Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 4:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Sims Reappearing Instantly from Class/Exams on Custom Lot
Okay. I have searched for this and so far the only resolution has been to go through the FAQ (which I was unsuccessful with because my problem is occurring on a lot I created myself so if I remove my user files the neighbourhood I am having problems with ceases to exist...then theoretically my problem doesn't exist but all my characters are gone too! So I sort of got a bit stuck there).

I don't play with any hacks, I just use "cheatingtestsenabled" which as I've read frequently shouldn't actually cause this. It seems to have started after I installed Double Deluxe (because I didn't use to have it, I uninstalled everything (and foolishly backed up the wrong files but that's a long story) and started my whole game fresh and installed all my expansions from their discs/Origin (it's a mixture) and now that I've gotten to Uni again none of my Sims are staying at class. They did at the first term but as the semesters have progressed they are just going to class and instantly reappearing. Which makes passing semesters really difficult. I've taken to sending one to a final, entering buy mode, waiting and then going back to live and then they've been gone long enough to have taken their test but it is all a bit silly.

I've patched, deleted my cache but I don't know how to get around needing my current user files in order to access my created neighbourhood/Sims. I've searched and tried the FAQ, I'm genuinely not trying to ask the same question a billionth time, I sincerely apologise if I am!

My computer (laptop):
700GB (1/2 filled)
4GB ram
Nvidia GeForce GT 520M
2.10ghz processor (i-3 2310M)
64bit windows 7

I think that's all the required info?

I appreciate any assistance you can give, this is most annoying!
S x
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 6:32 PM
Nevermind, I moved them to a new house and the problem is fixed. Sorry to waste anyone's time!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved