Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:15 PM
Default Which Sims 2 Townie Annoys You The Most?
Share below. This includes NPCS as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:33 PM
None of them annoy me I love them all.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
Whichever ones comes into the upscale restaurant with their rank ass pajamas. It just ruins the realism when the sims are having a nice dinner and Lucy or Benjamin whoever come in like they don't know what business casual is.

Thankfully I think I caught ahold of them with the Gussy up mod and gave them some decent threads.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:08 PM
That sounds like the Slob that comes with Nightlife. I'm not sure whether Slobs count as NPCs or not. If they are, the new outfit may not stick. I usually just use a mod to force everybody into formals on lots like that (Visitor Controller, Inge's signs, etc.)
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:31 PM
The only one that annoys me, though she isn't a "townie," is Crumplebottom. Sure, her shtick was amusing the first dozen or so times. After that, it was just damned annoying. So, she's universally banned in my game, thanks to the Visitor Controller.

Otherwise, I really like all of the "standard" Pleasantview townies. I have no idea why. I just do. I don't have them in all my neighborhoods, but I tend to view them the same way many people seem to view the Maxis pre-mades. I don't like the premades and (generally) don't play premade neighborhoods of any kind, Maxis or custom, but I have real fondness for the townies. Don't ask me why.

As for the Slobs and Mr. Big/The Diva...Yeah, I don't think changes made to them "stick." I remember once giving The Diva a makeover in one of my neighborhoods' playable salon, changed her hair and got rid of the awful Maxis makeup...but the next time I saw her, she was back to her original appearance. I think the only thing that works to change them is default replacements. That won't change their behavior, though. You can dress up the Slobs, but they'll still do their farting and belching shtick. And Mr. Big/The Diva will still do their primping and bragging thing, even if you dress them in rags.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:32 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 4th Oct 2018 at 8:22 PM.
Townies/NPCs have not annoyed me. though Nannies sometimes came close.

about Townie vs NPC; not sure, but I think game would check the character's household and/or the character's NPC type.
have not checked, but I think the BHAVs of Townies/Townie-types would be same as the BHAVs of characters from Create-A-Family; and no additional BHAVs. NPCs I think would have additional BHAVs.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:28 PM
Either the Cow or the Drama Professor, both university NPCs. Both are banned from all lots by the Visitor Controller.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:36 PM
Where's this Visitor Controller you're talking about from?
Also definitely hate the Cow mascot.
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:45 PM
The Visitor Controller: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The Visitor Controller: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:30 PM
The witches. I never play with supernaturals, so having them there bothers me. Plus, the evil ones conjure roaches.....eww.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:47 PM
Usually the vacation teens, who seem to feel that nose-flicking is a more appropriate choice of interaction than flirting. Or talking. But with ACR, every other sim chooses flirting at all possible opportunities, so I'm putting it down to poor socialization due to lack of upbringing.
Yes, they have their gender preferences set. Often they even have a couple bolts for their target. They just don't get social interactions.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:11 AM
Teens don't get autonomous ACR interactions unless you have an ACR adjuster actually present on the lot.

Aside from the cow, I don't really hate any of the townies.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:21 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th Jul 2018 at 2:21 AM.
I like mostly all townies, there is one townie that in my game over the years of playing I would consider a "Fatal Attraction" a complete stalker, her name is "Andrea Hogan.'
In my game she will follow Single handsome Sims male around, even passing their lot on a daily day to day, she will even call them on the phone asking to go out.

I been playing the Sims since 2006 and Andrea Hogan behavior have always been this way, she even broke up the home of a married Sims, the wife and her got into a Big fight.
The wife beat her down until her butt hit the ground, but in this case her Sim husband was in a relationship with her. LMAO

She is still stalking even until this very day in my neighborhood, trying to get this one single Sims name Perry.
If Perry happen to come out to get his mail Andrea is standing by his mail box, she a Fatal Attraction in my game.

