Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 3:55 PM
Default Add teens to SimFinder app.
Hello, hopefully this is the right subforums for this question.

I've been trying to add teens to SimFinder app (you know, to this one):

To being able to instantly find not only young adults, adults and elders, but also teens as well.

The only thing I've found was SimFinder_PhoneSmart and I tried to play around with it, mainly changing AgeSpeciesAvail from default Y,A,E to T,Y,A,E, but I kinda figured those are rather ages that can *use* an app, instead of ages that can be used in selection to "find" a sim.
So I've been digging and digging, but so far haven't figured out a way how to add teens to selection as well and getting frustrated.

Any help? What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible to add them?
Thank you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 1:26 AM
Looks like it's in Sims3.Gameplay.SimFinderAppModel:

Code:
public void PopulateAgeComboBox(ref ComboBox ageTypes)
		{
			ageTypes.ValueList.Clear();
			ageTypes.ValueList.Add(SimFinderAppModel.LocalizeString("SurpriseMe", new object[0]));
			ageTypes.ValueList.Add(Responder.Instance.LocalizationModel.LocalizeString("UI/Feedback/CAS:YoungAdult", new object[0]), CASAgeGenderFlags.YoungAdult);
			ageTypes.ValueList.Add(Responder.Instance.LocalizationModel.LocalizeString("UI/Feedback/CAS:Adult", new object[0]), CASAgeGenderFlags.Adult);
			ageTypes.ValueList.Add(Responder.Instance.LocalizationModel.LocalizeString("UI/Feedback/CAS:Elder", new object[0]), CASAgeGenderFlags.Elder);
		}

You'd likely just have to copy/paste that code and change it to teen, then write a new function that calls that instead of the original Sim Finder App
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 12:56 PM
If I understand correctly, it involves working with visual studio, right? That's what I was afraid of

Thanks for help though