Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 1:38 AM
Default Favourite Maxis objects/furniture
Are there any Maxis items you find yourself using quite a bit?

I have a few:

- The Bistro table and chairs by Bourgeois Design
- Tablablanca by Simporters, Ltd.
- The Bootlegged Comfort Sofa - I like this one so much that I even went and found a loveseat version of it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 1:52 AM
The IKEA glass vase with tulips, and the potted leafy tree (fig?). I have a tendency to put those somewhere in absolutely all the houses I decorate. Other than that, I use quite a lot of EAxis objects and downloaded add-ons.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The IKEA glass vase with tulips, and the potted leafy tree (fig?). I have a tendency to put those somewhere in absolutely all the houses I decorate. Other than that, I use quite a lot of EAxis objects and downloaded add-ons.

That's one of my favorites!

If you're Dirk, I want to be your Lilith. <3
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 2:38 AM
The fig tree, single potted daisy in the small tall vase, seasons bedroom set, kitchen set, AL sectional, AL entertainment cabinet, IKEA entertainment cabinet, AL radiator, GL fans, blue store rug with vines on it, the little herb wall deco, Seasons kitchen deco, freetime car/sewing machine/clay maker, I could go on and ON!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:46 AM
The most used? The same fire alarm and security alarm in every! house.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:02 AM
Chairs: the tea party in teak chair.
The satinistic sofa
The durable living sofa
The Ikea beds
The club sofa and chairs
All the mission stuff
All the plants
All the skill objects
(I actually like using maxi stuff because a. they work for pets, b. they don't require mouse clicking on weird places and c. there are enough recolors out there
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 9:28 AM
How do you all remember what they are called ?

IKEA, B&K, FF stuff I know. No clue what the others are.

Mission (thanks Jespetro :lol )

I like the round glass table as well as the bistro table and chairs.

The white wall shelves teamed with the white bookcase.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 10:05 AM
I use the Mission beds a lot. More than half of my sims in my last 'hood had them before I realized it. For trees, I use the birch or breadfruit regularly, and if there is a pond on the lot there is probably also a willow tree. From the other categories I use a variety of things, but I really like those beds and trees.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
The most used? The same fire alarm and security alarm in every! house.

Yes, I was going to say the fire exit sign which I put on ALL my community lots - doesn't matter what it is (except parks perhaps), if it has public access there's a fire exit sign (or several). But, yes, the fire alarm too. It's the sort of utility things that get used the most I think. But that's not the same as favourites. I don't know that I do have a favourite EAxis thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:32 PM
The IKEA MALM bedroom set (especially the beds and the smaller chest of drawers that functions as a wardrobe). The IKEA KLIPPAN sofa (and the various CC add-on's!). The IKEA vase of tulips. The vase of sunflowers (I think they came with BG?). The AL slide, roundabout and monkey bars and the BG swing.

To be honest, I basically just love the IKEA SP! :-D I use a lot of the stuff from that SP......
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 1:46 PM
Isn't there a thread just like this? I couild swear I've seen one within the last 4-6 months.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:59 PM
Favourite Maxis objects/furniture

I asked my Sims their favourite Maxis object.

They were almost unanimous. The Love Tub!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 4:07 PM
The Mission counters - so pretty! The Seasons sink (to be fair, one reason I like it is the lower shelf that I can put stuff on, and that may be down to my getting MOAR SLOTS whenever I can). The instruments. The espresso machine. The mosaic table and chairs. The ladybug house. The composter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 2:51 AM
The Ikea furniture gets overused in my houses, especially starter homes. The compost bin gets used in every house...along with a bunch of other things (like the telephone) that I can't really think of right now.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 3:04 AM
I've overused the IKEA furnishings a LOT. As for custom furniture? The SIP living rooms, 6 and 7, and the amazing recolors they come with. And I don't really need to mention Shakerlicious kitchens and addons do I?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 3:40 AM
For bedrooms, the Ikea set..for the kids, they love to have those small ovens. Everyone loves the pinball machine from the aspiration rewards.

Oh, those Shakerlicious things are the only ones I ever use-even if they're not part of Maxis, they're superior to it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 5:00 AM
I also use the IKEA furniture in pretty much every house--even ones in time periods where it makes no sense. (The furniture doesn't look wrong, it's just that there was no IKEA back then.) Also, those cheap counters, the first real set of them, get used as bathroom counters a lot. I really love the cheaper shower/tub combo, and I always put the Well Wisher's Window above the sink in the kitchen.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 5:11 AM
Base game stuff but not the most expensive 1 to 2 under the expensive ones in all categories.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#19 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 12:53 AM
past times playing.
when creating new houses; usually the most expensive of each object type. or else the ones that provided highest Need satisfaction of the object type.
in pre-made houses; usually whatever its residents have a Want for.
aspiration rewards; Smart Milk and Elixir.

this time playing; have not done much actual gameplay or actual lot creation. mostly have been testing stuff I made outside game.
Alchemist
#20 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 7:53 AM
Like a lot of users, Ikea stuff gets the most use (especially cuz of addon cc) and I definitely over use the Malm bed and dressers. Need a modern look? Malm. Need a complete bedroom set that matches? Malm. Need a cheap bed? Malm. Don't feel like designing today? Malm. It's just so versatile. Best money I ever spent on a stuff pack, though to be fair, FFS gets a bit of use too; love decorating kid rooms with the race set and space set. Oh and that reminds me of TSS--the surfer set and socialite set are favorites, too! Not to mention that SP came with some of the best teen clothes in the game.

Other than that, the base game value counter has been getting a lot of love lately what with the bajillion recolors it has and Numenor's SEP I discovered a few months ago (I seriously don't know how I missed that. I've been using this site for practically a decade. ... Holy crap, it's been more than a decade. Geez. ). Seriously though, if someone could put the SEP on the kitchen basic and shakerlicious counters, I don't think I'd ever need another custom counter.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 11:57 AM
The lawn flamingoes! :lovestruc

In Sims 2 and 3, they give fun if kicked. In Sims 1 you could cast a spell to turn them into dancers:

Sims 4 flamingoes don't seem to do much, unless I'm missing something.
Scholar
#22 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 9:17 PM
Bruh, there's too much to list. It depends on what I'm building, who ends up living there, and which hood I'm using. Definietly lots of IKEA stuff and Glamour and and...former store stuff?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 9:22 PM
That cheap teak chair is the most useful chair!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#24 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That cheap teak chair is the most useful chair!

I actually hate that chair. Idk why, but it never spoke to me. The Jules chair on the other hand... :lovestruc

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:59 PM
And that's what makes horse races...Which one is the Jules chair?

The teak chair is just - a chair. It's not beautiful, it's not ugly, it's not expensive, it never looks out of place - and it's apparently easy to recolor because I have a ton of them.