Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:44 PM Last edited by tf1058 : 30th May 2016 at 3:36 AM. Reason: Nevermind I'm crazy

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Dashboard Error/Can't Continue
A while ago, I was scanning some packages that I guess the program had trouble with. Okay. It gave me this message, and everytime I open it it is the same result.

And since then, I have never been able to use it again because it is 'jammed'. Even though whatever files it scanned no longer even exist, it is stuck on that error. I can't even touch it, or close it without force shutting it down via task manager. Even weirder, it has been like that for two years...And even a whole OS update left the error..If I re-download it, same result..I am thinking it stores data in the registry somehow, but I can't find it. I can't do anything with it.

If anyone has any idea what to do or what is wrong, thank you in advance.

Edit: I remember the file it scanned seriously had something wrong with it, a merged file. I don't know what happened to it honestly, but it never did work..and it left the program 'scarred' or at the very least scared of any more lol

I've checked now..It isn't anywhere else.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th May 2016 at 1:38 AM
Not sure where you installed theDashboard but mine are in the Documents Folder. Do you perhaps still have files lurkng about? MadScience.Helpers.dll - MadScience.Wrappers.dill - Sims3Dashboard.exe

Or you might want to go into the Dashboard Properties and see if you have a previous version available.

Not 100% sure what caused your issue but I have read that trying to scan very large sim files/folders has crashed the application. The Dashboard only relates to .package files and the Mods folder is really the only folder to scan for conflicts and adjust caste settings. Even scanning the Library folder produces false positives and it's really not a sure fire way to find legitimate corruption.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:40 AM Last edited by tf1058 : 30th May 2016 at 3:00 AM.
Default Thank you!

Ok....I didn't have it anywhere else, but for some reason there was a stray madscience.dll out in some random folder. I deleted that...And the issue is fixed now. How does that make sense? lol But anyway, thank you! I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without your help!

Edit:

I'm just crazy :/ I confused it with CUSTARD...It still doesn't work. Crazy me. Thank you though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2016 at 3:32 AM
Well....hmmm. We are getting somewhere. It took a very long time and three different tries but..we actually have something. Let's see if that works..something about clearing those stray files must have helped. Cuz it hasn't opened in years.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2016 at 3:35 AM
Well, it worked! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th May 2016 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tf1058
Well, it worked! Thank you so much!

Glad to hear you're all set tf1058.
If you are going to scan folders other than just the mods folder you might want to take a look at Nona Menas Understand Mods and Conflcts With Delphys Dashboard . In addition to clarifying mod definitions there is a section further down the page with illustrations on how to read the conflicts. Many files highlighted in orange are not necessarily conflicts.

Just an added note: It will take a long time to load if you are scanning your entire Sims 3 folder. The Dashboard does not read 3Packs or .sim files. It reads only .package files. That is why it is recommended to only run the Mods folder through it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2016 at 6:18 PM
Yeah, I'll definitely just have it do small groups. Don't wanna kill it! Thanks so much! I'll read more about that.