Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 7:44 PM
Default Question about walls and floors
Maybe this question is a little bit out of topic, but I could not find a thread, where it fits better. Is there a possibility to affect the order, in which the self created walls or floors are shown in the catalogue in the game? I tried with name and with subfolders, and sometimes the order changed, but I don't understand the rules behind that. I would like to bring my walls in a logical order, before I do upload them. There are several sets, but some of them do mix with each other.

Thanks for helping me
Gabi
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:33 PM
Yeah it is a bit weird, changing filenames does affect that, but it still isn’t in the catalogue in the order you’d expect. What I did with my walls and floors was to add them into collections. The stucco set has about 200 items and there’s no way to make it look proper in the catalogue (unless I don’t know about something, which is possible), but I can decide about the order in the collection so I can arrange things like I want, and easily find them.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Yeah it is a bit weird, changing filenames does affect that, but it still isn’t in the catalogue in the order you’d expect. What I did with my walls and floors was to add them into collections. The stucco set has about 200 items and there’s no way to make it look proper in the catalogue (unless I don’t know about something, which is possible), but I can decide about the order in the collection so I can arrange things like I want, and easily find them.

Oh, thank you. Is there may be a way to make a collection in a faster and more comfortable way as about hundred items to drag into the collection? And how can I upload the collection? Can one export it as a file and upload then? Until now I have never made a collection.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th May 2017 at 10:16 AM
Far as I know, collection files can only be compiled an item at a time. The file doesn't need any special exporting - it can be found in Documents / EA Games / Sims 2 / Collections. Simply add a copy of that file (and any custom icon you may have assigned to it) to the .rar/.zip with the walls/floors you're planning to upload and mention that it's in there so that downloaders can toss it in the right folder. Also the collection file will probably be named something like 0x2cfda4af, which makes it somewhat tricky to find, but you can just sort the files in that folder by "last modified" to find it and then give it whatever name you'd like. (Did I answer the right question? I think that was what you were asking...)