Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 10:54 PM
Default Where can I find Fireflies animation effects
Hi!

I've been looking around for anything Animated texture related when it comes to the fireflies. I did found some textures. Now I think the SWB files has them but It takes about 10-15 minutes for S3PE to load them, but the only thing I get is, after waiting for so long (and we're talking about the SWB files in the actual game files) the 'Error reading resource 0xEA5118B0-0x0051185B-0xAE1859FADE0A9056'

I'm not sure if I can take out an effect from it, but I do know that we can unable and able some effects we like and don't like.

The reason why I want to do this is because I want to make a fireflies jar that animates. Like the fireflies flying around in the jar. I was hoping that it came with an ANIM file since these are easier to apply on a mesh, though I have never made one. I also never used a SWB file on any mesh I made (And I guess they're controlled with a script so far I see)

I want to apply this firefly type to it (as seen in this post's pictures): http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...002#post4983002

Would it be better to make an animated texture file of my own, if there is one? (which I think it does since the EP7mirror has a texture with all of it's facial expressions in it). And how? Else, how can I control the fireflies VFX inside the SWB to make it work inside the jar. Because I guess if I would just apply it (if there is a way), the fireflies will definitely go anywhere but inside the jar.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 6:19 PM
I decided to work the way around and used the firefly script that also contains the VFX. Though, it makes me wonder if I can make my own effect or use the WA fireflies, but I know for sure, these will fly outside the jar. So is there a way I can duplicate the effect, and edit them (so that they stay inside the jar), and also adjust them to the script with my effect's name?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 12th Jul 2016 at 10:04 AM.
UPDATE!

So I manage to change the script's VFX setting from _terrarium to ep6glowbugsyellow_jarr but that didn't work out pretty well. As they VFX didn't show up IN the jar or outside. I followed this tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Object_Modding

(more like a reference to editing the proper way) but it seems that it didn't really work out. Especially since the object now displays the script's name and not the object's name.
So if I can't add the fireflies from WA, I guess I could work with the EP6 glow bugs. I just don't like the mesh, but I guess I could create an overrider for that one, althought since I'm planning on releasing it, I don't know if people want a default override that also takes away the mesh from the fireflies and I also need to figure out how to make it BG compatible.

So I spawned these with the FOG emmiter, but these bugs should be INSIDE the jar, but don't show up as they should.

And then to make the issue with the name a bit more clearer:

And it's not interactive for some reason, even though I made sure the member IS the actual terrarium script.

Here is the script in case someone wants to take a quick look:

EDIT: I'm stupid I imported the wrong script
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 10:45 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 12th Jul 2016 at 11:20 AM.
I seem to have another issue here when I want to build my script. It keeps saying:

"Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Terrarium' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
"Error 2 The type or namespace name 'TerrariumType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

And this is from a fresh decompiled DLL file. Even if I import it's CS file, I keep getting that error and it won't make me build the files I need for the script to work.

EDIT: nevermind I forgot to make it 'sims 3' compatible. (the script)
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 12:05 PM
Something tells me it's the VFX code I use for it. So as default in the script it would be '_terrarium' (Which I might need to test if it even works) but I guess the _ stands for the colours the player catched. So either something is wrong with the way I enter the VFX code, or maybe the _RIG file has to do with it? (which I doubt it since I use the same VFX as the bone uses and insects share the same bones it seems.)