Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 3:47 PM
Default A row of shops
I have never built anything in neat marching rows before, and neither have I built a lot of small lots. So the idea is a row of small, basic shops to be run by Sims. This one is the first one in the row - a grocery - and has a wall on the side.

I am very uncertain about a number of things : is there enough space in front of the shop? Is the sides too boring? Is the roof actually right? As for the inside - it is not actually done, but suggestions welcome Too boxy? I don't want all of them to look exactly the same, but this one is kind of the footprint.

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 10:15 PM
I would decrees the garden by some plants, and put down a bit more concrete since it's not a residence but a shop. I would also take it back by a tile. Wondering why there is a seating area inside the shop? You can't help small lots from being boxy but if you wanted you could remove say 2 tiles from each corner to alter the shape. It's a very pretty lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 10:48 PM
Generally speaking, when running it as an owned business you want a lot of sales interfaces, a lot of room to line up at the cash register, and nothing to make them hang around after they've bought (so they can make room for more customers). I'd lose most of the counter space and that inviting seat to make room for more produce bins - more sales interfaces. And offset the register from the door to reduce traffic jams around the cash register line, which can really tank your approval rating.

It is very pretty though!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 11:06 PM
Thank you! I am going to listen to both of you; take away the seating (I guess I am trying to spoil the clients here - and take it back with more concrete. Will post screenshots in a couple of days (I actually have to work tomorrow )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 11:40 PM
I would move the till one tile along so the line isn't blocking the door and if this is to be an owned business, which it looks to be, add a shower to the bathroom. The kitchen I would make larger with a sofa and something in there for the workers rather than out for the customers. Customers stay even when there is nothing to do- they go have water balloon fights on the footpath, they walk around and view things like posters, they chit chat until you realize, hey none of you are actually shopping, could you all leave! They don't need a couch to encourage them lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 11:48 PM
Oh, the till will be moved - thank you, Jo And they will not sit anywhere. I actually thought of adding a shower; so it is going in too.