Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:40 AM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 25th Nov 2018 at 12:30 PM.
Default [Solved] How to change the script of an object
Before anybody says, I know there's the Transmogrifier, or in-game script changer, but I want to change the script of an object outside
of the game. I don't know if it'll require VS or coding and all that.
Thanks for any help!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:59 AM
Hrm it really depends on what object we're talking about and what you want to do
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:18 PM
@Lyralei I was planning on making toddler beds, then changing their script to be a double bed (single beds don't seem to work) and then making new animations so that toddlers can actually get themselves in toddler beds and such, so basically just cloning a crib, editing it's mesh, then changing it's script to a double bed script, and finally animating with it

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:54 AM
Changing the script is very easy, you do it with S3pe. I don't know if that will work though. Have you tried out your plan with the Transmogrifier?
Clone an objects with S3OC then open it in S3pe. Right click on the OBJK resource and choose Edit OBJK, then change the script to the one you want. You can look up the script path ingame with the Transmogrifier.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Changing the script is very easy, you do it with S3pe. I don't know if that will work though. Have you tried out your plan with the Transmogrifier?
Clone an objects with S3OC then open it in S3pe. Right click on the OBJK resource and choose Edit OBJK, then change the script to the one you want. You can look up the script path ingame with the Transmogrifier.

Thank you, I actually discovered that and forgot to edit this thread, but thank you anyways
And yes, I first used the Transmogrifier just to make sure my plan worked.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 6:46 PM
Thanks for updating Good luck with your project