Than there is Goopy sometime I give him a pass, but he like to start trouble and fight or poke other Sims on the Community lots. I only give him a pass when he behave and that rare. lol

Andea Hogan to the left Goopy to right they both give me a pain sometime .
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:00 AM
I don't play with the default townie set anymore since I replaced the hood that generates those townies with a cleaned copy, but I remember being really annoyed with Komei Tellerman and Benjamin Long whenever they would show up. For some reason they were always really mean and would pick fights with all my sims. Plus, they're ugly. My default face templates make sure all my new townies generate less weird looking
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:06 AM
The elders. There are way too many of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:18 AM
None, I got rid of them all with empty templates. If they annoy me it's my own doing since I made each one in CAS myself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#18 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 8:46 AM
Which ones did you use?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Which ones did you use?

Was that to me? Jawusa's http://modthesims.info/t/544800 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751 She has a couple missing, I think I found them on MATY or Simlogical.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:34 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 17th Jul 2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: better wording
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
None of them annoy me I love them all.
I think I agree with that, but even loved ones can be annoying sometimes. Think of parents and children. (We can't all have the perfect parent-child relationship that Andrew and Gloria have.) Apart from Mrs Crumplebottom and the cow mascot (who sets out to be annoying), I think the townie who annoys me most is Veronaville teen Kendra McCarthy. On one occasion at the Teen Townie Hostel in downtown Veronaville, she stalked Keith Cormier round the house, repeatedly poking him, apparently because he had beaten her at darts. Her behaviour became so unbearable that Keith had to ask her to leave, something that is normally seen as unpardonable rudeness in my game. And more recently she stole Andrew's food, when the latter had joined the Moltkes for a big family meal at Londoste. She had me quite worried then, because Andrew was really hungry. But BJ Shaikh, the Tricou Goth, loves her and is going steady with her. And even Julian Moltke (Andrew's boyfriend) has a soft spot for her, so I'm sure she must have some positive qualities that I haven't spotted.

At one time Ralph Enriquez, another Veronaville teen, would been my most annoying townie, when he went round PaintBoyz gay nightclub, poking and insulting all the clubbers, but now he's one of my favourites, since, with an autonomous kiss, he decided he was gay himself, and helped Jihoon LeTourneau turn his love life round.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady L.
The witches. I never play with supernaturals, so having them there bothers me. Plus, the evil ones conjure roaches.....eww.

For anybody that does want witches, but not the roaches - Pescado's creaturefixes apparently contains an undocumented feature that prevents the wicked witch spell from spawning roaches on community lots.

Gummilutt mentioned investigating it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...717#post5244717

AL version of creaturefixes is available here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Mad Poster
#22 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 12:35 PM
@AndrewGloria - you do have a point there.

I stand corrected.

None of them annoy me enough not to love them all ?

Just to make it clear - I am talking about specific townies. They are the default townies from Pleasantville, the default social townies from AL, the townies that came with OFB and University, the BV teens (I put ALL of them through Uni at least once ) and every other townie I may have forgotten about right now

Goopy :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#23 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:47 PM
I'm sad that I didn't know I couldn't get rid of them all before making my hood TwT
I wish I had known before

As much as I like them... I also dislike them? like, I wish they were... more unique?

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:33 PM
They are unique

Sims look far too peaceful and a bit boring today. "Oh, here comes Komei! fight? fight? fight?""
Knowledge sim is a bit lonely if I look at that social need. ''Oh, here comes Benjamin Long! You two can discuss science'' (while I enjoy looking at Benjamin's nose).
Romance sim wants to meet somebody new. Check relationship panel. ''Why have you not met Goopy yet? Let's use that teleporter..."

I know them so well
Theorist
#25 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:44 PM
All of them.

Got rid of all of them in my modified Pleasnatview template (except for Kaylynn Langerak).

I don't find them unique, I don't find them interesting. And I've replaced them with my own Townies.

And no, my own Townies aren't all beautiful or nice either. They just don't feature complete eye sores or stupid names like Goopy.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 1 of 3