Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:29 AM
Default Islam and muslim people
Hi guys, I am new here and I have a suggestion. Is (or was) there any context or theme about islam religion or culture? I noticed (and downloaded) mosque (you did the great job http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=97849) from losonogo, and it would be cool if there would be members/players that can build/make houses, gardens, cloth and other things that are used by muslim people. I myself would make something, but - believe me - I am REEEEEEEEEEEAAAALY BAD at this.

P. S. This is NOT political/religious post, but simply a suggestion to make a colourful sims world and sims of different nations/culture/religion.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:35 AM
I'm afraid this classifies as a request, and those aren't allowed on MTS. If you'd like help finding custom content with an islamic-influence, you could try the Where Can I Find (WCIF) forum (linked at the top of the forum where you posted this), but asking people to make things is against the rules.

This forum is about game discussions, and if you're interested you could always ask people for ideas on how they've incorporated islam into their game, see if anyone has ideas or tips.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 12:28 PM
Ok, thanks, and I apologize if I said something wrong (I am christian btw).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 12:39 PM
Easy mistake to make when you are new Nothing wrong with discussing religions in game and incorporating real world elements, it's only when it becomes asking people to create things that you risk being told off.

I'm guessing you may have better luck finding Islam/Muslim-related things in tumblr, it seems to have Sims-communities that focus on other cultures than white american.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 2:11 PM
Only thing I can think of offhand is the hijab mesh. http://modthesims.info/t/485293
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:06 PM
Where I live (South Africa) Muslims wear Western clothes in general. Women do often wear pretty scarves on their heads, and men sometimes wear a type of hat (sorry, I forgot the term). They are very much integrated into society, as they run some of the biggest businesses, which means that plenty of people from other religions, including Christians, Hindus, whatever, and all races, do work for them. They are active in politics and sport and our former cricket test captain, Hashim Amla, is a Muslim. Some men wear long beards, others don't. (If that helps )
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:51 PM
Ummmmm, I don't know if this is a request, more of a badly worded WCIF. Anyways, there isn't one single mod that you can do this with, but with many other mods like Chris hatch's religion mod (allows you to create a religion) the basket weaving, gardening, etc...by using your imagination and the help with mods I think you can achieve your goal.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 5:00 PM
Oh wow, I wasn't familiar with losonogo's lots but those look fantastic, and I haven't even come to the mosque yet! I'm totally going to download this hijab and hunt for recolors too. If others know of similar stuff, well, I for one would like to know WCIF it Thanks for posting, @Lena88
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 8:13 PM
Here are some more hijab meshes.
http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/...-sims-pt-1.html
http://fraulinefive.tumblr.com/post...-that-happen-no

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Alchemist
#10 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:19 PM
like told before, asking requests is disallowed in this forum. but you may PM a creator that takes requests; some thread in the WCIF section lists creators that take requests.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:33 AM
Yeah I've never seen such a disagree presence on something that's so non controversial on here lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:52 AM
This belongs in WCIF https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=557

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
What is with the disagrees in this thread?

Must be bunch of Trump supporters.

What a bigoted statement there HarVee,

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#14 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Aug 2016 at 7:01 AM.
Everyone should have the same rights; no matter whether they're white, black, Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc.
That disagree toll is probably just a racist person who doesn't like Muslims.

It's sad to say that there're still racist people on Earth. Can't we (people) have peace forever? What's wrong with Muslims? I have a Muslim friend; and she's one of the nicest person I've ever met. She might have a hijab but that doesn't make her any different in my opinion. She can wear whatever she wants; but she shouldn't get insulted because of this. Terrorist this. Terrorist that. It's really annoying. I'm so sorry that she has to go through this.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:43 PM
Or the disagree troll is just a disagree troll. I wasn't going to say anything at first, but seeing the direction this thread is taking, I will - and this is directed at the disagree troll.
I do believe my post states facts - I live here, after all.
eg: Disagree that Hashim Amla is our former test cricket captain? That he is a Muslim? That he has a long beard? Check him out on Wikipedia, at least, before disagreeing with facts. One of the world's best players, having scored centuries against every test playing team in the world. (Oh, perhaps not familiar with cricket then?)
Some of my friends and relatives work for Muslim business owners.
There are a number of Muslims in our government in both the ruling party and opposition parties. Our Minister of Finance (which also may be most, if not only, competent Minster we have) happens to be Muslim. The leader of the Youth League of the Opposition is a Muslim too. (There are all facts. No matter if anybody disagrees a thousand times).
Forum Resident
#16 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
What a bigoted statement there HarVee,

Er... how is that a bigoted statement? That man and his ideology is based entirely on bigotry, racism, and hatred - full stop.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:41 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Aug 2016 at 3:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Or the disagree troll is just a disagree troll. I wasn't going to say anything at first, but seeing the direction this thread is taking, I will - and this is directed at the disagree troll.
I do believe my post states facts - I live here, after all.
eg: Disagree that Hashim Amla is our former test cricket captain? That he is a Muslim? That he has a long beard? Check him out on Wikipedia, at least, before disagreeing with facts. One of the world's best players, having scored centuries against every test playing team in the world. (Oh, perhaps not familiar with cricket then?)
Some of my friends and relatives work for Muslim business owners.
There are a number of Muslims in our government in both the ruling party and opposition parties. Our Minister of Finance (which also may be most, if not only, competent Minster we have) happens to be Muslim. The leader of the Youth League of the Opposition is a Muslim too. (There are all facts. No matter if anybody disagrees a thousand times).

