Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 2:21 PM
Is it possible to make the voice pitch go pass the limit in TS3?
I really don't like Sims 3 toddler's voice. It annoys me. I try to put it on the highest pitch to make it sound cuter, but it's still not cute enough. lol Is there a way that I can make the pitch go past it's boundaries. I'm guessing it will be different than the slider hacks since it is a sound thing? lol

thank you guys :lovestruc
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 5:54 PM
Hmm I've never tried it, but maybe some sort of default replacement with the AUD files?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 1:23 AM
Hmm.. How do I get these AUD files?

Thank you for replying!
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 4:43 PM
They're right in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild1.package

You can try the delta packages and the deltabuild packages to find some AUD or AUDT files. Not sure what the difference is between the two though... There is a tutorial somewhere over at MTS to convert AUD/AUDT files to a mp3 file. Or... just a sound file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
They're right in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild1.package

You can try the delta packages and the deltabuild packages to find some AUD or AUDT files. Not sure what the difference is between the two though... There is a tutorial somewhere over at MTS to convert AUD/AUDT files to a mp3 file. Or... just a sound file.

Okay thank you Greenplumbbob! I am going to try this and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 11:03 PM
Greenplumbbob ... I've found them. I"m now trying to make sure I get the voice files and not the action files. I mean such as the "toddler sitting". Some are obvious what it is such as "toddler crib cry" etc, but some not so much. I'm really trying to search these toddler file so I can narrow down the search but PE isn't allowing me to use keywords.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 11:17 PM
So far I only found the crib and dollhouse files for toddlers. I'm a bit confused about the dollhouse as I'm not sure which is the actually voice file. I took a guess and exported the "dollhse_playa_toddler" because the others were actions (sit, scoot, etc). There is "playa" and "playc" for toddlers. I've exported both.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 6:59 PM
I guess you've experienced it yourself. but I wouldn't be surprised if EA used those sound samples and used them on more interactions. Same for sims. Sims usually talk the same way and there isn't really a difference if your sim asks or talks about a specific thing. So maybe editing these two as a first try would work out? Else you could check out it's script and see what the name of the sound is called. (if you need help in that, let me know ^-^)