Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim keeps ressetting/sinning in place
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me.
My Sims keep resetting every few seconds. They can stand in place, walk, talk, whatever for a few seconds then spin a few times with their portrait changing. Then they're okay again. Rinse and repeat. It has to be a mod conflict problem because it doesn't happen with one half of my mods but it does with the other.

After turning testingCheats on, the game generated an error log box, I clicked reset and the problem was solved. No more resetting. But then again, I tested for a few minutes not hours so it's not guaranteed.

Ummmm... I guess that's all I know and did. Error log is under spoiler.

Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:07 AM
This guide shows how to find the problem and fix it:
Game Help:Game Problemwiki
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:28 AM
I notice it says "Desperation - Romance TEST" so perhaps a mod dealing with romance. If you know what that might be try pulling it, otherwise a 50/50 search might be needed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:46 AM
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:33 PM
My sims keep sinning all over the place too, but that's the way I like 'em.
The default Desperation - Romance TEST (group 0x7F01EC29, instance 0x000021F7) does not use any action strings so that is definitely caused by a mod that's either not compatible with your EPs or in conflict with another mod. Plausibly something that enables the desperation interactions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM
So I checked the post clsve was linking to and removed Squinge's DesperationInteractionsEnabled (yes, even though it said it would not cause problem but couldn't hurt to try, right?) and now it works?
I'm still super confused by why that would cause issues but better than than ACR or something!
Anyway, thanks to everyone who answered! Saved me a lot of time and nerves.