Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:19 AM
Default Inheritance?
I'm on my second generation and she's living away from her parents who are probably going to die soon.

Will she inherit their stuff/money or should I go over there and swipe everything valuable? Their house is worth a fair bit.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lawnbowls
Will she inherit their stuff/money or should I go over there and swipe everything valuable? Their house is worth a fair bit.

Does your mother know you think like this?

You should get a warning that they are about to die and it's a good time to see them before they go. Make sure you save the game (Save As: ungrateful greedy child), then wait and see if your sim inherits. If not, load your saved game and use the time before they die to clean them out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:43 AM
hahah i'm sure her parents would rather see her well off than have their lifetime of hard work go to waste.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:44 AM
(Save As: ungrateful greedy child)

WIN.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
I hope the inheritances are more realistic than in Sims 2. A poor farmer couple of mine died and left their two kids tons of money so the second generation pretty much automatically became rich.
Alchemist
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:46 AM
How do you swipe everything out of their house though? I don't see how the family inventory is useful if the family is split up, and you can no longer put things like sofas and tv sets in a Sim's personal inventory...so...how?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:50 AM
Oh I thought I could put things in the personal inventory. I guess she'll have to make it on her own, so much for a life of artistic pursuits. Lucky I'd passed on some partner's deeds to her.
Alchemist
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:56 AM
Maybe there's a way... I was asking, hoping someone would enlighten me. I tried to move a Sim out of his parents house and I wanted him to take some of the furniture, but found it to be impossible. You can go to buy mode and put whatever you please into the FAMILY inventory, but when your Sim moves out, the stuff stays with the family that he moved away from.

It's lame.