete or move my post if is in the wrong session*
I got actually two things to relate. My sims lately have a big wish of hugs...the try to hug each other all the time... in community lots what is annoying!
... The second thing is I wanna wish you all a great weekend!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 5:31 PM
Sounds like it could be the Super Duper Hug bug. Do you see 'super duper hug' as an option on your sims' pie menu?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=577752
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=581325
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 5:32 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Aug 2016 at 5:47 PM.
Umm ... did this come on suddenly, and is there a separate menu item apart from the usual hug interactions?

You might just have friendly Sims. But if you see a separate menu interaction, you might be Hug-Bugged. While you will always have the latter now unless you reinstall, there are mods, such as BoilingOil's No Sim Loaded, that will at least get rid of that nonsense while you're playing. The only problem that occurs with the Super Duper Hug Bug is if you upload lots, others will get it too (that's how I got mine) and fortunately, there are ways to get around that.

EDIT: Ninja'd! But thank you for the info, simsample. I subscribed to one of the threads I did not see here previously. I am very eager to find out whether generating a new folder with the NSL mod in place will fix the problem if you want to upload a packaged lot from an affected game ... just fix and repackage the lot in the non-affected game. I do know that in a vanilla game with no mods, the menu item doesn't show up in my game at all, so that's a hopeful sign. Maybe.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 10:26 PM
As well as the superEPcheck by Cyjon - it has to be installed with NoSimLoaded. (If these are installed after a new reinstall, the super duper hug should be gone forever, I believe).
Link Ninja
#5 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amora_selvagen
*please delete or move my post if is in the wrong session*
I got actually two things to relate. My sims lately have a big wish of hugs...the try to hug each other all the time... in community lots what is annoying!
... The second thing is I wanna wish you all a great weekend!

Thanks amora! I am actually getting married tomorrow! And you may want to check to see if you have a super duper hug bug if your sims are suddenly always wanting to hug each other.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 6:16 AM
Congrats to you, @Charmful !

And @amora_selvagen that definitely sounds like the Super Hug. If you have it, you'll also see an addition to pie menus when you click on this that says something like "DEBUG - Super Duper Hug." If you've got it, you'll want to get BoilingOil's No Sim Loaded mod and install it. It won't cure the bug, but it will suppress all of the symptoms of it so that they no longer affect you. You can still pass it on to others if you share lots, however, so if you do that, you'll need to let potential downloaders know so that they can install No Sim Loaded if they don't already have it. (If you install that before you have the Hug, you can't get the Hug.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:28 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 21st Aug 2016 at 10:01 AM.
As has been said above it sounds like the Super Hug. We do have some long threads on it, but the basic rundown is-

Your sims will hug everyone all the time
You will see Debug Super Hug when one sim clicks on another sim

This was caused from either a lot you downloaded or because you had a mod that wasn ot made properly in your game. This was a mod that added an action to your sims pie menu and you removed the mod.

The Super Hug is Maxis code that should stay in your installation files but is instead active in your game.

You can hide it (not get rid of it) so sims stop hugging, by Installing No Sim Loaded with Smarter EP Check. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1665.html Do not use NSL without Smarter EP Check, the link is in the description.

Do not upload lots from your game as it will spread the SH to anyone who does not take precautions against it.

This is why No Sim Loaded is on the recommended mod list, to prevent this. Once you have it you cannot get rid of it only hide it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:45 AM
Thank you all...
I will check today when I am back home but, they just do the interaction all the time.

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)