Unless the disagreer is South African and of course, knows allll about this culture there? If so, please elaborate just how this is incorrect. Please.

Again, if a disagreer doesn't specify just what is being disagreed with here, it's generally a useless gesture, and I honestly feel it should be dismissed as a troll, a knee-jerk reaction or a naysayer. Some exceptions would be if the poster posted something really outrageous or a blanket statement without any substantiation; for instance, "All ______ are ________". Or something really, really obvious, such as "I came from the planet Thulip." Unless there is a planet Thulip out there? I also dismiss blanket statements about individuals (unless there is adequate documentation from sources that strive for objectivity) or comments meant to incite reactions and nothing more, so yes, I may post a disagree there. I admit that.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:53 PM
Hehe, Gazania I guess in every country there are people living under rocks.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:05 PM
*Ummm... Okay... I'll just hog the thread for now before it possibly gets locked just to say...*

@OP It depends on what era you're asking about specifically.

From an architectural perspective, courtyard houses used to be common decades ago, which is a house where all rooms over look a garden (courtyard) in the center of the house, as opposed to having it surround the house, which is how it is now. Sometimes there's a fountain in the center. Be careful though, because with the way the game works, you might end up with a dark room in the middle of your house, as opposed to how it should work. For some reason, lighting is a bit of an issue with such spaces in the game, even if they're not roofed. I wish EA worked a bit on this and skylights too. :P

In modern/present times, however, with the advent of contemporary designs, all houses are starting to look alike regardless of the region in question, with the exception of patterns, textures, etc... used to give some variety. If it makes it easier for you, M&G came with a Moroccan theme, which is part of Islamic design and vice versa. There's also a parquet flooring under the Wooden floors, with the Northern star on it, that's a famous Islamic/Middle Eastern design as well. That came with the BG. There are those Moroccan windows that also came with the BG. So, you could start with all that if you want.

And the floor plans are starting to get more open nowadays than they used to be anyway. Some houses have open floor plans, others are semi-open floor plans (I live in a house with the latter). However, there almost always is a Guests Room, located near the entrance hall, which is not to be mistaken with a Guest Bedroom, though, nowadays, it's optional. This room is made specifically to entertain guests. Sometimes, there are two doors leading into it, one from the inside, and the other from outside.

Hope any of this helps! :D
I'll add more to it once I can think of anything.

ETA: There is a workaround for the courtyard lighting issue, I might create a tutorial for it, if I get any pictures set up beforehand.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:14 PM
You know little of me personally and of my ideology. Therefor you cannot make that assessment of me.

*peeks out over bushes*

@HarVee I think the person you quoted was referring to Trump, not you personally. I could be wrong, but that's what I got from it.

@M.M.A.A. -- Thank you for the useful information!

*goes back into hiding*

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:43 PM
Just the way they say "That man and his ideology" in reply to comment that quoted me claiming I made bigot statement ... implies they talking about me and not Trump.

They were talking about Trump. It makes no sense otherwise.

Seeing as the disagreer has favoured every post I think they are just prejudiced against Muslims.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Sorry, but this disagree troll some of you keep referencing... stop feeding it! The only thing you (the collective you of people who write posts directed at the disagree troll arguing with them they can't disagree) achieve by doing that is to make it even more fun and enticing to do it. Imagine someone is here to just cause trouble, and they get a title, and frequent mentions, and obvious reactions proving they are achieving what they want. That just makes it extra fun, giving them a place and a name in the community. A hated one, sure, but it's still attention.

You can not argue logics with a troll because by definition a troll does not care. If you get a disagree that you think makes no sense, and you think it's the troll, then pretend it's not there and ignore it. You already know there's nothing to disagree with, so why do you care? What does it matter? Trolls will troll, that's the entire point. The sooner you all learn this and ignore, the more likely it is whoever will get bored and move on.

(And yes, I am aware that this also feeds the troll, but perhaps I can convince one or two of you to stop paying attention as well)

Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 6:50 PM Last edited by gazania : 26th Aug 2016 at 1:30 PM.
True.

There was an original post. Somewhere.

Lena88, there are creators who take requests, though admittedly not many. Or you can post in WCIF. Really, the latter may be of better help to you, and I will not be surprised if a mod directs you there. But I am leaving soon, and will probably see this thread gone when I come back.

Also, don't sell yourself short. With a bit of improvisation and more than a little CC, it's amazing what you can do. The game itself comes with Moroccan-themed items, and many creators have made add-ons. Links like these on this page might help:

http://historicalsims2.wikia.com/wi...cal_Middle_East

A couple of these are definitely not Islamic, but the build items might be of use. And the abaya on PBK, along with the hijab, might do for certain types of Islamic dress.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=226&t=5376

I am absolutely no expert on clothing that an Islamic woman wears, but observing the dress of women in my area of the world and my son's friend's family, clothing for Islamic women varies widely; from burqas to Western dress with no head covering. I've seen many college-aged women on my daughter's campus, as well as female employees in nearby shops, wearing a hijab, long-sleeved loose top and non-formfitting skirts and pants. There are a number of CC items on all different sites, including here, featuring loose, long-sleeved tops and long skirts and dresses as well as non-skintight pants.

I do not feel qualified to elaborate further, though. I think others can in WCIF.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:06 PM
I have absolutely nothing to add to this conversation, I just popped in to click all of the other buttons so that there are some more pretty colours to look at.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:54 PM
Morocco is an African country
Page 1 of 3