Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:43 PM

It's riddled with transparency problems and crap, and a loooong way from finished, has stretching, etc etc., but just to let you know I haven't quit.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:26 PM
It does not look that bad as far as transparency goes (i have seen that when I place glasses on a sim with bangs) .The left side (might be the angle of the sim ) looks really blockish compared to the right which is smooth and flowing. I dont know much on hairs (sim or real ) so I may not be anything helpful to you , but good luck and great job .

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Instructor
#78 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 5:03 AM
I don't know if you're still checking here, but that hair is amazing. All of these styles can be found on my friends and families. I can't wait for the release of these.
Scholar
Original Poster
#79 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Nouk : 28th Apr 2012 at 7:51 PM.
Still working on it, right now I'm working on the afro which has some texturing problems. Right now only the Maxis-like texture looks good on it, and I don't want to upload a hair with such limitations.

Test Subject
#80 Old 6th May 2012 at 4:09 PM
I'm looking forward to the afro, I have several sims in mind that would love it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 6:52 PM

Scholar
#82 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 9:53 AM
I like it! The alpha and the texture work really well together.
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 11:49 AM
Thanks! Sadly it's not an afro texture, but more like a very curly texture.
What I need to do now is tweak the texture near the ears, close to the scalp. And I want to try and make that straight edge that you see on the hair that hangs over the chest less prominent.

Lab Assistant
#84 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:39 AM
I'm salivating at the thought of all these hairs. Especially the longer afro-type ones. I play a medieval game and I've been combing the net for a longer natural african hair for my sims of nubian descent and the last three displayed in particular will be perfect to fill that gap. I actually like the thought of those hairs in both a afro texture and the curly texture you have them in now. I hope I don't offend but the afro texture will be awesome for the more pure-blooded nubian sims in my game whereas the curly texture will be perfect for the mixed-race children whose hair has progressed from kinky to merely very curly.

Anyways I had simply wanted to say I think the hairs look awesome and wish you the best in the project.
Instructor
#85 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 3:37 AM Last edited by ttowntallyho : 29th Dec 2012 at 3:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nouk

I LOVE this hair, but the way it falls in front of the shoulders doesn't seem natural. The combination of the texture (really curly), the length (just below the shoulders) and the headband (which pushes the hair back) makes it seem like all the hair would stay strictly behind the shoulders. If this sim were to turn her head at all, her hair would naturally move behind the shoulder, so to have her hair fall over both shoulders like it does now makes it seem she looks straight ahead all the time. (My real hair is about the same texture and length when I don't flat iron it and whenever I wear a headband, my hair never falls over my shoulders.)

EDIT: I just read through this whole thread. See the picture in post 74? That is exactly what I'm talking about. Her hair will never fall in front of her shoulders.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 6:20 PM
Will this ever be published, Nouk??? :'/ I am terribly excited.
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th May 2013 at 10:11 PM
Please Nouk, I love the medium length afro
Test Subject
#88 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:12 AM
I think they all look great! And I know this is no place to be asking, but where/how did you get those gorgeous eyes on your Simmies? I've been unhappy with the eyes on mine, but I can't seem to find a shape that I like, sorry, just asking. Your hairs look great and you should really keep going on each of them. I would use them!
Scholar
Original Poster
#89 Old 29th May 2013 at 10:41 AM
Sorry, I've been unmotivated lately. Playing neither Sims 2 or Sims 3 anymore. I hope I'll pick it back up soon.

ttowntallyho: I have similar curliness, and when I try the hairstyle it's possible on me. But my hair is thinner! Maybe I can put the braid a bit more to the front? I kind of find the hair falling over the shoulders to be cuter.

Kortni: The eyes in the last pictures (august 24th post) were from me, you can get them here: http://www.wickednoukfamily.com/for...hp?topic=1656.0

Test Subject
#90 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 6:56 PM
Default Desperate for your hair!!
Nouk! If you see this any time soon, please know that I really would love the hair that you have posted. I think it is PERFECT the way it is. I have a daughter who loves to play the sims and I am desperately trying to get her to love her natural wavy/curly African textured hair. How can I convince her that her hair is fine the way it is when she can't even play her favorite game and with hair that looks like hers?? I would love to see these hairs you've created released. I can't believe that you weren't happy with them because they look AMAZING!! I hope to see them soon. Hopefully you'll see this! :-) :lovestruc
Inventor
#91 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 3:50 AM
Just wondering if this was ever released.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:22 PM
Installing my Sims 2 game again, hoping to finish the curly one a.s.a.p. but can't promise anything.

Test Subject
#93 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 5:23 AM
Hey just wondering if you would consider converting these hairs to sims 3 when your done
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 8:19 PM
I'm getting so sick of this stupid hair but it's finally finished and recolored. Now I have to make screenshots ... aaaaarrggghjhc;fhjonds;jfdh;ligbuasfib

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#95 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 9:35 PM
EEEE HAIR HAVE MY BABIES <3

You should test out queue bypass .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#96 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 5:35 PM
Oh my Nouk! :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Nouk : 31st Dec 2013 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tdog495
Hey just wondering if you would consider converting these hairs to sims 3 when your done

I'm hoping someone else will pick it up, as I always mess up my sims 3 hair. XD

EDIT: Ok the hair is finally up! Thank you all for your help, you've been very kind Would have given up without you.

Forum Resident
#98 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 5:15 PM
Hi - I'm awfully sorry to reawaken such an old thread, but I was hoping to find out where these hair styles had been uploaded? I've only been able to find the 'Happy Braids' hairstyle, and I've tried Nouk's things here on MTS and on the Wicked Nouk Family forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Inventor
#99 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 11:31 PM
QTeurla8 here you go.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=517747

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old/uploaded (do not delete - contains useful info for hair creation)
Page 4 of 4