Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 3:13 PM
Default How to change value in XML?
I'm trying to use Hobo Booze Bottle mod by zedrael. The problem is my sim is passing out all the time even after one drink. It's annoying as hell and they can't do anything other then passing out every 5 min. I opened xml file and there is 2 numbers that I need to change. I know it's silly question. But I don't understand - 0.1 is not enough so that it could happened rarely ? What it has to be - 0.0000001? Or what? What do I need to tipe so that my sims will never pass out?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 3:44 PM
Took me a while to understand it, but you actually need to read the strings under it. Sometimes those have the info you want. Though so far to my knowledge, everything that's 0.1 to 1.0 means 10% to 100%. So say you have a 0.5, it's 50%

the 45, as the game describes, are minutes so in this case, it takes a sim 45 minutes to pass out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Took me a while to understand it, but you actually need to read the strings under it. Sometimes those have the info you want. Though so far to my knowledge, everything that's 0.1 to 1.0 means 10% to 100%. So say you have a 0.5, it's 50%

the 45, as the game describes, are minutes so in this case, it takes a sim 45 minutes to pass out.

Ok, but if I want 0 chance percentage for passing out, all I need is type 0. And then in minutes - 1 min. Is this will not mess up the mod?
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 6:02 PM
Hmm Could be wrong, but I can remember that you had to type something like -1 to make your sims never pass out instead of 0. It would have made it easier if the actual XML said the limits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 6:16 PM
Hmm Could be wrong, but I can remember that you had to type something like -1 to make your sims never pass out instead of 0. It would have made it easier if the actual XML said the limits.

It said "non-negative float below 1"
So I guess I need to put 0.001. Right?
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:05 PM
0.1 = 10% 0.01 =1% 0.001= 0,1% so that makes it pretty rare for a sim to pass out. Unless you meant the minutes which I don't think is what you meant. Also I have noo idea if it would accepts 0.001. I know it will accept 0.01 though, since it's usually the limit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:54 PM
0.1 = 10% 0.01 =1% 0.001= 0,1% so that makes it pretty rare for a sim to pass out. Unless you meant the minutes which I don't think is what you meant. Also I have noo idea if it would accepts 0.001. I know it will accept 0.01 though, since it's usually the limit.

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks for helping me (^_^)/